We blindly booked this property through priceline 3-star for one night on the way back home from Mississippi. It is fairly far off I-10, but worth the extra 10 minutes. It is an all-suite extended stay property, but is available for one night stays such as ours. There were many families and the hotel had a family feel. The hotel offers many collective amenities to cushion being away from home such as a poolside gazebo with gas grill and ceiling fans, a sports court, a "home theater" in the commons area, and a limited selection of movies to borrow from the front desk at no cost. We had a King Suite with a pull out sofa, and a kitchenette stocked with real dishes, glassware, silverware, microwave, dishwasher and full-size refrigerator. Two large LCD TVs, and a DVD player in room with local cable + HBO.
The room door sticks a bit, but it's a brand new property (opened Dec, 2008) so the building is still settling a bit. Shower only - no tub (maybe in a queen suite??). Light housekeeping is done for multi-night stays, with a deep clean once weekly due to extended stay nature of property.
Breakfast buffet was average, though lower in quality than Embassy Suites. Cereal, eggs, waffles, etc.
Overall, the experience at this property was highly refreshing to a weary family and turned our vacation around after an nightmare beachfront property in Mississippi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport is a state-of-the-art extended-stay all-suite property conveniently located in the heart of the business and shopping districts of Lafayette. Just off Interstate 90, we are also accessible to I-49, near the Lafayette Regional Airport, River Oaks, Acadiana Mall, Lafayette General Medical Center, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, St. John's Cathedral, and University of Louisiana (UL). We are a in walking distance to several restaurants and stores. Just minutes from the movie theater, downtown, Parc Lafayette, and River Ranch. Easy access to local corporate offices and area attractions such as Festival International and Mardi Gras! Whether you are coming to Lafayette, Broussard, Scott, New Iberia or surrounding areas for short or long-term stays, Staybridge Suites Lafayete-Airport has you covered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Lafayette Hotel Lafayette
- Lafayette Staybridge Suites