“Casual lunch”

The French Press
Ranked #10 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened the first week of 2010.
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very nice place for a casual business lunch with 4 people. Service was quite good, there were no questions unanswered and plenty of time for menu choices.
The fried oyster and two sauces we had as an appetizer were good.

The tomato bisque is fantastic, rich creamy and delicious. I had the shrimp and avocado salad to go with it and it was also quite enjoyable.

Portion size was more than ample for a lunch, but if you double up beware. A cup of soup is not really an accurate description, the portion is much larger than that. And a bowl is huge, neither of which are a bad thing.

Would highly recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The French Press

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We three ladies had a very tasty breakfast here - so good we came back two days later and ate again. On the first visit we shared the grits & grillades, the meatloaf sandwich, and the waffles and fried chicken. The chicken was a boneless chicken breast with a nice crisp skin that was drizzled with cane jelly. The waffles were sprinkled with shredded cheddar cheese and it was all served with Steen's cane syrup. The syrup has more of a molasses taste and was very complimentary to the chicken and the waffle. I have made grits & grillades a few times myself and my steak never turns out as tender as the one here. I was most surprised by the meatloaf, as I am usually not a big fan. But this one changed my mind. On the second trip, we ordered the breakfast sandwich, grits & grillades, and the crocque monsieur. I just wish we were in town longer to try some of the other items. Great little restaurant.

1  Thank travelingfifties
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We had been looking forward to this breakfast for months and were very disappointed. I'm normally one to only write good reviews but this deserved a mention. The service was the worst I've had while traveling this beautiful country. She really seemed like she would have much rather be somewhere else. The food was also pretty average for the price, we are quite happy to pay for quality food but you can definitely get better bang for your buck somewhere else!

1  Thank AliciaAndGem
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Clearly the "number one restaurant" in the "number 1 tastiest city" !!! My wife and I return to Louisiana, my home, at least twice yearly and always visit the Lafayette/Breaux Bridge area to enjoy the food. On this visit in June 2013 I reviewed the TripAdvisor site and we selected The French Press for a Sunday Brunch. We arrived shortly after they opened on Sunday morning and although there was a line we were seated within 15 minutes. While enjoying an excellent Mimosa and Bloody Mary, we selected the Grits and Grillades and the Sweet Baby Breesus for our main meal. Both meal selections were absolutely superb in all aspects. Will definitely return to The French Press on next visit to Lafayette.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had the tastings menu which was perfect regarding portion size. Absolutely amazing! I would recommend this restaurant to any "foodie"! Service was very good.