“Dirty room”

Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I don't understand why this Wingate is considered the fourth best hotel in Lafayette by Trip Advisor, when it is mediocre at best. The bathroom was dirty- looked liked hadn't been cleaned in a while. Room was average.

• Stayed: April 2012
Charles O, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Hello, Practical Matters
I want to first thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay while visiting Lafayette. Upon reading your review, I was saddened to see that you did not have a completely satisfied visit while staying with us. I have shared your review with the entire staff, most specifically about the overall appearance of the bathroom.Please know that I, as well as my staff, are very concerned and want to make it right not only for you but for all guests that stay with us and have a plan in place to make sure that those issues get resolved right away.
I would like to speak with you about giving us another opportunity to make it right. We strive to provide 100% guest satisfaction and I am hoping that we can re-earn your trust to stay with us again. Would you please call me or email me at win.lft.gm@gmail.com when you get a chance ? I look forward to serving you again. -
Joddy Cormier, General Manager for Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I'm really glad we drove a little off the interstate to stay here. It was a nicer area and the hotel is relatively new. Very clean, comfortable beds and the rooms were quite large! The third floor was quiet and peaceful and I got a good night's rest. The internet speeds were really good. The sundry shop was well stocked with goodies, including beer and wine and the staff was friendly. I would definitely stay here again. But about that free breakfast...OMG it was so bad I felt insulted. Had it not been so bad, this would be a 5 star reviewed hotel. The coffee was weak, the eggs grainy, sausages were hard and flavorless and the gravy for the biscuits was inedible with teeny brown bits that may or may not have been meat. The biscuits were stale. There appeared to be bowls for fruit, but they were empty. We took one bite, threw it all away and went down the road to Starbucks. Wyndom you need to fix this breakfast ASAP! I can't imagine you really want that crap to be the last thing travelers remember upon leaving your hotel. And that Wolfgang Puck coffee in the rooms is pretty bad too.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Hello Meezer P and thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent stay. We really appreciate the feedback that you provided and that you were pleased with the room amenities, internet and sundry shop. I am very sorry for your experience that you encountered with the breakfast. We strive to always improve and help make all our guest experiences enjoyable in hopes for return visits. It looks like we didn't provide you with the best quality breakfast when you were here and I know that is definitely not how we want you to remember your stay. I spoke with the general manager who told me that Wingate is actually upgrading a lot of the breakfast offerings and it's fixtures to be more relevant with the needs of our guests and that some of the new fixtures have already come in. In addition to that, we are going to review the breakfast standards to make sure that this doesn't happen again. We all sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to win your back and take care of you when you are back to Lafayette! Thank you for taking the time to let us know and we are going to work hard to make it right. - Charles Oliver, DOS

Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while visiting Lafayette. The Wingate was spotless, the people at the front desk were very helpful, and the 5:00 happy hour was a very nice addition. We would definitely choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the airport or train tracks.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LibraryLady

Hello LibraryLady, thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment on TripAdvisor! Your comments were very kind and we are all pleased that you enjoyed the 5:00 pm manager's reception! I hope you also had an opportunity to try our breakfast that runs from 6 am until 10 am everyday too. We look forward to seeing you when you come back to Lafayette as we truly look forward to serving you! - Charles Oliver, DOS

Reviewed 9 March 2012

This is a well appointed hotel, I would highly recommend it when staying in Lafayette. Very clean, the managers social (cocktail 2 hr) is a nice touch, the rooms are clean and beds comfortable. The staff is willing to assistance at any time, they are pleasent and professional.
One thing that could be improved for the business traveler is that the room bill is not slide under the door, you need to go to the front desk to get your receipt.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor room the lower room are susepectable to tenent noises from above.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Hello MyQuality, - thank you for taking the opportunity to review us here. I first want to say thank you for being our guest, we truly value and appreciate that you stay here with us. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy our Manager's Social that provides 2 free adult beverages with a light appetizer-themed dinner. We found a lot of our guests really enjoy the Cajun-inspired meals - I am not sure if the Jambalaya is more popular or the Red Beans and Rice we serve. All the same, thank you for staying with us and giving us a chance to provide that. As far as the receipts under the door, I am very sorry that your receipt wasn't ready for you under the door. In fact, one of our standards is that we must do "Express Check-Out" and present your receipt (folio) in a small folder and slide it under your door. I am going to partner with our General Manager and find out why that hasn't been happening, granted coming to front desk gives us an opportunity to make sure your stay was enjoyable and book your next reservation, for a busy business traveler, there might not be enough time and you may need to just leave with receipt in hand. I assure you that going forward that your receipt will be under your door and I apologize that it wasn't. The staff and I value your stay and feedback and it is a gift to always improve. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience and I truly hope we will see you back again very, very soon. - Charles Oliver, DOS

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Everything was fantastic. The staff was curteous and helpful, the rooms were clean, and everything was great. I do not have a single complaint.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jenni W
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2012

Hello Jenni W, and thank you for selecting our hotel to stay for your Mardi Gras experience! I really hope that you come back again and see us soon! I am passing on your comments to the staff about being courteous and helpful as I know they try really hard to make every guest stay extraordinary. Please come back and stay with us again! -Charles Oliver, DOS

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here on my way to New Orleans for mardi gras and enjoyed flying in to the smaller Lafayette airport rather than deal with the chaos of a lager airport. The staff all were very accomidatiting to all of my groups needs. When we woke up late one morning the staff went out of their way to cook extra breakfast so we did not go hungry for the morning. The room was clean, quiet, and spacious. The internet signal was strong in my room and the hotel seemed to be very modern compared to others I have stayed in. I enjoyed the social coupons for free drinks in the lobby at dinner, which also alowed me to mingle with other guests of the hotel. The shuttle to the airport was a bonus that I enjoyed both from and back (my friend was picking me up from the hotel and driving to New Orleans)

• Stayed: February 2012
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Hello Kris2480, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your recent experiences at our hotel. Your feedback was kind and super appreciated! I am pleased that you stayed here while traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras and I really hope you come back! Thank you for recognizing our internet signal as we use Fiber Optic internet in our hotel that gave you the lightning fast internet speed. I am also happy you enjoyed our free shuttle and complimentary drinks we give out with our light dinner social in the evenings. I am passing on your wonderful feedback to our team and I hope that you will come back to Lafayette again and bring friends. It truly was a pleasure having you here! - Chuck Oliver, DOS

Reviewed 22 February 2012

The staff at this hotel is awesome. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Everyone is friendly and they provide breakfast dinner and even drinks. The rooms are very nice and the location is very convenient. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Charles O, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Hello Ryan C., first let me thank you for being a valued guest and for providing such sensational and fabulous feedback on your recent experiences at our hotel! I am very pleased that you took advantage of our evening manager's social and were able to enjoy a beverage! That is one of many ways we try to show our appreciation to our guests. Secondly, thank you for coming to Lafayette and experiencing all that Louisiana has to offer and I hope you weren't disappointed with our southern hospitality because it is best of the best down here! Lastly, please come back and see us again. We do value and appreciate you and hope to see you again real soon! - Chuck Oliver, DOS and Joddy Cormier, GM.