“Very Nice Place To Stay”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Very Nice Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a very nice hotel to stay when visiting Lafayette. I was here on a business trip, and where I stay on all business trips. Staff very nice, excellent conference room for our meetings. Suites are very comfortable, not at all like being trapped in a regular suite with only a bed and chair, their suites are most like home!

Room Tip: I think all their rooms are great no matter the location.
Green Features: Love that they have central air ventalation system. Energy efficient windows and washable dishes instead of plastic or paper products.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hello Nina W, Thank you for staying with us on your recent business trip! I really appreciate that you took the time to leave a review on your recent experience and that you found the rooms to be comfortable and enjoyed our meeting space as well! Many are surprised to see that our suites are setup with all the comforts of home such as a sofa, chair & ottoman, work desk...and a kitchen! Come back and see us again and please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay even better! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was so glad to see a new Staybridge in Lafayette! I have been here several times, and some hotels are nightmares, and others just OK.
For comfort and security, amenities, ease, and welcome; Staybridge is always a good choice. breakfast has healthy fruit and cereal choices; and the mid-week receptions are a welcome night in, if you are tired from work.
But, who can stay in, when Lafayette is one of the best cities in Louisiana for food. Only New Orleans has better choice of wonderful places to eat.
I highly recommend (I will go back as much as possible) Mabuhay Philipine restaurant; and the food at Bon Temps Grill is really wonderful. We ate at Prejean's and Landry's for lunch.
This is a good central place to see all there is to see; and I try to never miss the 500 year old tree at St. John the Evangelist Cathedral.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DOS_Charles_Oliver, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Hello Westea - thank you for leaving a comment on your recent stay and a double thank you for being our recent guest! I am really happy to see that you enjoyed the comfort and conveniences in your home-away-from-home! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast with hand-sliced fruits and healthy dining choices. I am also happy that you had a chance to try some of the food that makes Lafayette famous! Lafayette was ranked the Tastiest Town of the South and also Best of the Road for food. On your next visit you should definitely take a Bites and Sites Cajun Food Tour to experience more of the Cajun Cuisine in Lafayette! I appreciate that you chose our hotel for it's convenient and central location just minutes from many attractions and I hope that we will be able to host your next stay with a return visit! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This property is conveniently located on the south side of Lafayette with easy access to major highways. The property itself was clean as was the room we were given. The staff was pleasant and easy going. Easy check-in and easy check-out. Amenities were as expected with a Staybridge Suite.

The reason I chose this property was because it was the nicest of the IHG properties in Lafayette which allowed pets, and being a Platinum Elite member of IHG rewards, I wanted to stick with an IHG property. The pet rate is a reasonable $15 for the first night and $10 each additional night (I was only there for one night). One minor issue (which, I may also be partly to blame) is that I was not able to get the room I booked. I had booked a One Bedroom Suite with a King Bed and I was given a One Bedroom Accessible Suite with a Queen Bed. The reason for this is because I did arrive well before the posted 3 PM check-in time (I arrived ~11:40 AM if memory serves so kudos to the hotel for having a room ready to give at all) and I was informed (and this is what I was not aware of) that only the 1st floor's allotment of rooms could be used for traveller's with pets. Fortunately, there was a room available for me at that time, it just wasn't the one I booked - not a big deal. I mention this as a caution to others traveling with pets to call ahead of time after booking (mainly those booking online) to let the hotel know you're traveling with a pet. What happens if all 1st floor rooms are already booked and I have my pet with me? Will I be turned away? So there's my tale... Overall satisfactory stay and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Keith J, thank you (and your pet!) for your recent stay at our hotel. I want to personally thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite Member! I also want to thank you on behalf of our hotel team that you selected our hotel when you came to Lafayette and for being loyal to IHG. I read your comments and was pleased to see that your stay was satisfactory. I am hoping on your next stay we can take your experience from good to GREAT! I am happy that we were able to accommodate you with a room upon your early arrival. If a room is not readily available when you arrive we will store your luggage for you and place it in your room immediately as a room becomes available for your convenience. And well it is true that we typically reserve the first floor for pet-friendly rooms - we do this to make sure our guests 4-legged family members (pets, of course!) have quick access to any of the 5 exits that are on the 1st floor for guest convenience. I hope that you took advantage of our pet walking area in the front of the hotel! Additionally, we anticipate in advance pet-rooms when notated on reservations to try our best to accommodate bed types and first floor access. I hope that while your room/bed type wasn't exactly what you had requested that your suite was still super clean and very comfortable that will bring you back to stay with us again and again! If I can do anything in the future to assist you in any way or if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, please feel free to let me know! It is truly my pleasure to serve! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Opelousas, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My family travels for work and pleasure and we choose Staybridge because they have everything we need to make our stay comfortable and we dont have to do without the same amenities we have at home. Large rooms, living areas and the full kitchen allow us to entertain friends while in other cities and avoid having to eat out for every meal.... we can have a "Home Cooked" meal if we want to. We have only one negative regarding the 10AM opening time for the courtyard. My family are early risers (sometimes) and a few laps in the pool to start the day or breakfast in the courtyard would be nice.

Room Tip: Request a room with a bathtub if that is your preference
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello dahnw0916, thank you for your recent stay with us and your feedback on your experience with our hotel. I am pleased to read that you and your family stay with us and that you found your stay to be comfortable! It is nice to have a fully-equipped kitchen for a home-cooked meal and to entertain! What many don't know is that in our Guest Service Directory on the desk in your room there are many recipes that can be made to cook in your suite! Next time you stop in you will have to try the recipes and let us know how you enjoyed them! I am sorry that you weren't able to enjoy the courtyard before 10:00 am. Since our building is shaped like a horseshoe the sound echoes off of the walls and may wake up guests who are still sleeping. We found that although many of our guests may enjoy a leisure swim, there are others that might use that early morning time to bypass the pool area and use our basketball Sports Court which would definitely wake up anyone who is sleeping. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that may have caused you and your family when you are here. I hope that didn't deter you from making a return visit to enjoy our hotel again! If there is anything additional I can do, please feel free to reach out and let me know! Thank you for being my guest! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

My family visited the Staybridge over Labor Day weekend and celebrated our family reunion. Check in was quick and the front desk staff were kind and informative. Plenty of bell carts were available for us to load up our bags and easily transfer to our rooms. We booked a one bedroom suite with a king bed. Our room included a full size refrigerator, electric stove top, microwave and a full size coffee pot. The living area and bedroom are separate and both have flat screen televisions. The furnishings were nice and fresh and so were the towels and linens. Additional pillows and linens were stocked in the closet. Calling down to the front desk was not necessary because they thought of everything prior to our arrival.
The Wi-Fi internet service was superb. I worked on the computer during the day and evening with no interruptions in service. I can see why the business traveler would love this place. The business center provides two computers and a printer.
When we were not partaking in family reunion activities we enjoyed playing in the pool and on the basketball sports court. This is a great place to exhaust the kids. The others enjoyed the theater with a large screen television to watch the football games.
Breakfast was amazing. The oatmeal bar included brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and nuts. The variety of food ranged from light fruits and yogurt to biscuits, waffles and breakfast sausage patties. The coffee was hot and fresh.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wanderinghorse
Hello wanderinghorse, I have to say that it was quite refreshing to read your review. Thank you for your attention to detail and sharing what you liked best about your recent stay. Our hotel team works very hard to anticipate the needs for all of our guests and we have been known to have quite an amazing breakfast spread. I am glad that you and your family had an opportunity to stay with our hotel and I hope that you will continue to stay with us on all of your travels. I truly appreciate your business and I want to thank you for all of the kind words you shared. I will make sure to share your comments with my team! If I can be of any additional assistance in taking your next hotel experience from good to great, please let me know! I am at your service! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Farmerville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Friendly, helpful staff; clean, luxurious rooms, wonderful breakfast buffett!
Every square foot of Staybridge Suites' decor is so beautiful--furniture in lobby & rooms are soothing blue and/or french vanilla colors; kitchen & bath have granite counters/vanity.
Kitchen is so efficient with appliances, cookware & dishes provided. Comforts of home!

Room Tip: first floor is quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi D O - Thank you for your recent stay and kind review. I also want to thank you for signing up and being an IHG Rewards Member, we appreciate your business! Sometimes when travelling, we miss some of the details that make hotels great. I am glad that you were pleased with your room and had an opportunity to relax. I really appreciate your business and I hope that you will come see us on your next visit. Our hotel was built very solid, so although being 4 floors, you typically don't hear noise from room to room - and even better, you don't usually hear noise from the room above you. Thanks again for coming to stay - hope to see you next time! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales
Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We arrive late in the evening as the result of a stressful day of moving. We were tired and hungry and travelled with our dog. The night manager was cheerful and prepared which made the check-in a real breeze. The room was immaculate. So glad we stopped here.

Room Tip: Ask For what you need.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hi PatBlanchard - thank you for being our guest and for signing up for our Priority Club Rewards program - now IHG Rewards! I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you were able to bring your pet along for your visit. I hope that your move went well and that you will come back again in the future! I appreciate your business and thanks for being my guest! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales