“Nice Clean, New rooms”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
“Nice Clean, New rooms”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel one night on our way back from Florida. The room and furnishings were all new, and the lobby was beautiful with a huge Christmas tree. The beds were very comfortable and we all really enjoyed the stay after driving hundreds of miles. My only complaint is that a noisy family was above us and we could hear them stomping and yelling for at least an hour at 11:30 at night. We did not complain, but I've seen others suggest getting a room on the top floor. We should have done that. Aside from that, this was a nice enough hotel I would still recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you so much Suendanny for staying with us and taking the time to let the world know about your stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the furnishings of the room. We are just over two years old now and still doing our best to keep up that new hotel feeling. I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience of the noise from the room above you. Our staff is trained to handle such complaints very efficiently and discretely. We want every guest to be 100% satisfied with their stay. I hope your ventures bring you back our way.

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Hallettsville, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel was so nice! My husband has stayed in Homewood Suites during business trips and said how nice they were. When we knew we were going to stay in Lafayette, and we saw that this was #1 on TripAdvisor, it was a no-brainer for us. The only glitch, and I had to admit this, but I accidently booked us at the Homewood Suites in Lafayette, IN. I had no idea until I went in to check in and the guy said he couldn't find us in the system. He asked me to look up my confirmation email and sure enough, I had clicked on the same Indiana site. He said it happens ALL the time, so the only reason I'm sharing this experience is so that everyone is more careful when they book.

If you stay from a Monday - Thursday, they provide a full dinner meal. The night we were there it was Cajun pork tenderloin, rice and beans, cornbread, and salad. They also provide a free, full breakfast as well. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and it was so nice to have that extra room. For a great room and two full meals, and the price being under $150 w/tax, that was a great deal.

My kids were a bit disappointed that the pool was outside. We were there in December so it was too cold to swim. The hot tub was occupied by very loving couple so we decided not to venture outside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us, Ann S. We are so glad that you were pleased with the hotel and the amenities we offer. I am sorry that the weather wasn't warmer so that you could have enjoyed the outdoor amenities as well. I certainly hope that you will come back and see us again soon. We look forward to serving you.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

The Homewood Suites in Lafayette, Louisiana, has one of the most attractive interiors of any hotel in which I have stayed. The dining area, hallways, and guest rooms were very attractive. The bright greens in the rooms lifted my spirit.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience with the Homewood Suites Lafayette. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the decor of the hotel. We try our best to keep up that brand new hotel look. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope your travels bring you back our way.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I live on the road due to his job. He is a diamond member and staying here was an excellent choice! Ken is an absolute delight! So professional and polite! So far, this place is the only place we have found that made us feel like Diamond Members. Ken took the time to show us around the hotel and get to know us. The hotel itself is great on all levels! Ken is what I'm here to bragg about. Thank you Ken!

• Stayed September 2013
Ken_Ritter, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for the outstanding review and for the kind words!! It was a pleasure meeting you and we thoroughly enjoyed having you and your husband as our guests. Please come back the next time your travel brings you back to Lafayette.

Thanks again,

Ken Ritter
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised by the location of the hotel as well as the many amenities. Although I knew that breakfast was included, I was amazed to find that dinner was also included M-F, as well as happy hour. The room was very quiet and had a small kitchen as well as a couch for our additional family member. They also have a fitness center, laundromat, and computer room. We had everything we needed!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Homewood Suites Lafayette, workerb. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the the convenience of the location and the amenities of the hotel. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary dinner we serve Monday - Thursday. Thank you again for staying with us, we certainly hope you will come back and see us. And i do agree with you, there is no place like the Homewood Lafayette, La.

Lafayette, United States
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I booked two connecting rooms for family visiting from out of town. The rooms were ready so they were allowed to check in when they arrived before the designated check-in time. This hotel is new and spotless. Check-in was quick. The young man at the front desk was friendly and helpful. Fully stocked snack room located next to the front desk. Rooms are well equipped and clean. Beds are extremely comfortable. Reasonably priced, centrally located.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your kind comments, Eula L. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and took the time to write about how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your comments regarding the property and regarding your check in. We've already conveyed your remarks to the front desk agent that checked you in. I certainly hope your travels bring you back our way. We would love to have you stay with us again.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights while making our way from New Orleans to Texas. It was a great deal for $50 and 12000 points pernight.

Location was easy to find and served as a good home base while we were in the area. The woman that checked us in was professional, friendly and pleasant. We felt welcomed.

Lobby and breakfast area were stunning. I think it's the best looking Homewood Suites I've been to (sorry Homewood Coralville IA). Room was a bit smaller than most Homewoods but nicely appointed and very comfortable. My hilton honors cookies and water were already in my room along with a nice note from the manager.

Breakfast and manager's reception were wonderful. Area was clean and the food was hot and fresh which is not always the case.

The outdoor pool was heated which enabled my 12 year old to go swimming while I huddled in my jeans and jacket next to the pool.

Overall a great stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. If I ever happen to be in the area again I will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time time to write about your recent stay with us, Lmeam. I'm happy that you took advantage of the Points and Money promotion and came to stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed pretty much every aspect of the hotel and that's what we love to hear. We all take great pride in our work and it's great to hear that it shows. We thank you for your reccomendation and hope that you will indeed come back to see us.