Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great Experience. Kids loved the basketball court and pool. The lobby was very nice. We were surprised by all of the amenities at this price point. Staff was extremely couteous. We are definitley staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Hi Reed,

Thanks for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We're glad to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. Please come back and tell a friend!

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Man and I were on way back to Houston after a conference in NOLA and spent 2 nights here. It was very good. The place looks pretty new. The rooms were nice, clean and beds comfortable. They have a breakfast in the mornings and for free its pretty good, nice variety. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice it was outside. The staff that I had dealings with were always very pleasant. They have a fitness room and laundry facilities for free - amazing deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

HI Neslolo,

Thanks for the feedback. We encourage guest reviews to let us know what we are doing right and to know where we must improve so I greatly appreciate your time to share your experience. I was glad to read that your suite was very comfortable and that the staff you encountered were pleasant. We would love to earn your repeat business so please keep us in mind for your future trips to Lafayette.

Thanks for your business.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Wow, we stayed in a two bedroom suite that was large, quiet and immaculate. I have brittle asthma and any strong scents can set it off. Cigarette smoke is a trigger but worse is the deodorizer used to try to cover it up. I notified the hotel of this problem. We had to wait a few hours longer for the room but it was worth it. The room smelled like nothing. The front desk staff were wonderful in answering our many questions about the area. The lobby and all the other common areas were beautifully appointed and immaculate. The breakfast was bountiful, hot and fresh, typical for free hotel breakfasts. We were there on a weekend so didn't get to enjoy the free evening cocktail and dinner service. I can usually find something to nitpick about a hotel, often a cleanliness issue, but not here, it was perfect. You can tell that the management is committed to keeping this hotel a superior property. If you transported this room to a big city, it would easily cost $1200/night. We will stay here when we return to Lafayette next month.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Hello Imay,

Thanks for the review. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you found our accomodations and service to be superior. We take great pride in ensuring that our guests can "Be at Home" so I'm so glad to read that your visit was a success. Please come back the next time you're in Lafayette. It would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My wife and I cannot believe this extraordinary find. The staff is tops. The suits are clean, spacious and airy. The suit comes with breakfast and dinner. The dinner is offered Monday through Thursday and it includes wine and beer. How can you go wrong?

We cannot wait to return. Oh, I almost forgot... They pick you up at the airport and will transport you anywhere in Lafayette for a distance of three miles. They will also pick you up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Slimmer72
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for the fantastic review of our hotel! I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We would welcome the opportunity to serve you again the next time you're in Lafayette.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband and I keep a wish list of things that make for a perfect stay: clean rooms, comfortable bed, a kitchen, definitely a refrigerator, comfortable sitting area, good sized bathroom, a jacuzzi, laundry and office with computers that work (preferably open 25 hours), a free cooked breakfast, quiet surroundings, and a balcony. We had everything on the list during our recent two day stay at Homewood Suites, except a balcony. There were a lot of folks in the hotel attending social gatherings and some of them were not very respectful of the noise that they were making in the hallways late at night. One call to the desk ended those problems. The staff was polite, friendly and helpful. I wish I could stay at such a great place everytime we travel. Thank you for making our visit to Lafayette special.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at my hotel with TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that we helped make your visit to Lafayette special and that we met your requirements for a perfect stay. I agree that a balcony on top of our other amenities would make for an even greater experience. Hopefully you were able to take advantage of our outdoor courtyard area in lieu of a private balcony. Thank you sincerely for your business. It was a pleasure serving you.

Ken

Reviewed 22 April 2013

This is the second time my girlfriends and I have stayed here for a local tennis tournament. The staff is just wonderful. They really try to make your stay as wonderful as they can. The rooms are clean and spacious with the little kitchen area very handy.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for staying with us again! It is always a pleasure to welcome our previous guests back to our hotel. I appreciate your compliments of our staff and our property and I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team. Please come back the next time your plans bring you to Lafayette.

Ken

Reviewed 18 April 2013

The room and the facility were really nice. With the exception of Kaitlyn and her nasty attitude, our stay was good. As Kaitlyn is the first person you come into contact with when you enter the hotel, she should be provided some training in customer service. I would rather assume she projects that attitude with everyone and didn't project it onto us because we are an interracial couple. I really tried not to read much into it but when my husband returned to the room later that night and told me about her dropping his change in his hand as though she didn't want to touch him, it confirmed my suspicions. I think Homewood Suites is doing themselves a disservice by having her at the front desk as the "face" of Hilton when you initially arrive. As your survey initially stated, I have a choice of where I stay and my staying at your hotel aids in your abily to pay Kaitlyn's wage. Why would I want to contribute to someone's wage when she treats me with such unpleasant, rude behavior when NOT warranted??? We passed several hotels to get to Homewood and if they are as equally nice, I would choose them instead of Homewood for no other reason than Kaitlyn's attitude.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Hi Trina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with TripAdvisor regarding your experience at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as we rely on guest reviews to let us know what we are doing right and to know where we must improve. I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with one of my colleagues. We take great pride in insuring that our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I sincerely regret that this was not your experience. Would you please contact me at the hotel to describe this associate since we do not have anyone named Kaitlyn on our staff? I can be reached at 337-264-6044.

Thanks again,