“Wonderful place to stay”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Newport News, Virginia
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was greeted as if I was their guest at their own home. They made me feel at home. I checked in on Saturday I was told everything about the free breakfast daily and the free dinner Mon-Fri with free beer and wine from 5-7 pm yes I said FREE!!! I was assigned rm 328, the rm was very clean. I had a full kitchen, living rm w/tv, bedrm w/tv. I talked to many people there throughout my 6 days there and every one was so pleasant. Reagan, Summer, at the desk, neldia (sp?) in the breakfast area the tall light skinned lady she allowed me to get breakfast after closing time. I had slept too long, I really appreciated that I did not have to go out to get something to eat. They replaced one of the smoke detectors in the bdrm and at 8 pm or later they alarms go off in my rm. Mind you I was watching tv with a frozen drink. Before I could hang the phone up from calling the front desk, she was at my door. Im sorry I do not remember her name but she was great. Im telling you the staff there was wonderful. This was my first Homewood Suites stay but it will not be my last. I will be back to Lafayette and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I can only speak for rms 328 and 333 both were great
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Hi Cheryl W,

Thank you for the review. Reading it made me smile! I just shared your feedback with Reagan, Summer, and Nelda. I'm proud of our team for making you feel at home. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Ken Ritter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Firstly I'd like to commend the management for having the savvy to not turn away the business of the millions of people who enjoy a smoke. Thank you. What a great place! The suite was brilliant; super clean and comfortable; a great kitchen with dishwasher; two TVs - living room and bedroom; nice bathroom and shower and the ventilation and AC most efficient. All the staff (front desk,kitchen,room attendants) were unfailingly courteous. What a great breakfast..different every day and dinner included as well! Any niggles? Well we would have liked to have been able to open the windows (not possible) and we noticed there was no indoor pool. There was though, a delightful gazebo with rocking chairs next to the pool. We were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: I bet they're all good.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback. Our staff takes pride in providing an atmosphere where our guests can be comfortable and enjoy amenities similiar to their home. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your suite and our complimentary services. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Lafayette.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I were in town for a family wedding and found this to be a very nice hotel. Friendly staff and nicely appointed suites. It also has a great selection for the complimentary breakfast buffet. The property is only about a year old and we would definitely stay there again. The only thing I would suggest that they change would be the doors to the suites are very heavy and fairly difficult to manage, particularly for someone in a wheelchair.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thank your for taking the time to share your experience. We take great pride in insuring our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable visit so I'm glad to read that you would definitely stay here again. I also appreciate your comment regarding the heavy doors so I'm sharing that feedback with our design team.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This place is incredible. It is like getting Ritz Carlton treatment by every staff member. I would highly recommend staying here. They not only offer complimentatry breakfast, but there is an optional a light evening meals on weekdays for guests.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the positive review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and would welcome the opportunity to earn your repeat business.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Although my stay was for only 1 night, amenities like a refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer were just what I needed. Also, it was hot in Lafayette and the air conditioning worked well. The employees were very considerate and attentive and the property is fairly new, so taking both factors into consideration, the Homewood was perfect. I quickly learned while driving to enter and exit through the back of the parking lot because the traffic is heavy right in front of the hotel. I never heard the traffic in the suite though.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Thanks for the positive review! Whether you stay or one night or 30 I agree that our hotel is "perfect" with amenities like a full size refrigerator and complimentary dinner served most nights. Great tip about exiting the hotel through the rear parking lot as well. Traffic on Kaliste Saloom can be heavy at certain times so I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the alternate entrance/exit.

Georgia, USA
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Homewood Suites in Lafayette, LA had incredibly helpful staff members. Alanna at the front desk helped me find and book an airboat tour, she went to the trouble of comparing prices and times for several tours for me! Service like this, and the clean comfortable kitchenette suite will make me stay here again

• Stayed October 2012
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize Alanna's extra efforts. She's a pleasure to work with because she takes such great care of our guests. I'm sharing your comments with her today. Thanks again....Ken
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

This place is perfect for families or anyone wanting a little extra room. I have stayed at a few other hotels in Lafayette, but this will be the one I return to. Good, safe location. Everything looks brand new. Friendly staff. Plenty of parking. The suite was large and well appointed with just about anything you could possibly need. These truly are suites with a separate bedroom not just a large room with a partition. I was afraid of noise being a problem because the hotel was full, but everything was quiet. The hotel was able to accommodate a very early check in.

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Trip Advisor. I'm glad that you were able to make use of the extra room provided in your suite. Please come back the next time you're in Lafayette! PS - I'll be sure to pass along the staff compliment to my team.

Warmest regards...Ken