Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
US$103
Home2.com
US$102
BestWestern.com
All reviewsdvd playerbasketball courtice makersocial hourfull size refrigeratorlaundry roombusiness centerhot tubliving areaa great place to staythree nightswonderful hotelthe staff was friendly and helpfulfresh fruitupon checkking suitebreakfast bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Preface: Review given a 1 because I felt the poor management of the hotel should be weighted heavily. I will capitalize the manager of Staybridge Suites in Lafayette, LA name, DELAYNA, throughout the review to sully her as much as possible. I'm copying and pasting this very review to every hotel review site possible.

My name is Rob Davis and my fiancee, a travelling nurse, and I stayed in STE 103 from Sep '13 - Dec 27, 2013. The hotel staff, save for the manager, DELAYNA, and 1 other employee, were warm and friendly and made me feel as if I were staying in a 4 star hotel. Our stay ended abruptly when we got a call from the manager, DELAYNA, indicating we still owed money from our reservation that had just ended (The next week we were going to start another 3 month reservation).

DELAYNA indicated, correctly, that we were not charged the same amount we were the first 3 weeks of our stay - a difference of about $25 per week for about 9 weeks. DELAYNA acted professionally during this time, addressing my fiancee as ma'am, etc. DELAYNA demanded that we pay the amount; she told my fiancee that SHE should have spoken up about not being charged enough. Her employees, approximately 9 weeks straight, asked for the improper amount to be paid - DELAYNA absolved herself and her employees of this responsibility.

My fiancee made a poor decision and decided to pay the difference owed. I WOULD HAVE NEVER DONE THIS and didn't protest because I approached the counter after they had been talking a while and didn't know the full story, otherwise I would have strongly objected. We were no longer in a financial position to pony up more money for the remainder of the week as we had paid for the full week already, at the previous amount asked of us, plus paid the amount "owed". Note: we had always paid on time and had not caused any disturbances during our stay.

DELAYNA gave us 1-1/2 hours to move 3 months of clothing, our 2 dogs, etc., to a new hotel claiming that she needed to show that room as available. This was right after Xmas and their were a TON of rooms available. Later, after spending some time moving, it was reaffirmed that the time frame we were given was not feasible or reasonable to move our pets and 3 months worth of stuff. My fiancee, politely, addressed DELAYNA in private this matter; I came upon the scene shortly thereafter and witnessed my fiancee in tears. This is the first time any voices had been raised; I told her (voice raised) that I would have NEVER paid the difference my fiancee did and how poor the customer service was. DELAYNA remained incorrigible and said there was nothing she could do, and said if we weren't out by the time given - she gave us an additional 30 minutes - she would call the cops (maybe they would've helped us pack?)

Perhaps DELAYNA strikes you as arrogant. That's a good start, but curiously she seems elitist also. I have stayed in well over 100 hotels/motels in my day: 1 star- 5 star. My fiancee has as well. I haven't had a worse experience with the management of a hotel and neither has she.

Footnote: I do NOT take the attitude of the customer is always right - that is bull excrement. However, in this instance we were very professional and civil and got the treatment of a parolee who wasn't well-behaved by the manager of Staybridge Suites in Lafayette - DELAYNA. If I were her employer I would fire her for this one offense without a warning as it was a clear indicator of her sociopathic-like character. There is no room for DELAYNAS in the service industry, never mind a nice hotel. I am shocked in an era of industries pushing customer service so strongly that Staybridge Suites doesn't hold their managers to a higher standard.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Rob_Davis_41
Staybridge_Lafayette, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Hello Rob_Davis_41, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that you felt that your stay at our hotel was less than exceptional. I know that our fellow team members and especially all levels of our management team do our best to provide the highest level of customer service possible to provide a favorable stay every time. Our team members live the IHG "Winning Ways" and we try to reflect that in all that we do. I am sorry that we have failed to meet your expectation on your recent stay and I am going to forward your comments to our leadership team to review. I am proud to work at our hotel and I regret that I was out of the hotel for a few weeks and not able to respond to your reviews sooner. I am pleased that you found the employees to be warm and friendly. I am also thankful that you stayed with us for almost 9 weeks, I really appreciate that you felt the hotel was comfortable and enjoyed our amenities and services. I am sorry that you felt inconvenienced at the end of your reservation with regards to the billing. I hope that the next time you and your wife return to Lafayette that you will consider staying with us again! I appreciate your business and the opportunity to serve you. Thank you for allowing us a chance to make things right and to continue to provide warm and friendly service to all of our guests! Hope to see you again! -Charles Oliver, Director of Sales

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is like a one bedroom apt. complete with furnishings/cookware. No tub, but a walk-in shower which is excellent in all aspects. The breakfast was good with fresh fruits, omelets, sausage, etc. Quiet, set back off the road and plenty of parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge_Lafayette, Front Desk Agent at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear tr1pperdog, We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will certainly share your feedback with our team. We must agree with you that our breakfast is fantastic!!! Our studio suites which a little smaller than what you stayed does have the tub/shower combo; however I agree that the walk in shower is great!!! On your next visit to Lafayette, we hope you choose us to stay with. Tiffany Celestine-Front Desk Agent

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We prefer the Staybridge Suites whenever we are able to use them. We travel often with our dog and they are accomodating to that important need of ours. The staff is most courteous and helpful. This Lafayette location is very centrally located to the airport, shopping and restaurants. the rooms are nice, the patio area is relaxing and the light dinners are a nice option when we don't care to go out. Breakfast always includes lots of choices. I have been here on and off for two months and it has been a very good experience.

Room Tip: I have been on the ground floor facing the pool/courtyard. It is very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge_Lafayette, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear John M, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about our staff being "courteous and helpful." Customer Service is always a focus for our staff and I am happy to share your comments with them. We hope to see you back the next time you are in Lafayette, La.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We were traveling to FL along I10 and wanted to try a different IHG brand. The hotel is spacious and had a large roll in shower. They offered to upgrade us, but is the case with so many IHG hotels, they have no handicapped upgrades. Otherwise, the staff was friendly and helpful, the room large. A special thanks to Andrea in the breakfast room. She went the extra mile for good service. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Staybridge_Lafayette, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Scrappy Texan, we are honored to have you as a former guest at Staybridge Suites Lafayette. Thank you for always choosing IHG for your travel needs! Your comments about handicapped upgrades have been sent to our Regional for review, thank you for sharing. We are always looking for ways to improve our brand to meet the needs of our travelers. I have also share your positive comments about Andrea, our Breakfast Attendant, and her efforts will be recognized by Management. We hope to see you back on your next travel through Lafayette.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have always stayed at all IHG property's except a Staybridge Suites, well I will be staying at them more often from now on. They serve a good breakfast in the morning time and have good food in the evening after you get off from work or whatever your business might be. I will recommend this motel to others. The maids do a good job on your room and the front desk staff is real nice on check in. I like the complimentary laundry it is free at all the other hotels they charges for this service. You are close to places you can go shopping within walking distance if you want to go for a little walk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Staybridge_Lafayette, Guest Service Ambassador at Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review about the hotel Freddie G. We do appreciate that you enjoy the accomodations. We do strive to provide the perfect 10 stay for our hotel guest and are always pleased to hear when we hit the mark perfectly. It is always a pleasure having you stay at the hotel. We hope that you stay again soon. Guest Service Agent-Jeffrey Babineaux