“Nice hotel but needs better breakfast”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The hotel was nice and clean. The staff welcomed my family as diamond members. However, the breakfast hours are poor, come on 9:30am..... They ran out of breakfast at 9:10am and the staff did not care if you received anything to eat or not. When asked the staff in the kitchen was short and nasty about it. Other than the breakfast, it is a nice hotel for Lafayette but I won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Enebeli K
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. I sincerely appreciate the feedback and I wanted to let you know that I’ve shared your comments with my team so that we can continuously improve our service. I know that you have a choice of hotels in Lafayette and we’re grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Please accept my sincerest apology for the attitude of indifference that you experienced in our complimentary breakfast area. Rest assured that your comments have not been taken lightly as I will be following up personally with the staff members involved. The incident that you described is embarrassing and is certainly not the manner in which I would like our guests treated.
Please come back next time your travel brings you to our area. On behalf of my entire team of associates, thank you for your business and we hope that you will give us another try. I am confident that on your next visit you will be reminded of the service that you have come to expect as a Diamond HHonors member.

Warmest regards,

Ken Ritter

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA

Reviewed 24 October 2013

This was the most accommodating hotel we've stayed at for a while! Friendly, helpful - SINCERE - staff!!! We would definitely book with this location again given the oppotunity. Everyone was very gracious.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience with us. We're so happy that you had such a great experience. We hope you will get that opportunity to stay with us again, we look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for staying with us and helping us stay the #1 hotel in Lafayette, LA.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I came here for our Anniversary. Everything was on point. The full continental breakfast was excellent. Rooms clean and spacious. Homewood Suites really was impressive and made our anniversary/getaway very enjoyable. Recommend to all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traci V
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

We are so honored that you chose us as your place to stay for your anniversary. It's great to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. I will certainly let the staff know they were able to make such an important event so enjoyable. Thank you again for choosing us and hope to see you again next year and the years to come.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night on a short business trip. I am a single, female traveler.

I arrived at the airport at 6pm and I did not have a car rental. I knew that the hotel had a shuttle, so I called them to let them know I had arrived and I was lucky...they were already on their way with another guest dropping them off so I did not have to wait very long.

Shuttle ride was fine, not very talkative but I was tired from the flights, so no big deal.

Check in was quick and painless. They went over where everything was in the hotel and told me how to get to my room. As I asked about food options in the area for dinner, the driver of the shuttle walked in and said she was going to ask if I wanted to stop somewhere along the way to the hotel but I guess she forgot (?). They have a small selection at the hotel's cantene area...mac and cheese, frozen dinners, some salads, chips, etc. Nothing looked too appetizing to me, so I just grabbed a smoothie out of the fridge and decided to call an early night.

My room was a one bedroom suite (like an actual bedroom, with a door). The living room area has a couch and chair, super comfy. The TV in the living room worked great but the bedroom one was about as slow as 1992 internet dial up connection. The kitchen was much nicer than I expected with all the essentials. I am used to staying in Extended Stay America's (again, for work and usually 3 months at a time) and I have to say that if I were to rate them, I would give them a 4. Homewood would get about an 8-9 out of 10.

I watched some TV and did my nails before I remembered that I needed to get stuff printed out for the next day. I went down to the executive work stations (computer room) and got on to the fedex website to see how far a drive they would be...it said 3.2 or something on bing...google says it is right at 3 miles. I began working tirelessly on the report/presentation book I was going to print out at the fedex but right as I was about to hit submit and spend 40$, I decided to ask again if the shuttle could bring me there. Earlier, when they talked about dinner and where to go, they said they would take guests anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel so that is why I began and finished my presentation on the fedex website (probably about 45 minutes of work). But, when I went up again to ask if they could take me tonight or tomorrow morning, they said it was too far. Meh, I wasn't going to throw a fit over it but it left a slight bad taste in my mouth and decided it wasn't worth even debating, so I just walked away and deleted the whole presentation. >:/

Whatever. Back to the room for bedtime. Bed was amazingly comfortable and warm. They had extra blankets in the closet which I took advantage of (I am always cold). I had a hard time figuring out the thermostat as when I turned it 'on' instead of 'auto', it turned off...? I just left it on auto.

Bathroom was nice. No bathtub in my room, just a shower with a seat. Adequate shelving to put your belongings in the shower and in the powder area. Came with a hair dryer. Plenty of closet space for clothes.

Overall, I had a good experience but wish I had that darned car rental (I didn't get one because I arrived when the car rental places closed for the evening). For one night, it was more than what I needed and will look to stay again if I need a longer stay next time.

Also, I guess they serve dinner every night of the WEEK. Not weekends. That was another reason I did not get a rental (my company thought they served dinner every night, so I wouldn't need a car to get dinner). They have an ok breakfast but I wish they had fresher fruit.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 3rd floor. Not really any views from the front of the hotel.
1  Thank Quendallyn M

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm glad that you enjoyed several aspects of your stay. As for the negative issues, rest assured that they do not fall on deaf ears. We are currenlty working with our various departments to come up with ways to take our guest experience to the next level and feedback such as yours will definitely help to get us there. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I was in Lafayette for a business trip and stayed at this hotel for one week. I was so impressed with the rooms, customer service and food on offer. The staff were so accomodating and I could not believe the shuttle service - they were so helpful. Nothing was a problem for any of the staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a home away from home when in Lafayette.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the lobby, its a long way to the very end rooms.
2  Thank dag2546
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us recently. Your comments will most certainly be passed on to the appropriate departments. I know they will appreciate your compliments. Thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Nice clean hotel. Good Service, Wish the shuttle could have gone to the Museum instead of the shopping center. Shuttle could be a little better as they picked up the wrong couple at the train station. I would advise a taxi service and/or a rental car. otherwise a good value.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us. I'm sorry for your experience with your shuttle service. I hope that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and will come back to see us again soon. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.

SIncerely,

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were in the area for business and pleasure, Couldn't ask for anything better!! The staff was more than helpful and would recommend this Hotel ! The young people working the front desk were very helpful and interested in us and professional.

1  Thank Michael D

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and had such wonderful comments regarding our staff. I will most certainly let them about your compliments. Thank you again for staying with us as well as your kind recommendation. We hope you will come back and see us again.