“Business Stay”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I was in town for a 2-day business meeting and was very pleased with my stay at this location. The proximity to the airport is unbeatable! Although I had a late arrival and very early checkout, they was always a staff member to greet me or say farewell. The breakfast was better than usual for this type of accommodation and the woman in charge was FABULOUS. She even tracked me down to deliver my yogurt to me (I had left it on the counter when carrying too many items!) The room was spacious and flexible. I used the 2 sections of the desk to form an "L" as I had to do a significant amount of work from the hotel room in the morning and evenings. The bed was very comfortable and I love the selection of pillows. I will be returning to the area and will definitely make this my 'homebase'!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor at the end of the hall - very quiet room, for being on the street-side of a a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

We are pleased that your stay at our hotel was so pleasant. We pride ourselves in wonderful customer service and am glad that we exceeded this on your stay. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Very well kept up with very large comfortable rooms. Lots of places for the kids to play, pool and hot tub game room, playgrounds and fine dining room. The rooms we had had 2 queen beds and were very comforting after a full day of touring and shopping and visiting local attractions. We really enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: I asked for an inside room it's more secure and better for small children to be save. The rooms...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that our hotel fulfilled your needs and you had such a pleasant experience with us. We strive to maintain our hotel standards at the highest level and are happy that we made your stay so comfortable. Please come back and stay with us again when you come back to town!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I checked in at the front desk with Lana. She greeted me with a smile and was very helpful in letting me know how to get to my room. She offered me fresh baked cookies upon arrival and told me about several wonderful local restaurants in the area. The property around the hotel was very well kept and the inside was even more beautiful. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED the couches in the lobby!! The breakfast was surprisingly bountiful and checkout was a breeze. I will most definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: The regular rooms are really nice but of course the suites are definitely worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in our location and customer service. Once again thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

This Hotel is ABSOLUTELY the Biggest Slice Of Heaven in the Lafayette area. I was so impressed with everything they had to offer. It was sooo clean and smelled like heavenly cookies, (YES! THE COOKIES TASTE JUST AS HEAVENLY AS THEY SMELL GREAT!!), also convenient location to great shopping spots, restaurants in the same blocks from the hotel had amazing food recommended by the hotel. The Beds are sooo Wonderful, I slept like a baby. As for the STAFF including Housekeeping, Breakfast and Front Desk are ALL ANGELS!!! They are the Kindest, Most Considerate, Loving Bunch of Angels I Have EVER Encountered. BIG, BIG KUDOS TO THE GM FOR KEEPING SUCH AN AWESOME STAFF AND HOTEL!!!

Room Tip: If you do get a chance to visit this heavenly hot spot check out rooms 209 and 211.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephanie N
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

We want to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Our staff is pleased to see you had a more than pleasant experience with us. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Lafayette.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Checked in with Jordan, greeted with a warm and welcoming smile. Very beautiful decor, very clean property.Friendly and professional staff. Ms. Yvonne prepared the best instant grits I ever had, didn't know instant grits could taste that good, she has the best kept secret. Regan, shared some great eating spots. On Sunday we selected the Blue Dog for brunch, boy was that food tasteful! Kudos, to the property grooming artists

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank algiers504
LAURIE C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lafayette-South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are pleased your stay with us was such a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. The pool and pool area is small and could use more patio furniture. Reagan at the front desk and the lady (didn't get her name) in the breakfast area were both very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you again for letting us know our staff was so helpful and friendly to you during your stay. We strive to make each guests' hotel experience live up to your expectations! Please let us know if we can assist you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

We had two rooms, side-by-side, rented for a small weekend trip on 6/23.
For our stay, we were two adults and two small children who needed a good night of rest before performing the next day.

The hotel itself is considerably new-looking inside. Very clean (the carpeting on the 3rd floor hallway was perhaps too clean with a very strong fragrance), updated amenities, spacious, and the staff was very friendly.

The rooms were decent. Decent beds, clean rooms, the AC was keeping the room nice and cold. Nothing to complain about there as well. The breakfast was mediocre at best. But, that's to be expected.

The problem came with a huge crew of little league baseball players who created pure chaos ALL NIGHT LONG. And by ALL NIGHT LONG, I mean until the wee hours of the morning.
Running up and down the halls, banging on doors, sitting outside our doors and leaning on them so we couldn't open without pushing them out the way. These boys were all unattended as their parents drank poolside creating equally as much noise.
We called the front desk the first time, they let us know that they were aware of the situation because other guests had called to complain and she had come up to correct the boys.
After 2 hours without the noise ceasing to end, we called again, and were told that "someone had already been up there to fuss them 3 times". By 1:30 am we still hadn't gotten to sleep (including the children who kept waking when hearing all of their commotion). Upon checkout, we spoke to a very nice staffer who said she had "heard all about the crazy night" and apologized.
While no staff member was rude about it, I do feel as we were all paying guest, that more steps should have been taken to assure the nuisance was taken care of. I know no business owner wants to "throw out" someone in their business, but perhaps a little threat to the parents would have stopped this from happening until the wee hours of the morning.

However, despite waking up very,very tired at 7 am after had being up all night, I would stay at the hotel again. The actual facility is a great stay. I just feel that perhaps some staff training on how to deal with particularly loud guests would help.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

We appreciate you taking the time to reply about your stay at our facility. We strive to maintain a hotel that is clean and comfortable. We value your comments and will continue to keep our staff members trained on guests' needs and look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Lafayette!