“Clean Rooms and Excellent Service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Homewood Suites in Lafayette, LA had incredibly helpful staff members. Alanna at the front desk helped me find and book an airboat tour, she went to the trouble of comparing prices and times for several tours for me! Service like this, and the clean comfortable kitchenette suite will make me stay here again

• Stayed: October 2012
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize Alanna's extra efforts. She's a pleasure to work with because she takes such great care of our guests. I'm sharing your comments with her today. Thanks again....Ken

Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

This place is perfect for families or anyone wanting a little extra room. I have stayed at a few other hotels in Lafayette, but this will be the one I return to. Good, safe location. Everything looks brand new. Friendly staff. Plenty of parking. The suite was large and well appointed with just about anything you could possibly need. These truly are suites with a separate bedroom not just a large room with a partition. I was afraid of noise being a problem because the hotel was full, but everything was quiet. The hotel was able to accommodate a very early check in.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor. I'm glad that you were able to make use of the extra room provided in your suite. Please come back the next time you're in Lafayette! PS - I'll be sure to pass along the staff compliment to my team.

Warmest regards...Ken

Reviewed 8 October 2012

We only stayed 1 night which was a bit of a waste as the facilities in this hotel are fantastic. We had a king room which consisted of large sleeping area with a wonderfully comfortable bed, huge bathroom, large sitting area with sofa, armchair and table, full kitchen which includes hob, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge. There was also a dining table and 2 chairs and a study desk. Everything was spotlessly clean, there were plenty of towels and also mini toiletries. As if this wasn't enough, complimentary breakfast was included and the choices were good, including hot fare. Next time I visit the area I will stay longer here as it really is a very nice hotel and good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Ken_Ritter, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see that your suite was "spotlessly clean" and that you thought our hotel was "a great value for the money." We sincerely appreciate your business. Please come back the next time you're in the area.

Respectfully,
Ken

Reviewed 6 October 2012

We just spent 5 nights at Homewood Suites in Lafayette, Louisiana and had a great and relaxing stay in this great location. We met some wonderful staff and enjoyed a great banquet meal as guests of Stuller. Hope to visit there again when it isn't raining so we can eat at more wonderful restaurants and tour the swamps, a plantation, New Orleans and much more.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Hello and thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear that you had a great visit because we enjoyed having you as our guest as well. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Louisiana.

Warmest regards...Ken

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Our one bedroom suite had a fully stocked small kitchenette & den area. Large, flat screen tvs in the den & bedroom. We loved having a large refrigerator & freezer. The air conditioning worked great as did the shower. Ample water flow.
The breakfast buffet changed each morning. It was a nice touch.
The grounds & common areas were very nicely appointed. We had an event to attend in the conference room & it was very comfortable.
The staff was extremely pleasant, no matter the hour. They always made a point to greet us. I was most impressed by their great attitudes.
It was close to all area attractions.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or to recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: We requested a quiet room & they put us away from the lobby. Our room was at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank fatcattn
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for your review and feedback. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to compliment our staff. We take pride in making certain that our guests have comfortable and enjoyable visits so I am glad to learn that your experience was not an exception. Please come back the next time your travel takes you to Lafayette.

Ken Ritter

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed here for a wedding at the nearby attraction known as Vermilionville. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. It was immaculate and looks fresh and new. There was ample space in the living area to sit and visit and the entire suite in large and comfortable.

There also was a wedding party staying here which did concern us because they were on the same floor as we were. However, we did not hear any of the noise we had expected from the group.

This location is not near the interstate, but is very close to dining and shopping options if you have transportation. There are alternatives within walking distance, just not as good. The best places are found along Kaliste Saloom.

This location is close to the airport, but I did not notice air traffic noise.

There were two things which prevent me from giving this hotel 5 stars. One is the breakfast selection was a bit of a disappointment. Selections were not abundant nor were they replenished in a timely manner in what seemed to be an effort to force guests to eat what was on hand and there was some problem with an area near the lobby that forced guest to go through a maze just to reach breakfast. No explanation was given as to why the area was roped off. The other reason was the difficulty in trying to keep the temperature set where everyone was comfortable. One bedroom was too cold while the other was too hot. There is only one thermostat for the entire suite.

I would, without a doubt, stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and have shared your review with my team so that we can continuously improve our service. I appreciate your candid feedback about our breakfast in particular. Homewood Suites takes pride in our breakfast variety so I apologize that the selection was not up to par or replenished as it should have been. Please come back the next time you're in the area. We'd love to have you as our guest again.

Warmest regards,
Ken

Reviewed 19 September 2012

We just returned from a week long trip in Lafayette and I have to say this hotel was fantastic. We had a King bed suite and the room was comfortable, well appointed in decor and the full kitchen was a bonus.

The location is absolutely perfect. Close to the airport and all of the best local restaurants. The staff member told us to check out the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis on Saturday morning and what a great time we had!

The staff was very friendly and helpful with information not only on great places to eat, things to do, but just to chat with.

The pool area was wonderful with plenty of deck chairs, and a beautiful large gazebo areal with comfy wicker furniture for those that want to be outside, but out of the hot sun.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen P
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thanks for the feedback! We really appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. I am also glad you were able to enjoy the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis while visiting our area. Please come back the next time your travel brings you through our area.

Warmest regards.....Ken