“Sausage to die for”

Johnson's Boucaniere
Ranked #14 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: Johnson's Boucaniere continues the Johnson family tradition of making Boudin, sausages, and tasso's once sold at the original Johnson's Grocery (since 1937. Add to that outstanding smoked pulled pork, brisket, and chicken and other smoked meats and charcuterie. Wonderful service and quality of food. A must for any Cajun or BBQ foodie.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I came here as part of the Cajun Food Tour where we were able to sample the sausage that this establishment is so well known for. This sausage has literally been on my mind ever since. I am not one who normally eats sausage, but this was so outstanding. I only wish I lived closer, but then again, I would probably weigh a ton because I would be eating there all the time!!

There are newer reviews for Johnson's Boucaniere

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have been a few times Saturday's the best day. If you want to know why stop by on Saturday. Ribs or great

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband & I always make a couple of stops when traveling through the heart of Cajun country for our boudin supply. We'd read the reviews in the Fort Worth Star Telegram, and they were dead on. Not only did we pick up ready to eat boudin & frozen boudin, but we ordered a pulled pork po-boy, brisket po-boy, and bread pudding with praline sauce. Outstanding! We are picky about BBQ & bread pudding, but all 3 were were truly delicious. Cajun cooking isn't just about étouffée & jambalaya. We will definitely stop by on our next trip!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Great brisket, ribs, poboys...they do it ALL right!! If you love barbecue you will die for Johnson's Boucaniere!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

If the world were ending one of the last things I would do is, go to this place and get a boneless rib plate with boudin. Then I would accept my fate. This is some of the finest slow cooked/ smoked food around. Don't be afraid of the way this ancient building looks because inside you'll find yourself in carne nirvana! Enjoy!!!

1  Thank mattLeBlanc88