“This is a great place to stay the night”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I travel all around the state every week for years with my job. This is one of the best places I've stayed at. VERY clean. Very nice. Super friendly people. Kudos to James at night. Always calls me by name. Fixes my bill to my corporate rate before I even check in. All the staff are very friendly. Brought my wife there once and she was also very impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the service from James. Breakfast is good, just wish they had bacon more often and a microwave to heat the pastries. If I'm anywhere around this area, it is definitely my first choice to stay here. And I'm on the road 3-5 nights a week every week. Just make your reservations early because they do tend to fill up.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and are about the same. Only thing is, if you plan to sleep late, get a room at t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your experiences at our property. My staff and I take great pride in delivering service beyond expectations to our guests. I will certainly make sure James is recognized for his efforts and will definitely take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. It has been a pleasure taking care of you during your many visits to Lafayette and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Being probably the only person without an driving licence and staying for a long duration of 6 weeks, Comfort Suite offered to bring me to and back from work daily. I was astonished by their great hospitality and goodwill despite the fact that they have only one shuttle vehicle. The staffs took turns to drive me every morning/afternoon over a period of more than 30 days without complain. On some busy days, when they are down on manpower, the manager himself will come and fetch me! This truly shown how good their service were.
Breakfast were always fresh and tasty.
Room service always is done up nicely with new sheets and towels.
Staffs are extremely friendly not just at the front desk but everywhere else.
Gym is well maintained and clean.
Even received a souvenir pack from the manager (Daniel) and team during my last day of stay.
Would like to take this opportunity to thank them so much and would greatly recommend anyone else to stay in this hotel for sure!
Would love to come back to this hotel as and when if I have the chance to travel to Lafayette again.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms on the extreme right after exiting from the lift, there is stairs and shortcut exit t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr. Chiam,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly a pleasure taking care of you during your extended visit to Lafayette. My staff and I take great pride in delivering service beyond expectations to our guests. I will most certainly share your comments with everyone here. I wish you the best of luck with your new job and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at hotel for two weeks and cannot begin to compliment the staff enough. Everyone was very friendly, knowledgable, accomodating and helpful. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable. The facilities are extremely clean and very well maintained. All Choice hotels could use this facility as their example for true hospitality management. The equipment in the gym was well maintained as well as all the other facilities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
AFGros, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Than you Mark F from Michigan! We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Cajun Country!

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The evening and morning hotel front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was good and restocked frequently. The rooms were large enough and comfortable. A bit far off I-10 but worth the extra few miles. Good value.

Stayed: March 2014

Hi Jenn, thank you for going the extra mile to find us during your recent visit to Lafayette. Yes, we are a little hard to find, but we think we are worth the effort also! We have some terrific employees who love what they do! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Traveling through on the way to Florida. We made reservations ahead. Amelia, who took the reservation, was so helpful and made such an effort to make sure we were comfortable, then when we got there went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we found the right place for us to eat - (not noisy, good local cuisine) and then gave us directions. The young man at the evening dining was equally helpful, providing second opinion. The breakfast perfect. What a team. The only down was the difficulty getting there, although once there you're well located in town and close to lots of good dining. We will return when we are in the area again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear lucia d,

I am very pleased that you and your family had an enjoyable pit stop on the way to Florida. My staff and I take great pride in the service we provide to our guests, as you can see. Amelia is certainly an asset to our team. I'm sorry you had some trouble finding us. I know we are nestled back off of the road. It makes it harder to find, but definitely helps provide a quiet environment. I'm glad you were able to experience some of the fantastic cuisine that Lafayette has to offer. We look forward to seeing you again when you come back through town! Hopefully, you can stay a little longer next time. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Everything is always great at this hotel staff friendly helpful, great location,nice room except the Wi Fi service is terrible. I find this to be common in most of the Choice Hotels I stay in. I am here on business so being repeatly dumped from my e-mail and taking forever to get on the web is something I can't tolerate. This is a regular problem every time I stay. The problem is most of the choice hotels where I am required to stay by my company have the same problem. The difference is the others are $30 cheaper per night. I think I will give LaQuinta a shot I am allowed to stay there i'll see if the wi fi is any better. Everything else about this hotel is great

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi Mr. Jim,

I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay, once again, at our award winning Comfort Suites in Lafayette. I am very sorry that the WIFI connectivity was less than satisfactory during your visit with us. I certainly understand the importance of hassle-free internet service as it is nearly impossible to get any work done without it these days. There is actually no such thing as negative feedback as we cannot fix a problem that we do not know about. Even with a stellar internet service provider such as ours, there are times that, due to increased occupancy, hang ups can occur with the service. Once it is brought to our attention we can ensure that the problem is quickly resolved in order to minimize the inconvenience to our guests. We certainly would love for you to return to the Comfort Suites and are currently working hand in hand with our provider to prevent further internet issues in the future. Thank you so much for your honest review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Nice gym. Washer and dryer available which was great as we had been on the road for five days and needed to wash a few things. Breakfast was typical....good but nothing out of the ordinary but I didn't expect it to be. Friendly and very accommodating front desk staff!
A good value.

Room Tip: Easy to miss the entrance to the hotel....just keep a close eye for entry!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AFGros, President of Operations at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites during your stay in Lafayette. We also think that our award winning property is a good value. With a full hot buffet breakfast, free Wi-Fi and friendly service, we offer a great bargain for our guests. We hope to see you again when you are visiting the South!