SpringHill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch
US$89
ComfortSuites
US$134
Homewood
Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette(Lafayette)
US$119
US$72
US$111
US$140
US$113
US$84
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfront deskshower doorshopping and restaurantsliving room areayogurtspacious roomnice sizefree breakfastexcellent hotellocation is greatbreakfast bari highly recommend this hotela great staybusiness tripstaff was friendlynew orleansdefinitely stay here again
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We loved this hotel!! They have it together on taking care of you and making your stay as smooth and comfortable as possible. Check in was very easy and I requested early check in (due to having a 2 yr old with us and had been driving all night) and also requested my sons family's room be next door or on the same floor..(of course this part is subject to availability) but the Hotel Check In got in touch with housekeeping to clean 2 rooms that were next to each other and told us to come back in an hour..and YES we got rooms next to each other and they were immaculate. I always check out the bathrooms and bedding and all were 10+!! I have back trouble and was very pleasantly surprised that I slept better on their beds than I do my own bed. Very comfortable,plenty of pillows, cover not too heavy (usually I throw it off) and well, it was a solace to come back to such a clean, spacious room..we did use the mini fridge and microwave. Everything was perfect. We are Marriott timeshare owners and stay in Marriott properties a lot and I found this hotel to be a 10plus on everything..check in, exceptionally good breakfast, check out a breeze, and the assistant manager, Joseph Richard was the friendliest and most helpful manager I think I have ever talked to..he was so gracious and accommodating. Have to mention the breakfast..had choices of Oikos yogurt, milk, orange juice, coffee reg or decaf, tea, creamer,,reg or flavor choices, waffles, eggs, canadian bacon, sausage, biscuit, ..well you get the idea...lots of choices and all was good and complementary. It is my hotel of choice in Lafayette (and I use to live there and highly recommend this one for comfort, service, location in that it is close to dining, movies, shopping, coffee shoppes, and boutiques...I wish I could rate it higher than a 10.

Room Tip: I rated a 5 on the restaurant which is really rating the breakfast in the mornings which is definitely a 5 star. We stayed on the 1st floor close to the ice machines and exit door and I found this quiet. No A/C noise and they cool very efficiently as we had to turn them up so they wouldn't come on it cooled so well and I am known for liking a cold room.
2  Thank Maggiez1a
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Great configuration for our family! We have four children and with the two queen beds and the sleeper sofa, we fit very well in these clean and nice rooms. The breakfast was really good as well, with very attentive employees who provided great customer service. Although it was a bit more of a drive for us (we were driving to FL for family vacation), the accommodations made the drive worth it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Mandi F, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Thanks SFredricks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and love that you and your family enjoyed your stay. While we are off the interstate, we hope that if your plans bring you back to the area, you will choose to stay with us again!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Spent a night here on our way to Florida with the family. The actual property is great, although it is a LONG drive off the highway. I wouldn't do it again. But, I don't think they should detract from the review of the actual hotel. It's new and modern. The rooms are quite spacious and the breakfast was great.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

This is a nice hotel, but we arrived during the midst of Lafayette's evening rush hour and getting to the hotel was a bit frustrating. The hotel is in a new location, but it seemed like we literally had to drive in a circle in order to get there. The hotel itself is relatively new, and the decor is trendy. The suite is nicely laid out, and the bed was very comfortable. The only issues we had were minor...the shower is very roomy; however, the glass door does not keep the water in so the bathmat ends up soaking wet. The hotel does provide Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner, which is a nice perk, but unfortunately we ended up with two conditioners and no shampoo, which I didn't realize until I was in the shower. To top that off, the electrical outlet by the bathroom sink (the sink is separate from the shower and toilet area, which I like) was not working, so needless to say, with my hair cleaned with conditioner only and no way to use my straightener, it ended up being a ponytail day. The staff was very friendly, and the breakfast bar was very well tended. You can tell that the gentlemen in charge of the breakfast area takes great pride in his job, and keeps everything clean and well stocked.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SerendipityFlipity
Mandi F, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Lafayette South at River Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thank you for the 4 star review, SerendipityFlipity. We appreciate you noting both the positive and negatives regarding your stay for it helps us pinpoint items in which we need to improve on to completely satisfy our guests. We are currently working on the shower door issue and I apologize for any inconvenience it gave you during your time here. We have also used the other 2 issues as retraining with our housekeeping and maintenance departments. I hope that you will visit us again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Other than being "smart" looking and clean, this hotel is very ordinary, and very very green... Everything is colored green, as in Kermit the Frog green. The back parking lot access is not well designed, as the back doors which lead to the bulk of the parking have an airlock area making in nearly impossible for a single person to manage a luggage cart and the doors. Then the sidewalk makes two ninety degree turns to get the cart out to the lot... And if there is a vehicle in the handicapped spot, access is all but gone.

The rooms have no drawers in which to put clothes. You get one small double door closet and one luggage rack. Your best bet is to set up the ironing board unless you want to be retrieving all you clothing from bags on the floor or putting the bags on the bed to get your clothes and then back on the floor to sleep.

The bathroom sink area is very small, but has cubby holes to store your overnight kits. The lighting in the sink area is awful for makeup or shaving... too bad it could night be lighted as well as the rest of the room. The shower is awesome, but so high up on the wall I had to stand on my tiptoes to reach the flow adjustment and I am 5'10". The shower in our room on the fourth floor did not drain well at all. A ten minute shower produced over two inches of standing water. The bathroom fan is very quiet and the tub and toilet are in the same enclosure... Not my personal preference.

The ice machines and elevators are quite noisy. The ice makers sound like running vacuum sweepers and the elevators "bong" loudly enough to wake a light sleeper in a room nearby.

The lobby and breakfast areas are co-located, relatively spacious and breakfast is well stocked. The gentleman tending the breakfast area is a consummate professional, paying attention to every detail. Breakfast is the same as most hotels with the exception of canned pears and strawberries in addition to the usual bananas and apples. No one in my group liked the coffee. All the locals stated that they should switch to "Community" coffee.

The beds were comfortable and there were lots of pillows. The sofa is L-shaped with little throw pillows and the desk has a comfy web chair. The tv is large and swivels to either room. Its stand has the only small drawer in the room.

Staff was nice, but if you want a receipt for payment you must request one.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

We apologize that your stay was not to your 100% satisfactory. If you have any additional comments that we could use to better the hotel for yourself and future guests, please don't hesitate to contact us directly at 337.981.5512. We appreciate your honesty in response.