“Clean, Comfortable, Spacious, value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Barataria, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
“Clean, Comfortable, Spacious, value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

My first trip to Lafayette/ USA in over 4 years and it was fabulous. I stayed at Holiday Inn Express, and I was impressed with the size, condition and rate I paid for the room. The Hotel is very clean, and close to malls and other shopping areas in Lafayette. My room had 2 queen beds, a large toilet & bath, flat screen television with movie channels and regular programming. Breakfast buffet incl in rate - continental breakfast with some warm items - incl make your own waffles/ pancakes.
Hotel Staff - friendly, courteous and helpful.

I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Lafayette south.

Room Tip: Hotel is in close proximity to an intersection, no spectacular views, all rooms are quiet. Restaur...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Great hotel for the price. Check in staff was great. I called for directions and she said " we will see you when you get here, be safe!" Good area for restaurants and Starbucks nearby. The hotel was fairly new! The lady that was preparing breakfast was wonderful.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel just a few days ago. Although the property will be three years old in February, it looks as if it were a brand new property, both inside and out. The exterior is clean and well-maintained. The roof of the building is a copper color, making it very attractive. The lobby area is beautiful and very clean. They even had a few Halloween decorations and a big bowl of assorted candies for the guests. We were greeted as Platinum Priority Club guests upon arrival, and given the little "ditty bags" with a snack and water. Our room was very spacious (a king suite), well-appointed, and very nicely decorated. It was extremely clean, and that doesn't come lightly from me, as I am a germaphobe and a clean freak when it comes to hotels! The bed was comfortable and clean. Even tho' we were in the front of the property, and right next to the main entrance, we didn't hear any noise or traffic. The only complaint about the room would be that a sliver of light was coming in under the drapes in the morning - but we slept late, so I would NEVER count this against them. The breakfast area was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. The offerings were the usual breakfast assortment for other Holiday Inn Express hotels where we have stayed. About 15 minutes before check-out time, we called to ask for an hour later check-out, and this was no problem at all. We have stayed in higher-priced hotels that were supposedly more "upscale", but our room was much nicer than some of these so-called upscale hotels. We would definitely stay here again. We used points to stay at this hotel, but the price that I saw online was fine, and would have paid that amount if we didn't have points to use.

Room Tip: The king suites have a nice sofa, coffee table, and pub table that came in handy for the same price...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joygulf1
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

I love it when first impressions are great and so is everything else. That describes this hotel. We've had one or two stays at this chain that were good but not up to the HIE standard or price. This one's worth the premium price. We don't mind paying the little more if we get what we're being promised by the brand. This one delivers! The room is spacious, great layout, and very clean. The bed was the usual premium quality with premium pillows and coverings. Super comfortable! The guy at the desk was clean cut and professional. Free internet was reasonable speed in the range of 3-10 MB/S and mostly closer to 10. Our experience is this is as good or better than most.

Won't have time to do breakfast in the morning but based on everything else we see here I think it would be fine!

Well done Holiday Inn Express. I wish all your hotels could be this good!

Room Tip: We saved a few bucks by booking online through Trip Adviser and paid in advance for the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

This hotel was everything we were looking for but we were not expecting the fantastic welcome and service we received. Reagan (mentioned in another review) gave us the warmest welcome we have ever received at any hotel ever and couldn't do enough to help us. Our king size room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and everything was kept well stocked and tidy. We enjoyed our stay so much (thanks to Reagan) - that we returned to stay there a week later for 2 more nights. Who was there to greet us again - Reagan. He remembered us right away and also a conversation we had about wine. I hope that management recognizes the rare gem that they have here and create career opportunities for this young man.

Room Tip: The rooms on the swimming pool side are quieter than the ones facing the road.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

I have never written about the desk clerk at any hotel....but this is special. After spending a long day driving, I was glad to reach my hotel. I was greated by Reagan at the front desk. He was actually happy to see me and was very kind and helpful. His care was real and he was not spending time on the phone, texting...etc like I have seen at other hotels. He checked me in quickly. He the pointed out warm fresh-baked cookies to take with me. They were still warm.... When I thanked him and started to leave, he said, "You want regular or skim milk and I will go get you some from the kitchen..."
Wow...what a nice thing to offer...
The bottled water was fine...but I felt really welcome.
Listen Holiday Inn...this young man could teach classes on how to greet and help customers.
The hotel was great...clean..quiet...safe....quiet...
But next time I come back, it will be because of the man with the cookies and milk.

Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Stop_At_Red_Lights
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

The customer service was great and the room and bathroom were very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012