Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I stayed at this property during a business assignment Sept 12-28, 2012. I constantly brag about my stay and the property. The staff was beyond nice. The Hotel had a full course dinner and comp beverages on Mon-Thurs evenings. Guests got a bag breakfast in the early AM. My suite had double beds and flat screen tv in the bedroom, flat screen in the living room, and a full kitchen. Exercise room was great. The shuttle was never a problem, and staff (everybody drove it seemed) took me to the airport in a timely manner, to the local wally's , and most places I needed to go. Names I remember...Pierre, Jason, Maria from Cuba(mature cutie!). I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and your compliments of our hotel and team. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Lafayette. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Ken

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I traveled to LA from Texas for the ULL vs. WKU Football game. This was an excellent choice for our hotel stay. We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite and it was just right for me, my mom, sister and her 3 children. Very spacious room! Great hotel to stay in when visiting for ULL Football Games. The decor is beautiful. The food was great and the staff was very helpful. It will definitely be added to my favorites list on Hilton.com. But then again, Homewood Suites are ALWAYS Nice!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Hello...thanks for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you found your suite to be an excellent choice during your trip to see ULL vs. WKU. I'll be certain to share your feedback regarding the decor with our design team and I'll share your comment regarding the staff and food with my team of associates.

Thanks again. Please come back time you're in the area.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This was such a great hotel!! Ceiling fan in room, big showers with glass doors, huge bathroom, comfortable bed, very homelike. Full size refrigerator in room along with microwave. I would stay here again and again.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel. I sincerely appreciate the feedback! Please come back the next time you need accomodations in Lafayette.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was greeted as if I was their guest at their own home. They made me feel at home. I checked in on Saturday I was told everything about the free breakfast daily and the free dinner Mon-Fri with free beer and wine from 5-7 pm yes I said FREE!!! I was assigned rm 328, the rm was very clean. I had a full kitchen, living rm w/tv, bedrm w/tv. I talked to many people there throughout my 6 days there and every one was so pleasant. Reagan, Summer, at the desk, neldia (sp?) in the breakfast area the tall light skinned lady she allowed me to get breakfast after closing time. I had slept too long, I really appreciated that I did not have to go out to get something to eat. They replaced one of the smoke detectors in the bdrm and at 8 pm or later they alarms go off in my rm. Mind you I was watching tv with a frozen drink. Before I could hang the phone up from calling the front desk, she was at my door. Im sorry I do not remember her name but she was great. Im telling you the staff there was wonderful. This was my first Homewood Suites stay but it will not be my last. I will be back to Lafayette and I will stay here again.

Room Tip: I can only speak for rms 328 and 333 both were great
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Hi Cheryl W,

Thank you for the review. Reading it made me smile! I just shared your feedback with Reagan, Summer, and Nelda. I'm proud of our team for making you feel at home. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to our area.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Firstly I'd like to commend the management for having the savvy to not turn away the business of the millions of people who enjoy a smoke. Thank you. What a great place! The suite was brilliant; super clean and comfortable; a great kitchen with dishwasher; two TVs - living room and bedroom; nice bathroom and shower and the ventilation and AC most efficient. All the staff (front desk,kitchen,room attendants) were unfailingly courteous. What a great breakfast..different every day and dinner included as well! Any niggles? Well we would have liked to have been able to open the windows (not possible) and we noticed there was no indoor pool. There was though, a delightful gazebo with rocking chairs next to the pool. We were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: I bet they're all good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback. Our staff takes pride in providing an atmosphere where our guests can be comfortable and enjoy amenities similiar to their home. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your suite and our complimentary services. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Lafayette.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

My wife and I were in town for a family wedding and found this to be a very nice hotel. Friendly staff and nicely appointed suites. It also has a great selection for the complimentary breakfast buffet. The property is only about a year old and we would definitely stay there again. The only thing I would suggest that they change would be the doors to the suites are very heavy and fairly difficult to manage, particularly for someone in a wheelchair.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience. We take great pride in insuring our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable visit so I'm glad to read that you would definitely stay here again. I also appreciate your comment regarding the heavy doors so I'm sharing that feedback with our design team.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

This place is incredible. It is like getting Ritz Carlton treatment by every staff member. I would highly recommend staying here. They not only offer complimentatry breakfast, but there is an optional a light evening meals on weekdays for guests.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the positive review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and would welcome the opportunity to earn your repeat business.