“Wonderful hotel for families”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Lafayette, United States
“Wonderful hotel for families”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I booked two connecting rooms for family visiting from out of town. The rooms were ready so they were allowed to check in when they arrived before the designated check-in time. This hotel is new and spotless. Check-in was quick. The young man at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Fully stocked snack room located next to the front desk. Rooms are well equipped and clean. Beds are extremely comfortable. Reasonably priced, centrally located.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments, Eula L. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and took the time to write about how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding the property and regarding your check in. We've already conveyed your remarks to the front desk agent that checked you in. I certainly hope your travels bring you back our way. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights while making our way from New Orleans to Texas. It was a great deal for $50 and 12000 points pernight.

Location was easy to find and served as a good home base while we were in the area. The woman that checked us in was professional, friendly and pleasant. We felt welcomed.

Lobby and breakfast area were stunning. I think it's the best looking Homewood Suites I've been to (sorry Homewood Coralville IA). Room was a bit smaller than most Homewoods but nicely appointed and very comfortable. My hilton honors cookies and water were already in my room along with a nice note from the manager.

Breakfast and manager's reception were wonderful. Area was clean and the food was hot and fresh which is not always the case.

The outdoor pool was heated which enabled my 12 year old to go swimming while I huddled in my jeans and jacket next to the pool.

Overall a great stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. If I ever happen to be in the area again I will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time time to write about your recent stay with us, Lmeam. I'm happy that you took advantage of the Points and Money promotion and came to stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed pretty much every aspect of the hotel and that's what we love to hear. We all take great pride in our work and it's great to hear that it shows. We thank you for your reccomendation and hope that you will indeed come back to see us.

Monticello, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We had several people in our group so we opted for the 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. It was very clean and comfortable. There was some noise above us that bothered the guests in the other bedroom but ours was quiet. The breakfast was good few hot choices though. All staff we came in contact with were friendly and professional. I will stay here if in the area again.

Stayed December 2013
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Thank you so much for writing a tripadvisor response regarding your recent stay with us Karen S. I"m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hate that some of your party were inconvenienced by the noise from another room. If such an issue ever occurs again, please relay it on to the front desk. We want everyone to have a relaxing stay with us. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Charleston, United States
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I would recommend staying here when visiting Lafayette. The grounds and building were immaculate. The rooms are the best I'vestayed in in a long time and for the price point I consider them luxurious. I will not stay anywhere else in Lafayette

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us Howard H. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed with the property. We take great pride in our hotel and are always pleased when we hear comments such as yours. Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Lafayette.

Montreal
Reviewed 17 December 2013

This is a good suite-hotel: newish and clean, comfortable.
Complimentary, lightish dinners (although as much as you want) Mon-Thu including draft beer and red/white wines. Their breakfasts are apparently good too, but we never ate breakfast here, so cannot comment.
I chose Homewood Suites as it is rated #1 here on Tripadvisor.

Another traveller (who goes to Lafayette often on business) mentioned to us that it was indeed the best option in Lafayette.

We did run into an air-conditioning problem on our last two nights (of 6). I live in Canada and don't sleep well when temps are above 70F. Our room never went below 73F. Funny thing is that it was 40F outside - simply opening a window would have helped, but the windows do not open.
We complained to management who attempted to solve the problem, but were not successful.
(I know, I know, it might sound like a petty complaint but seriously, I sleep at 65F. 73F, even naked, no blankets or sheets, with the fan going is a lousy sleep at best)
Anyway, upon checking out I asked about their Suite Assurance Guarantee®: “We guarantee...If you’re not completely satisfied let us know. We’ll make it right or your night’s stay is free.”
I spoke to the desk clerk, then the manager. Both tried to “make it right” by offering coupons to Chilis or Outback or Itunes, etc. This didn’t seem acceptable to me as the problem was the air conditioning, which they could not “make right”, so I felt a night free was in order.
I was then told that because I booked through a third party (I used Expedia), I could not get refunded a night.
To make a longer story short, the manager Ken R, finally did contact Expedia and the room was indeed refunded a night, fulfilling their Suite Assurance Guarantee®.

So, I highly recommend this hotel.
Its just unfortunate that I had to argue as much as I did to get THEIR guarantee fulfilled. I suppose its management’s job to perform in this manner, but as a consumer, I guess we have to stand up for ourselves as well.

My rating does not take this A/C problem or guarantee flap into consideration (otherwise, its was great).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lala067
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It was a pleasure meeting you while you were our guest and I sincerely appreciate the recommendation you’ve provided. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to make things right as part of our Suite Assurance Guarantee. Please come back the next time you’re in our area. We would welcome to opportunity to serve you again.

Warmest regards,
Ken
Oak Park, IL
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel was very good for us. The location is great for traveling around the Lafayette area. The rooms are really big and super clean. The breakfast is a treat - hot, a great selection, and very good food in a beautiful room. It's great to get a complimentary breakfast on real plates with real silverware. Though we weren't in the hotel at the time dinner was served, I saw that the hotel provides complimentary dinners during the week! The menu looked good for meat-eaters. This is all-around an excellent hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to let the breakfast staff know how much you enjoyed their service as well as letting housekeeping know how pleased you were with the cleanliness of the rooms. I certainly hope you will come back and see us again. Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home.

lake charles, United States
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My stay at this hotel was very uncomfortable to say the least. Our kids(Football Team), parents and coaches where terrorized by another guest pitbull dog. Once reported nothing really was done about it. So we spent an entire day and night on guard watching out for these dogs. I fill we should be refunded our money for this stay and offered compensation at our next visit. Guest with dogs should be required to have them on leash with muzzle on mouth or NO DOGS at all.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Clifton L
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Clifton,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us via TripAdvisor. The comfort and safety of our guests are important to us and we apologize for the situation you encountered. We are dedicated to ensuring our guests' satisfaction and hope you will give us another opportunity should you return to our area in the future.

Ken Ritter