“Happy with this one”

Ranked #23 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Texas
“Happy with this one”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

After a not-so-nice experience at another hotel, we were very happy when we walked into this one. I had called ahead and with the help of Choice hotels operator, and was able to get to this one. I told him I wanted a "newer" place, at least renovated, close to I-10, free breakfast with a pool. That's what we got. The clerk, Rochelle, was very nice. The breakfast staff lady was very cheery and pleasant. The rooms were nice and cool. Good nights sleep!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank KJTexas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
dallas
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My husband and I were on a road trip to New Orleans and decided to get a head start after work. We decided to drive for several hours and pick a hotel along the highway to stay the night. For anyone doing the same and if you'll be crossing the state line into LA, highly recommend stopping at the welcome center and get a hotel discount booklet. Hotels are listed by town and there are some good discounts to be had. We picked the hotel out of the booklet and called ahead for the reservation. Place wasn't much from the outside but the inside lobby was nice enough...downside is that there isn't an elevator. There are only two floors but if you have several pieces of luggage, it's a bit of a pain to have to make a couple of trips to lug them up the stairs. The room was nice and cool when we walked in and was pleasantly surprised by the nice decor and bed was comfy. Free wifi in the room was a nice amenity too. The hotel has a free breakfast but ends at 9:30a which seemed like an early cut-off. The breakfast choices were ok...waffle maker was broken and have definitely had better at other similar type hotels. Overall though, it was nice for the price and would definitely stay there again if traveling through Lafayette.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mediagirldallas
Everywhere
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect based upon the length of time that had past since the last review. Am glad I took the chance~
Hotel was very clean & fresh. Eveything appeared to be recently renovated, staff was helpful and friendly. I look forward to staying here again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank trektravel
Fairhope, Alabama
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This hotel is a new hotel recently opened and has a staff that makes you feel like part of the family. The rooms are large with very comforatble beds, a wonderful work space and a flat screen T V. "Everything Works"!

The hotel has a snack room and a fantastic business office with the latest equipment that works. I saw the work out room, pool and even a gathering place with a gas grill for the guests to use.

Make sure you try the flavor of the day waffles, I really liked the strawberry!

I have been 29 years and do not get "spoiled" like I did here at home!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RedCat1217
Fort Worth
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I always try and stay at comfort Inn for quality and good price. I was disappointed in this Comfort Inn. I felt it was expensive for the poor quality of the hotel, the room and the breaskfast provided in the morning. The cost us over $90 for the night and for that price I would expect a litte bit better then bathtubs that do not drain and powdered eggs in the morning. When I called the desk about the drain I was told they would either fix it or move us...they did neither. When I checked out the next morning I told the desk again about the bathroom issue and was told that was too bad and asked for their $100. Would not stay again and would not recommend.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This location was easy to find off the freeway. The front desk was helpful in recommending dining options and the local tourist information center.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank challengefish
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed here for one night in summer 2009 on our way crossing the US. We did drive quite far that day and planned to stay in Lafayette. We decided to stay close to the Highways and drove around comparing the options. About price, location and look this place was the best choice (the Super 8 next door did look suspicious).

It's close to the Interstate entrance, but still quiet enough to assure you a good night's sleep.
Check-in was normal, but pretty fast and the place is pretty much well taken care of. It could have cost a little less, but it was a weekend, so it's alright.
The rooms were pretty nice, came with fridge and microwave. There also was a couch and table a little seperated from the bed. Everything was clean and the Motel felt safe all the time.
Of course the location could be better, but we didn't wanna stay to much downtown, because we planned to take the Hwy next day anyway. If you look for some shopping, there's a huge mall only about 10-15 minutes away, not hard to find.

All in all it was a good night and would be an option to stay again next time.

Wanna know more about my trip? Click on my profile or visit:
route66traveler.jimdo.com