“Very nice staff”

Ranked #22 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very nice staff”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Tim, the desk clerk, was very nice and helpful. Hotel was clean and welcoming. Tucked away so a little hard to find at first. Access is by frontage road, so you have to go way past it to turn left if coming off I-10...

Room Tip: Hotel is far enough away from the interstate for noise not to be an issue.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NOLAmom99
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit in Lafayette. We sincerely appreciate your business. I'm sharing your feedback with my team and invite you to come back the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Warmest regards,
Dean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
LA
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We had stayed here previously and liked it enough to return. Nothing had changed. Very clean. Beds are comfortable. Convenient location for our visit. My only suggestion would be to leave break out until 9 or 9:30 on a Sat morning for those sleeping later. We had to go across the street to eat at 9:15 a.m.

Also, this location is pet friendly with a fee of $25. So nice to find a hotel for a our pet that is clean!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank memlane25
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thanks for the feedback and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. I really appreciate you taking the time to compliment our property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bandera, Texas
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Near the intersection of two interstate highways, this Comfort property was reasonably priced, very clean, up-to-date facilities and equipment (TVs, etc). Pretty good continental breakfast with a couple of hot items. Will definetly stop if staying in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ray S
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Hi ! Thank you for your business and for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. I'm happy to know that our hotel and service matched the positive reviews that you've read and that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Please come back again. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest in the future. Warmest regards, Dean
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The first room we were given had sheets that looked like they had been slept in. We asked for a move to another room and the front desk attendant did not apologize for the room or offer to check the next room. He just changed the key without a word. The second room - although it is supposed to be non-smoking, has burn holes in the bed cover and the couch. The room, and the building in general, are in disrepair. When I called the front desk because the toilet would not flush, the attendant asked if I wanted a plunger!!! I said no- either move me or fix it. When I asked for another room- although the parking lot is empty- he said he did not have another non-smoking room! When I asked for a refund, the front desk attendant very reluctantly came to the room with a plunger to "fix" the toilet. The saga continues...

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you for the feedback. Please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced while you were our guest. I appreciate your comment that our hotel is beautiful but I regret that our service did not meet your expectation. Rest assured that your comments have not been taken lightly and I have taken steps to insure that future guests do not have a similar experience. Dean

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 27 November 2012

If you want to get away from the I-10 corridor, this is the area. Close to some good restaurants, the university, and within walking distance of a great bakery! Next time, I'll skip the bland included breakfast and skip on down to the bakery or local diner on the corner.

Room Tip: It's back off the street so most rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Aggie1994
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Hello and thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you had a great visit because we enjoyed having you as our guest as well. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Louisiana. Warmest regards...Dean
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 November 2012

After visiting and viewing the meeting room at the Comfort Suites located at 2300 NE Evangeline Thruway in Lafayette, LA, I reserved the meeting room for a baby shower one month prior to the event which was held on 11/25/12. The reservation indicated the type of event planned. When I arrived to preview the room 24 hours before the event, I found five huge boxes containing commercial air conditioning units in the meeting room. The management of the hotel refused to remove the five boxes from the room. Instead they removed only one of the boxes, although moving the remaining four boxes would have required movement of the units approximately three feet to the adjoining room which was separated by a sliding wall partition. The management chose instead to stubbornly refuse my request. I was forced to host a social event with four huge (floor to ceiling) unsightly boxes shoved into the corner of the room. If anyone is considering renting the meeting room at this hotel, please demand a written service and performance contract at the point of reservation. Include specifications and requirements and make a pre-event visit at least 24 hours prior to your event. PLEASE NOTE: The facility was clean, attractive, and would have been perfect without the units I described above.

Room Tip: If anyone is considering renting the meeting room at this hotel, please demand a written service and...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dean P, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

It was fine. Room was clean, quite, kind of older, but that's okay. We wish breakfast started at 6 on the weekend, but that's pretty standard. So we didn't stay for breakfast. It was a fine place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple