Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Alexandria, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I recommend this hotel. I enjoy the service each time I stay. This is my hotel of choice when staying in the Lafayette area. The complimentary breakfast is excellent. The location is very close to plenty of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Mia Z,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your latest stay with us. We are so happy to have you as a loyal customer and hope that you will continue to use us as your home away from home when visiting the area. We look forward to your next visit.

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites Lafayette since the day it opened. I travel to Lafayette every couple of months and really enjoy staying here. It just opened a couple of years ago and still everything seems new. It is a well managed property. It has a very nice exercise room with weights and treadmills. The main reception area is tall ceilings and a very long room with plenty of seating and is computer friendly. The food at breakfast and later for dinner is good and above average for most hotels. The evening reception is nice with plenty of wine and beer on tap before the food is served. All the rooms are nice and so you don't feel cramped. The curtains over the windows block out most of the light from the outside so there is no distraction. The rooms are usually quite however I have heard other guests usually to one side or above me. The staff is very friendly and accommodating to your every need. The airport is just 5 minutes away so it you have an early flight you don't have to get up two hours early. I have stayed at the Hilton and the Hilton Inn Garden Suites in Lafayette and this is by far the best place to stay. The Hilton Lafayette is about 30 years old and is very dated. The rooms reflect this. Take my advice pay a little more and be very pleased at your stay at the Homewood Suite Lafayette.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites and very nice and big. I like staying in one even when traveling alone for th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Lawrence B,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks regarding your stays with us at the Homewood Suites Lafayette. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and hope that we will continue to stay your home away from home. I do apologize if you have been inconvenienced by guests in neighboring rooms. Please call the front desk at any time this may happen, we are well trained in handling such issues. Thank you again for your posting on Tripadvisor. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Baton Rouge
Reviewed 30 March 2014

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I was treated as such. Hilton is my favorite hotel brand that I have become a custom to staying. I spend 99 percent of my hotels stays at the Hilton. If I had to do it again, Hilton brand is my preferred choice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Icthomas27,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. It's great to get such awesome feedback from one of our loyal Diamond Honors members. Hilton is a great brand to be loyal to and also to be employed in. I'm so glad that your travels brought you our way and we look forward to your next booking.

PLYMOUTH, IN., United States
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Have stayed here several times. I have never had a bad experience! I wish all the motels I stay at were like this one. The rooms are big the kitchenette is nice. Two TV's. Everything is clean. They even washed the dishes for me. {There is a laundry room if needed. Computers and printer if the office room. These are accessed by room key for privacy.}

Dear Will K,

Thank you so much for your recent posting regarding your stay with us at the Homewood Suites. We are so glad that you have consistently enjoyed your stays with us and are glad to have you as a loyal guest. I must say that I am glad that we are so unlike so many of the other hotels in the area, we would hate to lose you to the competition. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed here for a week at a time twice over the last 2 months and this is definitely my choice to stay in Lafayette. Rooms are clean, new, and very comfortable. The hotel is close to restaurants and generally easy to get any where you need to go in Lafayette. As is typical for Homewood Suites, free breakfast and also a free evening meal of which I didn't try due to too many restaurants in Lafayette. Great place to stay with family or business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear TexThai,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent experience with us at the Homewood Suites Lafayette, LA. We are so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your visits with us and we most certainly appreciate you as a loyal customer. It is true that we are located near many of Lafayette's finest restaurants and in fact shuttle to quite a few of them. We thank you so much for your comments and recommendations. Thank you for spreading the word that Homewood Suites is the place to stay.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Had a short business trip to Lafayette. Very clean with super nice sheets and comfy bed. Loved the big showers with bench. Had a little mini kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, pots, pans, stocked with popcorn and coffee. Convenient location. Might suggest a river view room. Staff was very friendly and professional. Great price.

Room Tip: Can get a River View room. I had a parking lot view, but it was quiet.
1 Thank debntodd
Dear debntodd,

I'm so glad that you had an enjoyable stay at our facility and took the time to share that experience through tripadvisor. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy the many amenities we offer during your short business trip. I certainly hope that your future travels will bring you back our way. Thank you for helping us stay the #1 hotel in Acadiana.

SIncerely,

Guest Service Supervisor.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I and my fiancée stayed here for close to 3 months. The service here was very good. When something was needed they were very attentive and professional. The location was convenient, although the traffic on the street it's located on, as well as many other roads in Lafayette had heavy traffic for the vast majority of the day which was a nuisance.

The rooms are quite nice with a nice computer desk, living room, moderately sized kitchen and a TV in the living room and bedroom. There is a fitness center I was able to use in lieu of a gym membership. The dumbbells only go up to 50lbs. but I was able to work around this.

We had previously stayed at the neighboring extended stay hotel and had an awful experience which I previously reviewed on this website.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob_Davis_41
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Rob_Davis_41,

Thank you so much for your posting regarding your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites Lafayette. I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience at another property but also happy that it brought you our way. It sounds like you had a great experience with us and the amenities that we offer. We are all so happy to hear that and are thankful for your recommendation towards choosing us for extended stay. We certainly hope your travels will bring you back our way.