T'Frere's House is a cozy and friendly way to spend a few days in Cajun country. Maugie and Pat Pastor are knowledgable and have lived in Cajun country their whole lives. Yes, as another review states, they are not around other than check-in time and breakfast, but that is typical of a b&b. If you want a concierge desk you should stay at a bigger hotel. The Mary Room sleeps three and was comfortably furnished.
Breakfast is good and Maugie is famous for it--she ran restaurants in Louisiana most of her life. But there isn't a selection of items--you eat what's being cooked for the day.
The location is good and Lafayette is as good as any other town in Cajun country to make your home base for a trip to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Voted Best of the Best in the South by AAA Southern Traveler Magazine 2011. The building itself was built by one of Acadiana's most famous settlers in 1880. It is a beautiful old Acadian home located right in the center of Lafayette, Louisiana. Here you will find true cajun hospitality and Free, Fresh Breakfasts every morning. Your stay includes Complimentary Cocktails and Appetizers upon check in, and complimentary breakfast, beverages and soft drinks during your entire stay. All rooms have private baths, cable television and wireless internet. We hope you visit us soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your T'Frere's Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t`Frere`s Bed And Breakfast
- t`Frere`s Hotel Lafayette