“Consider Staying Here”

Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Lake Charles
“Consider Staying Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Recently I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a 3 day business trip. From the original call for the reservation I experienced a welcome friendly feeling from everyone involved. The reservation was made by a nice woman who was patient, courteous and professional. She gave me driving directions and was able to answer all my other questions. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by friendly staff who acted like they were glad I was there! The parking was right outside the door, the room and amenities
were fabulous. Microwave and refrigerator were included, couch, all new hotel with soothing green colors. The free full buffet breakfast was unexpected but greatly appreciated. There was shopping and restaurants right around the corner. The hotel was located in a great area so I felt safe and it was very clean. A comfortable bed, nice pillows, clean carpets and a big screen TV completed the package. Great hotel and I advise everyone to stay there while in Lafayette.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DebbieLakeCharles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

We had a mid size group opening a new location for our company and the SpringHill Suites was the perfect location. Rooms are clean, bright, spacious and comfortable. From the manager to the cleaning staff everyone went out of their way to make sure the group was taken care of. There are no complaints from this group and kudos to Simone she has been the most attentitive sales manager I have worked with.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank REDHEADSPOT
Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

My family enjoyed this new hotel near business and shopping districts. Very clean lobby and rooms with friendly staff. We slept 5 very comfortably with the fold out sofa. Our room had only one television, but did include a small refrigerator under a counter area near the room door. This hotel has a modern, sleek look with lots of comfortable seating in the lobby. We didn't have time for use of the pool. Breakfast offering was modest, but good, with hot scrambled eggs, sausages, waffles, bagels, English muffins and fresh fruit. Personally, I would have preferred stainless flatware and real plates to plastic and Styrofoam. This hotel is in a quiet neighborhood setting, so no noise to speak of. Many restaurants within walking distance or short drive.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the thanksgiving weekend we were there 5 days, the hotel was nice and clean, The rooms are big they have a nice bedroom area and a nice living room area with big TV, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker witch was nice, the only thing not so good was the clothes storage area there was only one small dresser under the TV. It was only two drawers I had to put my suite case on the stand and did not have any room to take my clothes out of the suite case. The bathroom although nice was large and yes the shower also leaked all over the floor the bath room mat was soaked and the water on the floor had to be wiped up. The breakfast was nice they had oatmeal, cereal and muffins and toast, the eggs were to be desired not too good they had frozen fruit also and waffles that you can make that was good. But overall customer service was good anything we asked for was basically taken care of.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and the view was of the town but it looks like all the rooms would have a...
Washington DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

Our family stayed two nights as part of a wedding group. The hotel is brand new and the details are still being worked out. Our room was spacious, but the floorplan of the bathroom is mystifying - lots of wasted space (and the shower door leaked). In a town like Lafayette where you have to work to find a bad meal - the breakfast was completely disappointing. Bland, institutional food with do-it-yourself service. The highlight for the kiddos was the waffle maker. I did use the gym which was very well situated with a view of the outdoor pool, stocked with towels, several tvs, good equipment and a water cooler. The best feature of the hotel is its staff. These are friendly, hard-working folks who made us feel welcome and valued at every opportunity.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

We spent three nights at the Springhill Suites at River Ranch. The hotel is new, clean, and modern. The rooms were spacious and well decorated. The bathroom shower is large, but there's no bathtub. The location is excellent, and the rooms were quiet.

However, for a city famous for its fantastic food, the breakfast offerings were a disappointment. Even by Springhill standards. So stay and enjoy, but eat somewhere else - there are so many good choices in Lafayette.

Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a wedding this past weekend. We were warned by the earlier arriving folks that breakfast was pretty horrible and that the hotel hadn't planned well for the number of people. By 8:00 AM guests were being told that the hotel had run out of plates, basic food items, and even coffee and cups. Marriott has gone to a uniquest computer system that is more than horrible. 30 plus minutes for a simple boarding pass to print, and that was a surprize since I was walking by the prninter that had not worked when I put my original print request in. I was the only guest know to have successfully printed a boarding pass that morning. Despite 4 attempts/requests, I was never connected to my daughter's room and had to use my cell phone.

The bolt connecting the toilet seat to the toilet base in our room broke when I reached behind me for some tissue. I am a very lean person...I can just hear the laughter....LOL. The rooms are very modern and comfortable with good climate control. I just don't get the soaring ceilings and the starkness. The beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay and forget the promised cheap breakfast. Worst of any Marriott chain I've ever stayed---I...