“Great family reunion!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lafayette
Lake Fausse Point State Park
Lake Arthur, Louisiana
“Great family reunion!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Saw how beautiful the park was so decided to rent cabins for the family. It was a great weekend of fun, games, canoeing, hiking, and visiting with family. The cabins were great and not to far apart with beatiful views. ANd wildlife and fishing were great too.

Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KELLI c

Solo
Business
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We love this peaceful part of our world. We bring our kayaks here often and paddle to the camp sites that are only accessible by water. There are lots of fish and we always see plenty of wildlife. There are canoe or boat rentals. My sister rented a canoe last weekend and we all had a great time paddling the waters. The cabins on the water are beautiful and would be a wonderful night stay.

Things to note: you are in Louisiana and also in the swamps. There will be bugs. This includes Mosquitos and wasps! I have lived here my whole life so it does not bother me. I am also an outdoor person so I enjoy the wilderness. Bugs and all. So please note that you are in nature. Bring the proper clothes and bug spray. When we camp, we build a fire and it helps with bugs. We also have ton of spray. Yes we get a few bites but granted we are in the swamps.

Wonderful place to visit!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Traveler_at_Heart_09
Bath
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked 2 nights in one of their cabins overlooking the bayou. At $150 a night it wasn't cheap but the cabins sleep 8 so if there were a few people its a bargain. That said, we were happy with the price as the cabins are huge with a massive screened in porch overlooking the bayou - we spotted several alligators on our first evening whilst having a sundowner on the porch. Take all food/drinks you might need as the nearest food store is about 15 miles down the gravel road in Baldwin. The cabins are fully equipped, the bathroom was spotless, there's cable TV (but why watch TV when you can see amazing nature from your rocking chair?). There's a splash pool area to cool down, with picnic and BBQ stations all around. They rent canoes for $5 an hour. We took a 2 hour trip spotting more alligators close up as well as turtles and so many birds. We also saw a Cottonmouth snake on the tree outside our cabin. We took photos but kept our distance! Waking up to the view and sounds of the bayou was spectacular and I'd recommend this place to anyone who has a little sense of adventure. It's about 2 hours drive from New Orleans. They also have camping sites too so if you have a tent or RV then it's much cheaper and a really nice part of the park too. Highly recommended - it's one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Samadam
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 December 2012

My family and I stayed here over a weekend and it was so peaceful. Great fishing & wildlife. Cabins were spacious enough. We had 5 adults and 4 kids and we were comfy. Bring extra towels! And make sure you have everything you will need. The closest store was some ways away. NO CELL SERVICE at all with Att. Will bring walkie talkies next time..lol. We rented a John Boat with paddles but our cabin was at the back so it wasn't worth the rental. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank crystalmd
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The park was nice but it has so much stagnant water everywhere that the mosquito problem was unbearable. My family was swarmed constantly. Big spray helped some but not enough. At night we were forced to stay inside the camper because of the bugs. I have never seen so many in my life. Swarms. All my children had so many bites it made the trip terrible. We will never return to this park. The bathrooms were not so nice but the playground and trails where very nice. But however the mosquitos where even worse by them. Misery!

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank Macysmom81
Reviewed 28 March 2012 via mobile

I can't say enough about this wonderful park. The cabins are all just wonderful. I don't think there is a bad one. There is also lots to do. Canoe, flat boat, and paddle boats. Plus lots of nice trails. We had a BLAST.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Margaretvest
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I live about 30 miles form Fausse Pt. and the wife and I always look foward to going back every chance we get. If you don't like wasp, or bugs, than stay in the city or in your house. If you like nature, fishing, cooking and having a great time with family or even strangers, than go to Fausse Pointe for a few days, you will not want to leave. If you go camping and did not make any freinds, than you were the only one at the camp ground. Bring your boat or rent one and catch some of the best eating catfish or pan fish around. Sure, there are mosquetos at night, what campground near the water in Louisiana does not have? The camping staff are the best and will help you in any way they can. The camp host are great and stay on top of things to keep the sites clean. Can't wait to go back and pass anouther great time with family and make new freinds and hope the old ones are there too.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family