All reviewsdance hallstained glassprivate bathbon tempsspent three nightschain hotelsbreakfast is servedsitting roomvisit lafayettebeds were comfortablecottageglassedlouisianaalyssarefrigerator
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We just stayed at T'Frere's B & B for 2 nights and we thought it was a good value. Terrific hospitality and over the top breakfasts made all the difference. Nothing fancy -- just very down home and comfy. John even played his accordion for us at breakfast! Thanks to the entire family there at T'Frere's for introducing us to Cajun country!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We read about T'Freres in another Trip Advisor write up and it worked out that we were in the area. We called ahead that day and were lucky that a room was available.

This is a nice little B&B located outside of Lafayette. The accommodations are fine in a cute sort of way but the real attractions are the Inn keepers, Margie and her husband. We arrived and the first thing she did was to sit us down with a cool drink and introduce us to the other guests. She is a real hoot and as nice as can be. She knows everyone in the area and was full of helpful suggestions about restaurants and places to visit. In fact, she was able to get us a room for the next night along our trip which we were told was booked.

We had our choice of rooms and decided on one not in the main building. It was great and even had a complimentary stocked refrigerator.

And to top things off, the breakfast the next morning was terrific.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

If I were reviewing this strictly on the people, I would rate it a five. The service, hospitality and helpfulness of the entire staff is top-notch and what rates this place a 2 star rather than the 1 I really wish to give it. I give a lot of leeway to B&Bs, but this one just has too many negatives too overlook. First, our bathroom was filthy. There was a crazy amount of mildew, not just a bit, but scads and scads, thick layers in the crevices, the shower curtain, grime in the corners, and in my opinion, just absolutely unacceptable -- the bath wash was liquid hand soap. Really? I don't necessarily require luxury bath toiletries in a B&B but I have never before stayed in a place where they dump generic liquid handsoap in a clear bottle and call it bath wash. The mattresses on the beds sagged quite a bit, the sheets smelled odd, and its location-right off a busy highway - made for a noisy night.

On the plus side, as I said the staff was great, the breakfast was very good, (though they can just skip the canned fruit cocktail starter) and they have a nice appetizer in the afternoon. However, I would not stay there again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else either.

2  Thank QueenMean
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Disappointing stay recently. Rooms cramped and untidy. Washing facilities grim and location on a busy intersection not ideal. As to the breakfast, I am not in the habit of paying to stay somewhere and being told what time I have to have breakfast ( or go without). A better use for the red pyjamas would be to give the place a good clean

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
2  Thank L359l
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We spent two nights in early April 2013 at this delightful B&B. Our room was comfortable and we slept well. The road outside was heavily traveled during the day but quiet at night and presented no problem. The real attraction was the hosts, who greeted and treated us like old friends, serving cocktails and snacks on arrival, making dinner recommendations and reservations and including us in a family celebration. It was a unique and pleasurable experience.