“Solid place (unless something goes wrong)”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a good suite-hotel: newish and clean, comfortable.
Complimentary, lightish dinners (although as much as you want) Mon-Thu including draft beer and red/white wines. Their breakfasts are apparently good too, but we never ate breakfast here, so cannot comment.
I chose Homewood Suites as it is rated #1 here on Tripadvisor.

Another traveller (who goes to Lafayette often on business) mentioned to us that it was indeed the best option in Lafayette.

We did run into an air-conditioning problem on our last two nights (of 6). I live in Canada and don't sleep well when temps are above 70F. Our room never went below 73F. Funny thing is that it was 40F outside - simply opening a window would have helped, but the windows do not open.
We complained to management who attempted to solve the problem, but were not successful.
(I know, I know, it might sound like a petty complaint but seriously, I sleep at 65F. 73F, even naked, no blankets or sheets, with the fan going is a lousy sleep at best)
Anyway, upon checking out I asked about their Suite Assurance Guarantee®: “We guarantee...If you’re not completely satisfied let us know. We’ll make it right or your night’s stay is free.”
I spoke to the desk clerk, then the manager. Both tried to “make it right” by offering coupons to Chilis or Outback or Itunes, etc. This didn’t seem acceptable to me as the problem was the air conditioning, which they could not “make right”, so I felt a night free was in order.
I was then told that because I booked through a third party (I used Expedia), I could not get refunded a night.
To make a longer story short, the manager Ken R, finally did contact Expedia and the room was indeed refunded a night, fulfilling their Suite Assurance Guarantee®.

So, I highly recommend this hotel.
Its just unfortunate that I had to argue as much as I did to get THEIR guarantee fulfilled. I suppose its management’s job to perform in this manner, but as a consumer, I guess we have to stand up for ourselves as well.

My rating does not take this A/C problem or guarantee flap into consideration (otherwise, its was great).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lala067
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you while you were our guest and I sincerely appreciate the recommendation you’ve provided. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to make things right as part of our Suite Assurance Guarantee. Please come back the next time you’re in our area. We would welcome to opportunity to serve you again.

Warmest regards,
Ken

Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel was very good for us. The location is great for traveling around the Lafayette area. The rooms are really big and super clean. The breakfast is a treat - hot, a great selection, and very good food in a beautiful room. It's great to get a complimentary breakfast on real plates with real silverware. Though we weren't in the hotel at the time dinner was served, I saw that the hotel provides complimentary dinners during the week! The menu looked good for meat-eaters. This is all-around an excellent hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to let the breakfast staff know how much you enjoyed their service as well as letting housekeeping know how pleased you were with the cleanliness of the rooms. I certainly hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My stay at this hotel was very uncomfortable to say the least. Our kids(Football Team), parents and coaches where terrorized by another guest pitbull dog. Once reported nothing really was done about it. So we spent an entire day and night on guard watching out for these dogs. I fill we should be refunded our money for this stay and offered compensation at our next visit. Guest with dogs should be required to have them on leash with muzzle on mouth or NO DOGS at all.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clifton L
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Clifton,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us via TripAdvisor. The comfort and safety of our guests are important to us and we apologize for the situation you encountered. We are dedicated to ensuring our guests' satisfaction and hope you will give us another opportunity should you return to our area in the future.

Ken Ritter

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Oh my gosh, this is such a beautiful facility. I can't magine that a more expensive hotel has better linens and is decorated better. The staff is friendly and efficient. Congratulations to all who work at this facilty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatriciaAnneT
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay with us PatriciaAnneT. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were pleased with the efficiency of the staff. We thank you for your congratulations and hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you so much for helping us stay the number one hotel in Acadiana.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Very nice rooms with a small kitchen and a comfortable couch and chairs in the living room. The TVs were 37” but took 8 seconds between channel changes. I enjoyed the free breakfast and the nice outside area. There was always plenty of parking and the hotel was in a good location. We actually booked rooms at the Hilton but were dismayed at how old it was and they had no refrig or microwave. The Homewood was able to accommodate us at two o’clock in the morning. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you very much Mark P for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Sorry to hear about your experience at the the other Hilton but I'm glad it brought you our way and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I also apologize for the issue with the television. It seems like a minor thing but I myself am a channel flipper and that would become tiresome. I certainly hope the other aspects of the hotel bring you back our way. Thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

From the moment I walked in the door, I knew I had made the right choice. A beautiful and clean lobby and a nice welcome from the staff. I was on a mother/daughter trip and our suite was perfect for 3 guest! I will def try to book with Homewood anytime I travel...thought I'm never disappointed with any of the Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you so much for choosing us for your family trip and thank you as well for being loyal to the Hilton brand. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is a suite with a small kitchen and living room with a sofa and TV. The bedroom is large and is tastefully decorated. They give you a light dinner Monday-Thursday, which saves you money. I would love to stay here every time I visit this city.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

...and we would be very happy to have you the next time you are in our fair city. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and let us know about your recent experience. We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy holidays and thank you again for choosing the Homewood Suites Lafayette.