“A very pleasant surprise after a long drive”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“A very pleasant surprise after a long drive”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My first experience with the Staybridge Suites chain has been a memorable one for all the right reasons. The check-in desk experience was just the start of a pleasant 3 day business trip. The receptionist was very efficient and made me feel very welcome. My timing was perfect as happy hour had just started in the lounge where one could partake of a beer, wine or soda and a reasonable variety of snacks - all free. This happy hour is on tue/wed/thu evenings.
The hotel is very clean, the services not overpowering and efficient and the breakfasts are the best I have seen in any similar hotel chain.
Check out was a whizz - no queing - just agreeing what was on the pre-printed receipt.
A great experience and one which will be repeated next time I pass by Lafayette.

Room Tip: keep away from the elevators - they make a funny noise at every floor level
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank eddie s
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Hello Eddie S,

Thank you for being our guest - I really appreciate your business and thank you for choosing to stay here and willingness to stay here again. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. I was confused at first because your comments were so positive but the rating we received was a 1 out of 5 stars. I hope that we didn't let you down in any way - we truly love having you here and hope that we can accommodate you with a 5 star visit next time. If there is anything I can do to make your stay better, please call or contact me anytime. Thank you for you wonderful comments - I will definitely share them with our team!

At your service, Charles Oliver - Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel after changing hotels due to the uncomfortable stay at another hotel during a conference. As I entered the hotel my stress level went from 10 to 0 I felt as if I had gone to heaven. This hotel smells, looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo clean and indeed it is. My rooom was like walking into the gates of heaven from where I had just spent the night before(Hell). I had a beautiful peaceful time at this hotel. The hotel staff were very professional and friendly and to add the manager should recieve manager of the year he was so nice I loved him. I will be staying here everytime I visit. I has all you need. Kitchen, full kitchen may I add living area, it was so nice. If you want to have a mini retreat while on bussiness this is the place to stay. The have a managers reception on days free breakfast and all the little extras needed for free. I give it 100/100. Also the manager has knowledge on all extras and eateries in Lafayette, what ever you may need he has all the answers. This is the place to be on bussiness or pleasure. I will be returning soon and if you haven't I recommend you do.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Hi there PhD-Diva, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and thank you for walking over to our hotel from your conference and giving us a try. I hope that we have made you a Staybridge Suites fan for life! Your feedback was refreshing and kind! I am really happy we were able to provide you with the cleanliness, quality, and service you deserve! It is truly a blessing to have such wonderful guests such as yourself! Please come back and visit us again, perhaps for an upcoming festival, and give us a chance to continue exceeding your expectations! Most definitely, thank you for being our guest!

Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I got this room off of Priceline I was very impressed. Very nice and clean hotel with very friendly staff. Great location with big breakfast. Very close to some excellent restaurants. Will be sure to stay again when in Lafayette.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello there SouthTex, thank you for being our recent guest. I am glad you were able to find us online and stay with us. I appreciate the feedback you provided and I hope that we will get to see you again on your future travels to Lafayette! If there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations in the future, please let me know! We are truly at your service!

Houston, TX
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We got really lucky and wound up here via Priceline. I was super excited to see it was so highly ranked in Lafayette. I had never stayed at a Staybridge Suites hotel before, but this one was REALLY nice. Our room was beautiful and the hotel looked like it's either incredibly well kept up or has been recently renovated. And the free hot breakfast was fantastic!
A few miles off I-10, but worth the VERY short drive.

Hello sixteencmg,

Thank you for being our recent guest and finding us online! I hope that with your recent experience that you will book with us again and that we have turned you onto Staybridge Suites in all of your travels wherever they should take you! Our team works very hard to keep it maintained for all of our guests and I am glad you got a chance to stay here. Thank you for being our guest, come see us again!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We had originally tried to stay at a hotel in Baton Rouge but decided against it because it was the dirtiest hotel we had ever seen. We were so thankful to pull into the Staybridge at 1:00 am where it was not only clean but the staff was wonderful in assisting us. We were very relieved.

• Stayed March 2013
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Hello bethmarks, Thank you for being our guest! I am sorry that you had a not-so-pleasant experience at another hotel in Baton Rouge but I am glad that you found us in Lafayette to take care of you and that you had a great experience! Our team works really hard to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable and I hope you also got a chance to try out our delicious breakfast while you were here!

If there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations in the future, please don't hesitate to let me know! I am glad you stayed with us! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Great staff, breakfast, clean,....can't say enough positive things....Close to many wonderful restaurants & shopping..Location perfect..All my request fulfilled.. Stayed in suite 411.loved the separate 'quiet' bedroom.. Pleasant & professional staff..Will stay here again & again! Look forward to staying extended time & visit the excellent choices of restaurants shopping & antiquing...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there Veronica B! Thank you for being our guest!

Your positive review of your recent stay makes all the hardwork we do for our guests worth it! We love to make you feel like you are right at home and I am so excited that you had a wonderful stay! A lot of our guests really enjoy the 1-Bedroom Suites for the exact reason you mentioned - a separate "quiet" bedroom! Especially if your traveling companion wants to watch TV in the living area, there won't be any disturbing you in the sleeping area. I hope that you come back and see us again very soon and if there is anything I can do to make your stay even better, I hope you let me know! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Reviewed 4 March 2013

The staff was helpful and very friendly. Room is clean and well put together, nicely organized. The breakfast is worth getting up for in the morning. Located at downtown Lafayette close to the airport.

• Stayed March 2013
Hello and thank you wilc857 for your recent review of our hotel! I am really glad you stayed with us!

I appreciate your feedback about having a helpful and friendly team. We want to make sure you have a great experience with each and every visit to Lafayette! Additionally, I am thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast!! With a Build-Your-Own Breakfast Sandwich Station, Breakfast Pizza served every day, plus our selection of fruits, sweet breads, waffles, and more - there is really always something for everyone and definitely worth getting up for! Come back and see us again! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales