“Not acceptable”

Ranked #44 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
La.
“Not acceptable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. The room itself was very small, but was clean. The hotel is in disrepair and extremely outdated on the outside. They have tried to update the rooms, but not the outside. So at first glance pulling up to the hotel I was very disappointed. The breakfast was not bad, but there was not a microwave to heat up hard biscuits and pastries. The area was also questionable, I didn't feel safe here. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ginnylou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Kenner, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is a little old, but not that old. Its clean and the staff was very friendly. Good breakfast. The entire hotel is non smoking. Good for the price. I felt safe. There is a bar/restaurant attached to the hotel but I don't think its open.

Room Tip: If your looking for quite don't get a room around the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trish L
Golden Meadow, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here many times in the past. We booked a room for a weekend and are disappointed. The hotel is not as nice as it used to be. Still a faint smoke smell in the halls. Cleaning lady left dirty towels in bath n didn't leave regular coffee in room. Buffet was out of coffee 1/2 hr before buffet ended. No one around in buffet to talk to. NOT going to stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank chapeauxrouge
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

This hotel has had an extensive facelift and they should be proud of their new look. It takes a lot to make over an older hotel that was originally (I'm guessing) a lower priced hotel/motel. It's not terrible, but it is one of the better Choice Hotels brands. The staf was wonderful and the room was very clean. If there was another hotel at the same price in this city, this one would be my choice each time. The rooms are very spacious, clean, and the beds were comfortable. For this price point I can't complain at all. I will say that if you are accustomed to staying at newer hotels you might be disappointed, but I and others have expressed that it is not new, but a very good value for the money and the area.

Room Tip: Stayed once on first floor and it was quiet enough. The doors are loud no matter what floor you'...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank shufordn
Pearl River, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Well I guess you get what you pay for. I have to stay in Choice Hotels per company requirements and for under $100 per night in Lafayette this is the second best of the choice hotels I've experienced there. Looks nice on the outside. The rooms ar of good size but clearly dated and although the counters and floors in the bathrooms looked like newer marble everything else plumming fixtures etc was old. The toilets are new too. The staff is friendly. On this trip I had a King Suite for $79 great price but furniture marred, no phone in my room and lighting is terribly dim.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Clarion M, Manager at Eve Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We do appreciate all your suggestions and will take this in consideration. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Just ok place for cheap price, not a place I would stay for more than one night, breakfast was poor at best. Bare feet were black after walking around the room with no shoes and socks. No trash can in room?

• Stayed January 2014
Clarion M, Manager at Eve Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I would like if you could give us a call at your convenience and let us know how we can improve our breakfast, we are always looking for feedback from our guest.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stopped at the Clarion when visiting my family for christmas. The staff was extremely nice and rooms were clean and spacious.
The complementary hot brekfast was very convinient and the staff was extremely helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Clarion M, Manager at Eve Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here. We pride ourselves on on great hot breakfast buffet and our staff service. I will share your comment with my staff and let them know that there hard work and dedication to the guest is appreciated.