“Nice Hotel but Kaitlyn was Disappointing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room and the facility were really nice. With the exception of Kaitlyn and her nasty attitude, our stay was good. As Kaitlyn is the first person you come into contact with when you enter the hotel, she should be provided some training in customer service. I would rather assume she projects that attitude with everyone and didn't project it onto us because we are an interracial couple. I really tried not to read much into it but when my husband returned to the room later that night and told me about her dropping his change in his hand as though she didn't want to touch him, it confirmed my suspicions. I think Homewood Suites is doing themselves a disservice by having her at the front desk as the "face" of Hilton when you initially arrive. As your survey initially stated, I have a choice of where I stay and my staying at your hotel aids in your abily to pay Kaitlyn's wage. Why would I want to contribute to someone's wage when she treats me with such unpleasant, rude behavior when NOT warranted??? We passed several hotels to get to Homewood and if they are as equally nice, I would choose them instead of Homewood for no other reason than Kaitlyn's attitude.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Hi Trina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with TripAdvisor regarding your experience at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as we rely on guest reviews to let us know what we are doing right and to know where we must improve. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with one of my colleagues. We take great pride in insuring that our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I sincerely regret that this was not your experience. Would you please contact me at the hotel to describe this associate since we do not have anyone named Kaitlyn on our staff? I can be reached at 337-264-6044.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Good central location, rooms clean spacious and well equipped. We had bedroom with 2 queen size beds and better than average sized bathroom. Lounge space adequate and small kitchen area with hob, microwave and fridge. Tv's in lounge and bedroom. Outside pool area and gym, both were extremely quiet. Breakfast complimentary, could be described as adequate to keep you going in the morning, not overly special, coffee juice Fresh fruit and some cooked items. So overall a well priced hotel and pleasant staff

Room Tip: All rooms of a high standard
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Elaine H
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. I am delighted to read that you had a great stay and overall thought we were a well priced hotel with a pleasant staff. We hope to welcome to back to Lafayette soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

From the moment we arrived , the staff was very friendly and quick to check us in. Overall the hotel appearance was very clean and well maintained. On entering the room it was very clean and spacious. We had to get up very early so we were glad that the hotel was quiet during the night. The beds were very soft and comfortable. My daughter even commented on how comfy her bed was. We had breakfast the next morning before we left. Breakfast was just OK, but it is complementary so I'm not complaining. Overall we had a great stay. I would definately recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JimmyM739

Thank you for the review. It is always nice to receive feedback from our guests. I'm happy that you and your daughter were able to have an enjoyable night in a comfortable bed. Please come back the next time your travel brings you to Lafayette. It would be a pleasure to serve you again.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

This hotel was great as our home base for a sister trip for what seemed like a food crawl of Lafayette! We had adjoining rooms, so 2 living rooms and 2 kitchens to feel right at home. We loved lounging with coffee in our living rooms each morning, then to the restaurant for a MUCH better than average hotel breakfast. The beds were super comfy and the hotel is far enough off the road to not hear road noise at night. It seemed pretty central to the restaurants that we wanted to go to and best of all.....just around the corner from Pouparts Bakery!!!! I plan to go back to Lafayette soon with my husband and we'll stay here for sure.

2  Thank Gretchen S

Hi Gretchen S.,

Thank you for staying with us during your sister trip through Lafayette. It's really nice to read that you felt right at home relaxing in your suite's living room each morning drinking coffee with your sister. We enjoyed having you as our guest and invite you to come back whenever you'd like. We'd welcome you with open arms!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

Enjoyed the hotel and the great staff over a Good Friday weekend when in Lafayette. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who travels with or without family. My family enjoyed our 2 day stay at this hotel. Great job to the hotel Manager who has a great team who knows what service is all about.

1  Thank Cedric R

Thank you for the compliment. Our staff takes great pride in making certain that our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable experience so I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your Easter weekend with us. Please come back the next time you visit Lafayette!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Homewood Suites on Kaliste Saloom in Lafayette, LA! The suite was amazing and so functional, and a great value. And the complimentary breakfast was outstanding! We will definitely stay there again when we are in town to visit our kids and grandkids!

1  Thank Donna D
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Hi Donna D,

Thanks for the excellent review of our hotel! I am delighted to learn that you thought the suite was amazing, functional, and a great value. I'll share your comments with our breakfast team as well so that they can be recognized for the outstanding breakfast. We hope to see you again soon with your grandkids.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

From the moment you enter the lobby of Homewood Suites in Lafayette, you just know that this is no ordinary hotel. Gleaming marble floors glisten to welcome you in, and friendly reception staff check you in with courtesy and respect. As you walk down the corridor to your room, you bounce on marshmallow carpets, and then you open the door, catching your breath at the sheer size and quality of where you are about to settle in to. Tastefully decorated throughout, you could be forgiven in thinking you have checked into the wrong hotel by mistake, it is that good, and fully justifies the glowing tributes posted on Trip Advisor. We had a one bedroom suite, which oozed homeliness and comfort, with a bed seemingly made out of the fluffiest of clouds. Forgive the superlatives, but this hotel is outstanding, and were it to be situated in major tourist hotspots could easily command overnight rates double of what is expected in Lafayette. Easily a 5 star rating, and then some.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LyeCon

Hi LyeCon,

Wow...Thanks for the fantastic review! I agree with you that we are not an ordinary hotel and I appreciate you taking the time to write an accurate review of our hotel and it's value in the market. Please come back the next time your travel brings you through Lafayette. It would be our pleasure to serve you again.