“AUTHENTIC MEXICAN FOOD”

La Pagua
Ranked #101 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 July 2013

FRESH, authentic Mexican food! I would say the best Mexican Food in town hands down!!! We didn't know about this restaurant until we saw the gathering outside one Saturday evening. The Verde' Sauce is from scratch I would have to guess(you have to ask for it and then they will bring it to the table). Great chips and salsa(best in town for sure). The frozen margarita swirl is my favorite and the 3 enchilada's plate are delicious!!!

There are newer reviews for La Pagua

Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

I visited La Pagua for Mother's Day lunch. My middle-school aged daughter had been raving about the place for months, so I knew she'd be excited to take me. My husband had the shrimp tacos. He said that the tacos could have used more shrimp but he liked the flavor. My daughter had the chicken quesadillas off of the appetizer menu as her main course and it was as good as she remembered. I had the enchiladas with mole sauce and it was delicious. The servers were great and they even pinned me with a flower for Mother's Day!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

My other half and I have been eating at this restaurant since they opened, but due to the small size of the place they were located, we kept this great restaurant to ourselves. Now with the bigger location which still fills up fast, we can sing the praises of this restaurant. We have tried just about everything on the menu and like everything offered. I usually get the Tres Pagua Enchilada Dinner with Barbacoa meat or just 1 of every taco. The bathrooms are clean and the service is always great. They are open everyday except sunday for lunch and dinner. The owner is always present and usually check on our table once each visit, except when extremely busy.

6  Thank Guido65
Reviewed 9 April 2013

For the last two years everyone has told me what an amazing restaurant this was. Not one person I had talked to said the food was average or not good. Everyone raved about it.
I finally had the chance to try it and was not disappointed. The food is so amazingly fresh, not like a typical Mexican restaurant. The wait was worth it.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I am really happy to have this restaurant here in Lafayette, and I wish there were more quality restaurants like it here. I have been enjoying their food since the old location and now that they are more visible they are busier than ever. There is almost always a line but I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a table.

1  Thank Russell B