“Holiday trip”

Studio 6 Lafayette- Broussard
Ranked #43 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Loved staying here again. It is so quiet, front desk workers are outstanding. Housekeeping needs improvement but nothing I could not deal with(halls need vaccumed)
also glad to see we still have some pet friendly places to go. We will definitely be including our dogs on our next trip to lafayette.

• Stayed: July 2014
There are newer reviews for Studio 6 Lafayette- Broussard

Reviewed 12 March 2014

we came and stayed here for the weekend just to get away. When we checked in, the front desk lady was so nice and told us things we could do around town. the rooms were clean and I was really happy with the rate and what all you got in the room. I would recommend staying here to anyone, the rooms are equipped with what you would need to stay here as your home. I will be staying here again when we come to town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

It's not the Ritz, but the rooms are clean and, for the most part, comfortable, though the beds are a bit hard . We love having the extra space for kitchen and dining area. We try to get down here each year for Cajun Mardi Gras and find this a comfortable refuge from all the joyous wackiness.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Joette greeted us on arrival, just as a major ice storm was about to hit. She is as sweet as everyone else said. She told us if the roads were closed we could stay an extra night for $45, we had paid $72 a night for the first two. When we did hear the roads were closed she was not to be found and the gentleman my husband worked with gave us a $5 discount. A plus was the kitchen area. We were able to buy a little food and eat in all three days. The other minus was the really pretty bad housekeeping. This is a workman's hotel, they're trying to save so more gets home for the family. Not to be faulted, my husband did that. However this was one of the few places I waffled on whether to keep my flip flops on or not. The corners throughout the studio showed the vacuum cannot have a corner cleaner. There were various areas with colorful bits on the carpet. Someone with clay on their boots must have used the bathroom and it looked like someone mopped it making it solid in the grout lines, now dry and moving with you as you walked. We do not like to mess with bedspreads so we always remove them. The blanket looked like army surplus with burn holes in it. We bring our own blankets also. We used our own utensils to cook with and washed everything that we did use from the suite. One door on our floor had valentine decorations on the door indicating someone is living there full time. As I write this we are in Houston in a property just remodeled with a king bed, brand new carpet and $45.72 with tax. If you see my review pattern I'd as soon ignore a property rather than put a terrible on it, my fault. The best I can muster is an average. I would check the room before signing the contract.

Room Tip: check it visually before paying
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice rooms. The rooms have kitchens so you don't have to constantly order out to eat. The staff is very friendly. Pet friendly is always great because i love to travel with my dog. Would definitely stay at Studio 6 again.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Jamie H
Joette k, Front Office Manager at Studio 6 Lafayette- Broussard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to having you back at our property in the future!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

This place was awesome. I got there late and only wanted somewhere to lay my head. I work offshore and we were docked in New Iberia. My wife and I went to a restaurant to watch LSU vs Alabama. All hotels were booked in the area. On my way to Motel 6 in Lafayette. Turned out to be Studio 6. Joetta, the night desk clerk, sold me on the idea of staying there and why. I bought in and glad I did. Price was right, room was nice and more than what I expected. Thanks to you Joetta. I'll be back!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cleveland t
Reviewed 5 December 2013

After a little consternation at check in over our reservation, the staff's "can do" attitude quickly diffused the situation. Our studio room was very clean and completely equiped. This is not a "run of the mill" Motel 6. This property is modern and has plenty of extra amenities - in room coffee, flat screen TVs, and fitness center. They are pet friendly but charge a small daily non-refundable pet fee.

Room Tip: No nearby restaurant within walking distance. Plan on call out or go out.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business