All reviews dance hall stained glass private bath bon temps spent three nights chain hotels breakfast is served sitting room visit lafayette beds were comfortable cottage glassed louisiana alyssa refrigerator
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We enjoyed everything! The Mary room is lovely. Breakfast was fun and yummy! Dinner recommendation was good. Happy this place has had a long history and that we could share a bit of it. Maugie's history in the community is interesting, just the sort of visit that makes B &B stays so special.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Difficult to add much to what's been said already by so many guests, but yes, it's comfortable professional and friendly. The idea of gathering the guests for T'Juleps and general chat in the late afternoon is great and their knowledge of the local dining scene very useful. Plenty of lively talk over breakfast with other well-travelled guests - and the Mardi Gras version of the ooh la la breakfast deserves an extra ooh and la.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Pat & Maugie created a great atmosphere and experience during our 2 night stay in January. The accomodations were comfortable and private and the entire home beautifully decorated. The highlight of our stay were the delicious breakfasts and conversation with the other guests. The innkeepers were also very helpful in suggesting dining possibilities in the area, of which there is no shortage. Their decades of experience in the fine dining business were evident in both the quality of the regional dishes & their presentation.
A wonderful stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I had a similar experience as one review describes where Pat called me to inform me that they needed to move me to a different room since they had family coming into town. I was very flexible and willing to comply with their needs and found it rewarding upon my arrival. Pat and Maugie treated me like family, and I ended up spending most of the night visitng with them and their family. I had asked for the Louisiana room but was moved to the Fais do do room, which I do NOT regrett one bit. The room was beautiful and spacious, and the garden cats proved to be good company in the morning as I drank my cooffee on the private patio area next to my room. The satsuma tree was in bloom and the smell was delicious, it also proved as a great snack ;) The next morning my trip was further enriched as Pat and Maugie prepared one of their ooh la la breakfasts. Needless to say, if you are flexible and patient if the situation calls for it, you will enjoy your stay here with Lafayette's most loving and helpful hosts in Cajun land.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2013

I made a reservation at T'Freres for a room in the main house about a week before Christmas. Per their website the room was available so I booked online. T'Freres called me shortly after and said they had family coming into town to stay with them, so could they move me to the detached house. I said No, I wanted the room I booked. T'Freres said it was ok, I could keep my room. They called the next day and said they'd have to move me to the detached house or cancel my reservation, so I cancelled. This left me without a room right before the holiday. T'Freres will never get my business and other travelers should be warned about their unprofessionalism. There's nothing worse than a reservation you can't trust.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple