“Acceptable for the price”
Review of Super 7 Inn

Super 7 Inn
Ranked #47 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 3 October 2009

We stayed there for one night on our way to another destination. The price was right as was the location, so we shacked up there for the night. The room was clean, but basic. The location was acceptable, since there were some resturants around, as well as a grocery store. The AC unit didn't work as well as it should have, but we were too tired to care. All rooms open to the outside, and some are smoking friendly for those who use tobacco. The free breakfast was pretty weak, and we ended up visiting the Waffle House across the street.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 August 2009

The owner of this place is a cheat! He tells people at the front desk to first offer good rates for rooms. Upon check-in he will get you to sign a form agreeing to pay a certain amount for the room rent via a credit card. The form is filled using a pencil! When you check out they want to charge a higher room rate. When you dispute, the owner (an abnoxious Patel!) comes out, takes a look at the form you signed, gets an eraser out and infront of you erases what was written and rewrites on the form!! How outrageous....he thinks people will not go to the trouble of disputing the charges. People like him need to be stopped from cheating customers!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank goyal350
Jasmine D, General Manager at Super 7 Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Under new managment as of Oct.2012

Reviewed 14 May 2009

This was my First time staying at this Motel. It was a great experience Even though the Price was Cheap the Room was good i was in town for the Craw fish Festival in Beaux Bridge,La I had a good time I would return to this motel again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank evoman574
Reviewed 17 February 2009

I've never received such kurt, rude, and bland service from staff at a hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, I waitied patiently at the desk for 3 of the staff to mill around behind the desk without being asked I needed help. I finally asked if I could check in, and the response I got was "Just a minute." So I continued to wait about 5 more minutes without getting any sort of explanation as to why I was waiting so long. The next morning, I slept in past the breakfast and went to the vending machine to get a snack. My snack got stuck in the machine, so I went to the front desk to ask for change. The blonde-haired, Caucasian woman I spoke with was very kurt and rude, stating she had no change and had no idea how I might get change. When I asked if there was any chance they had a piece of fruit leftover from breakfast, recognizing that I had missed breakfast, she rudely said "No, breakfast ended at 9:00." I'm a small-built person, with a soft voice, and I was very polite and calm during all of this, and did not expect such rudeness.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank hunnybunny59

Under new management as of Oct.2012

Reviewed 13 August 2008

I was very skeptical coming to this place. Boy was I wrong. Nice place. Doesnt look like much from the outside, but the rooms were great. The bed was decent. The lady at the front desk was super nice. She was very helpful when I asked for directions and restaurants in the area. I was pretty happy that they accommodated me to a room where I could overlook my vehicle. A great experience and I will be staying here again when in town.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 15 June 2008

We stayed at the hotel even after reading the bad reviews because of the rates; well, you get what you pay for. The first room smelled of cigg smoke when we were to have a non smoke room plus the toilet did not flush and the a/c did not work. After some haggling we got a non smoke room with an a/c that worked well and a toilet that did flush but the tub/shower and sink had problems with draining and the towels and rags were dirty (make-up stains, hair, and a dead spider). The room carpet was very dirty and the baseboards were filthy, the room really needed a good scrubbing.
The Good points were the rates, pet friendly, parking, and location.
Will not stay again. Did find some Hotels very nearby that are pet friendly and although not as cheap they are a much better value and CLEAN!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 19 August 2007

This was quiet an experience. One I do not wish to repeat. Booked the Jacuzzi Suite on-line. Got there early, Thank goodness. The Jacuzzi did not work, but then found out "none" of the jacuzzi's work. The lights kept dimming off and on. My husband is an electrician, informed the manager that the unit could catch on fire at any time. The Manager checked the breaker box, there was an "arc" forming at the breaker box. The Manager then offered us another "much better" room; however the jacuzzi didn't work there either and then I had to wonder..what else didn't work. I said I was going to call and find us another place to stay. The Manager kept turning the lights off on us and trying to "push" us to the other room..Anyway,the Good Lord was with us and I found this absolutely fabulous room at America's Best Inns & Suites.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Erin- S