“Great property with homey feel”

Staybridge Suites Lafayette-Airport
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We blindly booked this property through priceline 3-star for one night on the way back home from Mississippi. It is fairly far off I-10, but worth the extra 10 minutes. It is an all-suite extended stay property, but is available for one night stays such as ours. There were many families and the hotel had a family feel. The hotel offers many collective amenities to cushion being away from home such as a poolside gazebo with gas grill and ceiling fans, a sports court, a "home theater" in the commons area, and a limited selection of movies to borrow from the front desk at no cost. We had a King Suite with a pull out sofa, and a kitchenette stocked with real dishes, glassware, silverware, microwave, dishwasher and full-size refrigerator. Two large LCD TVs, and a DVD player in room with local cable + HBO.

Cons:
The room door sticks a bit, but it's a brand new property (opened Dec, 2008) so the building is still settling a bit. Shower only - no tub (maybe in a queen suite??). Light housekeeping is done for multi-night stays, with a deep clean once weekly due to extended stay nature of property.
Breakfast buffet was average, though lower in quality than Embassy Suites. Cereal, eggs, waffles, etc.

Overall, the experience at this property was highly refreshing to a weary family and turned our vacation around after an nightmare beachfront property in Mississippi.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2009

I stayed at this property before and I must say I was not at all pleased with this stay. When i arrived at the hotel a front desk clerk named Miranda checked me and my husband and some of our friends in. This young lady was very rude and she was not friendly at all. I asked her some questions and she was really blunt with me as if she was trying to rush us out the way. Miranda made no conversation at all with us, not once did she smile, she didnt greet us, nor did she say thank you or anything that really made me feel like leaving but my husband insisted we stay, so on the other hand getting up in the rooms I was really impressed because of how they were really clean and smelled fresh. I was tired after having a long trip but I had paperwork I needed to receive off the internet, can you believe I waited over a hour and a half to use the computer because some kids were playing on Myspace, and i'm saying to myself as nice as this hotel is they dont have a policy about a buisness center being used for buisness purpose. I went to Ms Miranda and asked her and of course they didnt and I'm like wow! wont my night get any better. This will be the last place I will stay if I'm ever in need of a hotel and I will not refer anyone to stay here because of the poor customer service we received...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank kellbaby
Reviewed 16 June 2009

On our way back home, from our vacation in FL, our car decided to break down in Lafayette, LA. With no familiarity to the area, we decided to search online for a suite and Staybridge popped up. It was so nice. We were able to take a 1 day vacation from our vacation. Breakfast buffet was awesome. They offered complimentary washer/dryer. They also had a home theater with the ability of checking out dvd's, which is great for a family with young children. We had a 1 bedroom suite and it had all the amenities you needed to actually relax without feeling like sardines. The room was clean and up to date. The staff were very receptive and welcoming. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2009

Staybridge Suites is an awesome hotel. It is very clean and comfortable. My husband and I stayed there with my 2 small kids and we had a nice stay. The brunch style breakfast was an added bonus as well as the option for a suite, which is a must when traveling with children. The only draw back is that we were awaken by construction crews outside of our window at 8:00AM the next morning, which was very frustrating. Nice hotel with great atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Outstanding place! Helpful and friendly staff, great service with a smile, clean pool and hot tub, spacious, clean rooms, great breakfast bar, even have a movie theater on-site. Lots of "home" touches. Just great!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2009

I had a father on day with My 10 year old son. I made reservations for us at the Stay Bridge Suites, thinking it was going to be another hotel experience. Let me tell you, from the moment that we checked into the hotel until the time we left, the associates on the property was very helpful and polite. Its not just the building that will make this hotel a premier hotel in our area, but the great service that this hotel provides as well. I can't wait until we have another family outing, the rest of the family is anticipating going to this great hotel. Keep up the great job team, you are headed in all the right directions.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2009

First off, the hotel is brand new so everything is in fantastic condition. My fiance and I traveled to Lafayette for Festival International. I chose this hotel based off of the pictures and I have to say that this hotel is absolutely wonderful. The room was very nice and spacious (not a true suite like most hotels) with a full kitchen. Most suites I have stayed in basically had two rooms but this didn't. It was definitely big enough though. They had 37" LCD's in the room with a DVD player. The appliances were very nice (black and stainless) and the fridge was almost full size. There were no cheesy bed covers and the bed was super comfortable.

The breakfast was great. They have a full buffet and their fruits was very fresh. They have a pool, hot tub, basketball court, and two huge gas grills on the back patio for guest use. They even told me that they do Wednesday Bar-B-Que for their guest (complimentary of course). They even had a movie room outfitted with a 52" (I think) LCD with an X-Box 360 and you can get movies for free from the hotel. The chairs were very nice leather recliners. I can go on and on about this hotel. The best part is that we paid $122 on Saturday night with a festival in town. James at the front desk was very helpful with directions. The business center also had two PC's instead of one. I highly recommend this hotel. I wish we would have stayed her for more than a night.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple