“Best Lafayette Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Marksville, Louisiana, United States
“Best Lafayette Hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My hats off to the managers for having a wonderful staff. I was told the hotel was sold out for the weekend we stayed. You could not tell the staff was amazing every thing was very clean and well stocked. The breakfast was very good and very clean with so many people there. I definitely will be staying again. I give this hotel top ratings. The rooms were very large and the bed were so comfortable. I wish I could have taken the pillows home with me....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Gayle M
Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Gayle M,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel and our staff. We have a great team here and I am proud to be a part of it. I was happy to hear your comments regarding how we handled one of our busier nights. We certainly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next booking.

Guest Service Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a surgery nearby and the satay was perfect. I was able to receive a medical rate. There was complimentary dinner and breakfast. Rooms were very large with couch, chair, stove, sink, dishwasher, and fridge.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank JLD2222
Dear JLD2222,

Thank you for your recent posting regarding your stay with us. I'm glad that you found our rooms comfortable and accomodating and that we were able to apply the medical rate to your reservation. I hope that everything went well with the surgery. Thank you so much for helping us stay the #1 hotel in Lafayette, LA. We look forward to your next booking.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a few days during a work trip in Lafayette and our experience was fantastic. Our suite was large, spacious, spotless, convenient and luxurious. It also included two flat screen TVs, a fridge, dishwasher, and a blow dryer. The bed was super comfortable and plush. If one of us wanted to rest, the other could watch TV in the adjoining room to the bedroom.
The amenities were a plus! There was a great outdoor pool, jacuzzi and laundry service. They also served a great breakfast and dinner course.
For someone who travels for business quite a bit, the little things count and this hotel had it all. I wish I could've stayed longer.

Room Tip: Stay in the suite; we couldn't have asked for more with this room.
1 Thank irina_lyn
Dear irina_lyn,

I just read your tripadvisor posting regarding your recen stay with us and would like to thank you for choosing us as your home away from home while out on business. It sounds like you enjoyed pretty much every aspect of the hotel and that is what we truly strive for. More than just a hotel room, we want everyone to enjoy the experience. Thank you so much for writing and we hope that your travels will bring you back our way. We look forward to your next booking.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The room was lovely. The service was excellent, though the front desk seemed to not know much about local cultural attractions like Vermillionville. The dining area was large, clean and almost manor-like. But what impressed us the most is that not only is the free breakfast generous with a large variety of food (chocolate crepes one morning) but during weekdays, the hotel serves free dinner and drinks! I don't know about you guys, but that totally made up for any extra cost to stay in a Hilton. No driving out into a strange town searching for food like some lost refugee, you can relax after arriving. We had a very nice experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure they've fixed the service door on the back of the building. When we were there, it was...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Camilla R
Dear Camilia R,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were impressed with the room and service as well as the complimentary meals. They certainly are a great convenience and we often get surprised looks when we mention a complimentary dinner. I hope that your travels bring you back our way.

Gretna, United States
Reviewed 14 April 2014

PRO/ CON Slight problem encountered, front desk rectified immediately. PRO Matress most comfortable ever encountered Pillows are in excellent condition Overall cleanliness was good. Parking was easy with entrance nearby. Staff quickly handled all requests

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Sheryl B,

Thank you so much for your posting regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so glad that you found the bed and the room to be so comfortable. I do apologize for the problem you encountered, I hope it was nothing too serious. I am glad that we were able to resolve it quickly. I hope that your travels will bring you back our way. We look forward to your next booking.

Repentigny, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

For my first trip to Lafayette, LA, I found Homewood Suites to be well located, have quiet and comfortable accomodation, excellent breakfast/dinners and helpful staff. The hotel is close to many bistros, restaurants, airport, etc. You're also a few miles away to large shopping centres. This made a hassle-free business trip.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Patrick M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette-Airport, LA, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Rejan B,

Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you chose us as your place to stay for your first trip to Lafayette. We are equally happy to hear that your experience was a pleasurable one and that you were happy with our close proximity to so many dining and shopping areas. In fact, we can provide transportation to many of those locations with our hotel shuttle. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope that your travels will bring you back our way.

Alexandria, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I recommend this hotel. I enjoy the service each time I stay. This is my hotel of choice when staying in the Lafayette area. The complimentary breakfast is excellent. The location is very close to plenty of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mia Z,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your latest stay with us. We are so happy to have you as a loyal customer and hope that you will continue to use us as your home away from home when visiting the area. We look forward to your next visit.