“great breakfast”

The French Press
Ranked #11 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened the first week of 2010.
Rome, Italy
“great breakfast”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent food in cajun style. Don't make the mistake to choose something similar to the plain american breakfast but follow the waiter advice (especially tim is very nice). t

Visited August 2014
1 Thank intero

Houston, Texas
“Cajun Benedict”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Not sure I need to say more... That dish is the epitome of what the Louisiana culinary scene is all about. We arrived at 9:15 on Sunday and were seated right away. The place has a wonderful atmosphere and the staff is welcoming. The only negative comment was that we had to wait 40 minutes to get our food once we placed our order. But when it arrived... YUM!

Visited August 2014
Lafayette, LA
“4 stars for atmosphere, above all.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I came here for brunch expecting a very eclectic, artsy vibe, and that's exactly what I got. This place is the epitome of cool. While the aesthetics definitely did not disappoint, the food somewhat did. However, I know that I am not the correct person to judge. Personally, I prefer a more traditional breakfast, diner style. The French Press gives a very unique and authentic take to breakfast, that I'm sure most people would very much appreciate. The service could be improved, but I will cut some slack, considering it was a very busy Sunday morning. Overall, I would definitely come back again, with guests, of course. If not for the food, then for the Instagram worthy pictures.

• Visited July 2014
Morgan City, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Went for breakfast, loved it. Biscuits with boudin, can't beat it! Very unique menu and everyone enjoyed their food.

• Visited July 2014
South Louisiana
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Six friends and I had Sunday breakfast. Our server was knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I like the atmosphere of the restaurant. My choice today was French toast with cream cheese and bananas topped with berry-champagne compote. I added scrambled eggs and sausage. Everything was served just as I ordered it. My Coke glass was filled as necessary. Very impressed and I will return.

• Visited August 2014