I would definitely recommend t'Frere's - the owners are incredibly welcoming and you get a genuinely local flavour. We really enjoyed the tea juleps and crab croustardes in the early evening and it was great to get so many local recommendations. The "Ooh La La breakfasts" are incredibly filling and really memorable.
Our room was upstairs in the main house and very comfortable. The separate bathroom was absolutely fine with a good shower.
The position of the B & B is not great - it is near quite a busy road junction, so we experienced some early morning traffic noise and you need to drive everywhere for anything - normal in the USA, but less usual for Europeans.
Overall a great place to stay for exploring Cajun country and a unique experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best of the Best in the South by AAA Southern Traveler Magazine 2011. The building itself was built by one of Acadiana's most famous settlers in 1880. It is a beautiful old Acadian home located right in the center of Lafayette, Louisiana. Here you will find true cajun hospitality and Free, Fresh Breakfasts every morning. Your stay includes Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers upon check in, and complimentary breakfast, beverages and soft drinks during your entire stay. All rooms have private baths, cable television and wireless internet. We hope you visit us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t`Frere`s Bed And Breakfast
- t`Frere`s Hotel Lafayette