“Nice Property-But Not Great for Wheelchairs”

Wingate by Wyndham Lafayette Airport
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Bossier City
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The room was very clean and well kept. Breakfast was ample, fresh and tasty. I was in town for an athletic camp and I really appreciated the whirlpool. One complaint; the floor above me creaked and I was awakened by the guests above me as they walked around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Louisiana,USA
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My Husband and I decided to do a 2 night stay here on our vacation after seeing it's great reviews here on Tripadvisor. When we first arrived my husband and I were very pleased with our room. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't have any unpleasant odors, which to me is very important. Everything seemed clean, I even noticed fresh vacuum lines on the carpet. My husbands first comments about the hotel were "This place is awesome, I would stay here again." which is saying a lot for this place, because when it comes to hotels he is very hard to please.
At the end of the first night, while I was in the shower, I noticed that there was red mold growing on the ceiling. The shower head was also leaking from various places when the water was on. I was grossed out a bit by the mold, but I understand that any place exposed to that much moisture is prone to molding, however some bleach wouldn't have hurt anything up their either.
We were also told that they had a pool, they do not. They do have a hot tub. Not necessarily something I want to be in during the summer.
Our last night at the hotel, while searching for a pillow that went missing, we searched between the mattress and the headboard and noticed a hair tie that had apparently been there for months. It was covered in dust and hair from multiple people. So gross. I know they change and wash the sheets, I witnessed the washers going while we were there, but they could pay better attention to things like this. That could have been anything other than a hair tie back there, and they never would have known. It was sitting on the boxspring, so it's not like it would have been hard for them to pick up and throw away. I however am just happy it wasn't a hypodermic needle found by a small child.
The morning we were checking out, housekeeping came banging on our door, even with the "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging on the door. Then they promptly had the front desk call us and ask us to leave. This was before check out time, it's not like we were over staying!
Over all, our experience went from a good 9, down to about a 6. We love Lafayette, we probably would try to stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: The AC units work very well!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tabberz
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Everything was great. Quiet and relaxing. I read several reviews about it being noisy ( walls thin). Fortunately there were very few people there on the night we stayed. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The hotel is about 4 miles from I-10 but worth the drive. We would go back for sure.

Room Tip: We asked for top floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I were travelling from Panama City Beach, FL to San Antonio, TX and decided to spend a night in Lafayette. I read Tripadvisor reviews and reserved a room at this location. When we arrived we were warmly greeted by the front desk clerk/manager, Dion (?). What a warm, generous and helpful person to greet and welcome guests! Dion suggested a room location away from noise, gladly and quite enthusiastically suggested restaurants in the area, sharing lots of information about the cuisine and those frequented by locals. He went out of his way to assure that my wife and I were satisfied with our room and visit. He even gladly met a few of my personal requests. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. Check-out was easy and the check-out clerk was very friendly. She asked how everything was and if I had enjoyed my stay. Obviously, the staff aims to please! If I ever return to Lafayette, I will definitely return to this property. Dion, thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Calvin G
Lafayette
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice and cl ean. No problems with noise. Plenty of parking. Rooms were well decorated and spacious.:-)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family