“Good Hotel for the Price”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed for two nights at this hotel when we were in town for a baseball tournament. For the price, the quality was good. Check-in was quick and easy and the two workers who checked us in were very friendly.

The bedroom and sofa area are spacious enough where you can leave the sofabed down (and the maid did), and the divider is enough to feel the separation between the bedroom and living area.

Breakfast was sufficient with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, pastries, yogurt, waffles (chocolate and plain), etc. We also used the pool which was a little smaller than it appeared in the photos but big enough to hold all of the people we had in four rooms and then some.

The only cons I have are:

Our room did not appear to be completely clean. The bathroom could have used a litte more attention. Also there was a rootbeer bottle on the bedside table and it smelled like someone had just eaten their lunch in our room (and I noticed the microwave was on 23 seconds so that could be a possibility). The refrigerator smelled like leftovers too so maybe a box of baking soda might help that for future guests.

There weren't any bedsheets for the sofabed and only one small pillow for a room that holds four people. I had to go to the front desk to request sheets and the one person working the front desk had to piecemeal together what they had.

We got to the pool around 8 p.m. and there were only three towels left. My husband went to ask about more towels and was told there wouldn't be anymore, the person on duty was the only one working and basically she didn't have the time to deal with the pool area.

It was very convienient to where we needed to go and to access to food but not sure I would stay here again as I would like to try other properties in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear AandMColes,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is extremely important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

I am glad that you enjoyed your check in experience, as well as breakfast and the pool. However, I am very sorry about the cleanliness issues you encountered upon checking into your suite. Thank you so much for bringing those items to my attention so I can address them with our housekeeping staff. There is no excuse for the poor attitude of the staff member you encountered at the desk in the evening. We pride ourselves in doing whatever is neccessary to take care of our guests, regardless of how busy we are. Rest assured, we will address that problem, as well. You bring up a very good point regarding the lack of linens for the sofa bed. We don't leave the linen for the sofa bed in the room since they aren't used on a regular basis. Right now linens are given out by request directly from our laundry room to ensure they are fresh. We will certainly look at more efficient options going forward, though.

Once again, thank you for providing us with such valuable feedback. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The lobby was very clean and the people working behind the desk were very friendly. Our room was clean, the beds were comfortable, Would be nice if the TV would swivel. The bathroom is nice just wish they had a towel rack. The breakfast is good. Wish they had a microwave to warm up the pastries. Love the waffles and the lady working there is so friendly and she kept everything filled. We did use the pool and the water was clean and the area around the pool was well kept up. My only problem with the pool area is that there were 2 men sitting in the pool area drinking beer and smoking. They used a luggae rack to carry their ice chest. I mentioned this to the lady when we checked out and she said as long as it was not glass bottles that they can drink around the pool. I do not think that should be allowed but that will not stop us from staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear crjrsj41082,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your visit. Our staff thrives on delivering exceptional guest service with a clean and friendly environment. I will share your kind words with the rest of our team. It's always great to get positive feedback. We will certainly take your comments into consideration regarding the TV swivel and microwave in the breakfast area. I apologize that your otherwise enjoyable pool experience was somewhat interrupted by the individuals you mentioned. We will take a closer look at our pool area policies, as well. Have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a good location and walking distance to food. The place must be brand new. Nice rooms, very nice beds and sitting area with play space for the baby. we enjoyed the nice pool and hot breakfast before leaving. We will return.

• Stayed: May 2014
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Beth A,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was an absolute pleasure taking are of you and the little one. There is certainly no shortage of great restaurants in Lafayette. I'm glad you were able to enjoy a couple of them during your visit, as well as our pool. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here 2 nights and had a great experience. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Here's the breakdown of the excellent and the ever-so-slightly less than excellent -

The excellent: firm but comfortable bed, lots of towels in the bath, lots of lamps, tons of electrical outlets (much more than I've ever seen in a hotel room, but great to have), friendly staff, and everything was super clean - rooms, halls, breakfast area, lobby.

The ever-so-slightly less than excellent: (1) breakfast was very good, lots of choices, but you only had a single meat choice. I'm not a fan of ham/Canadian bacon, so maybe put out some bacon or sausage with that to round out the meat selection. The scrambled eggs seem to be of the powdered variety (seems like many hotels have this kind). And since you're in the south, how about some real grits instead of the add boiling water kind? (2) TV - it was a small flat-screen, maybe 27-32 inch and it didn't swivel so that you could see it nicely from the bed or from the couch. Definitely needs an upgrade to both the size and the swivel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dcraw999
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear dcraw999,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites - Oil Center. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will certainly share your kind words regarding our rooms, staff and cleanliness with the rest of our team. I also thank you for giving us valuable feedback about the areas we can improve upon. We will certainly take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. You are correct about the fact that some of our TV's do not swivel. We will be looking to solve this issue in the near future. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and I understand there is always room for improvement. Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I travel all around the state every week for years with my job. This is one of the best places I've stayed at. VERY clean. Very nice. Super friendly people. Kudos to James at night. Always calls me by name. Fixes my bill to my corporate rate before I even check in. All the staff are very friendly. Brought my wife there once and she was also very impressed with the cleanliness of the place and the service from James. Breakfast is good, just wish they had bacon more often and a microwave to heat the pastries. If I'm anywhere around this area, it is definitely my first choice to stay here. And I'm on the road 3-5 nights a week every week. Just make your reservations early because they do tend to fill up.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and are about the same. Only thing is, if you plan to sleep late, get a room at t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your experiences at our property. My staff and I take great pride in delivering service beyond expectations to our guests. I will certainly make sure James is recognized for his efforts and will definitely take your breakfast suggestions into consideration. It has been a pleasure taking care of you during your many visits to Lafayette and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Being probably the only person without an driving licence and staying for a long duration of 6 weeks, Comfort Suite offered to bring me to and back from work daily. I was astonished by their great hospitality and goodwill despite the fact that they have only one shuttle vehicle. The staffs took turns to drive me every morning/afternoon over a period of more than 30 days without complain. On some busy days, when they are down on manpower, the manager himself will come and fetch me! This truly shown how good their service were.
Breakfast were always fresh and tasty.
Room service always is done up nicely with new sheets and towels.
Staffs are extremely friendly not just at the front desk but everywhere else.
Gym is well maintained and clean.
Even received a souvenir pack from the manager (Daniel) and team during my last day of stay.
Would like to take this opportunity to thank them so much and would greatly recommend anyone else to stay in this hotel for sure!
Would love to come back to this hotel as and when if I have the chance to travel to Lafayette again.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms on the extreme right after exiting from the lift, there is stairs and shortcut exit t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Mr. Chiam,

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was truly a pleasure taking care of you during your extended visit to Lafayette. My staff and I take great pride in delivering service beyond expectations to our guests. I will most certainly share your comments with everyone here. I wish you the best of luck with your new job and we look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed at hotel for two weeks and cannot begin to compliment the staff enough. Everyone was very friendly, knowledgable, accomodating and helpful. Everyone went above and beyond to ensure that I was comfortable. The facilities are extremely clean and very well maintained. All Choice hotels could use this facility as their example for true hospitality management. The equipment in the gym was well maintained as well as all the other facilities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
AFGros, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Than you Mark F from Michigan! We are glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Cajun Country!