All reviews dance hall stained glass private bath bon temps spent three nights chain hotels breakfast is served sitting room visit lafayette beds were comfortable cottage glassed louisiana alyssa refrigerator
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We read about T'Freres in another Trip Advisor write up and it worked out that we were in the area. We called ahead that day and were lucky that a room was available.

This is a nice little B&B located outside of Lafayette. The accommodations are fine in a cute sort of way but the real attractions are the Inn keepers, Margie and her husband. We arrived and the first thing she did was to sit us down with a cool drink and introduce us to the other guests. She is a real hoot and as nice as can be. She knows everyone in the area and was full of helpful suggestions about restaurants and places to visit. In fact, she was able to get us a room for the next night along our trip which we were told was booked.

We had our choice of rooms and decided on one not in the main building. It was great and even had a complimentary stocked refrigerator.

And to top things off, the breakfast the next morning was terrific.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

If I were reviewing this strictly on the people, I would rate it a five. The service, hospitality and helpfulness of the entire staff is top-notch and what rates this place a 2 star rather than the 1 I really wish to give it. I give a lot of leeway to B&Bs, but this one just has too many negatives too overlook. First, our bathroom was filthy. There was a crazy amount of mildew, not just a bit, but scads and scads, thick layers in the crevices, the shower curtain, grime in the corners, and in my opinion, just absolutely unacceptable -- the bath wash was liquid hand soap. Really? I don't necessarily require luxury bath toiletries in a B&B but I have never before stayed in a place where they dump generic liquid handsoap in a clear bottle and call it bath wash. The mattresses on the beds sagged quite a bit, the sheets smelled odd, and its location-right off a busy highway - made for a noisy night.

On the plus side, as I said the staff was great, the breakfast was very good, (though they can just skip the canned fruit cocktail starter) and they have a nice appetizer in the afternoon. However, I would not stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.

2  Thank QueenMean
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Disappointing stay recently. Rooms cramped and untidy. Washing facilities grim and location on a busy intersection not ideal. As to the breakfast, I am not in the habit of paying to stay somewhere and being told what time I have to have breakfast ( or go without). A better use for the red pyjamas would be to give the place a good clean

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
2  Thank L359l
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We spent two nights in early April 2013 at this delightful B&B. Our room was comfortable and we slept well. The road outside was heavily traveled during the day but quiet at night and presented no problem. The real attraction was the hosts, who greeted and treated us like old friends, serving cocktails and snacks on arrival, making dinner recommendations and reservations and including us in a family celebration. It was a unique and pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I spent four nights at this Louisiana B & B. It is a unique experience! The hosts, Pat and Maugie Pastor are very experienced in the hospitality business and they have created a home that is quirky and full of character and beautiful period features, into which they provide the warmest of welcomes. Our room, the Garden Room, was large and very comfortable and our separate bathroom spacious.
I am usually reluctant to stay in B & Bs preferring the anonymity of hotels which better suit my British reserve. I dread feeling that I'm intruding in someone's home. But Maugie and Pat provide you with a comfortable sitting room, beautiful verandah, complimentary drinks in the guest fridge and after dinner liqueurs in the sitting room and they leave you alone to 'get on with it'. Having said that they are both available for drinks and canapes in the late afternoon and at breakfast in the mornings and will make excellent recommendations and reservations for you. They are very warm and knowledgeable and have a wealth of stories and anecdotes should you wish to engage but they are not over-powering. Maugie looks beautiful in her red silk pyjamas as she serves the unique 'Oh la la breakfasts' in the morning and elegant in her black silk outfits in the early evening. I'm so pleased we chose this B & B - it played a major part in our lovely trip to Louisiana and I loved every minute I was there. Thank you Pat and Maugie.
The location is convenient for making your excursions but you have to have a car here - it is at the juncture of two roads on the outskirts of Lafayette, one of them very busy.
My only criticism is the one I apply to all hotels: no spray for hair-washing - only a fixed overhead shower and no small individual reading light.

Room Tip: You can use the website to help you choose your room. They all look nice and are furnished with beautiful period pieces.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple