“very good!!!!!!”

La Pagua
Ranked #132 of 564 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Louisiana
“very good!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

if you are lookin for something a more authentic, this is the place to go for mexican food. great service, great food and margaritas

Visited June 2014

Louisiana
“Authentic and Comforting Mexican Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wow! I was surprised at how much I liked this restaurant! I went here because La Fonda's was closed (I love La Fonda) and I was delighted with my dinner! The avocado dip was delicious!! The pupusas were fabulous!! I ordered mine filled with beans and cheese, and what a comforting dish! Love this!!
I also ordered the cheese enchilada plate (I'm a vegetarian) and it came with so much food! The enchiladas were yummy as were the refried beans and rice
I loved all of my food, including the chips and salsa at the beginning.
The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the margarita was more like a refreshing lemon or limeade. I could not imagine more than a drip of tequila being in it. It was delicious, but like I said, it wasn't an alcoholic drink for me.
Another suggestion would be for them to add some festive lighting for their small outdoor patio, however, it would only be for the smokers who gathered out there.

• Visited July 2014
Kaplan, Louisiana
“You MUST try La Pagua!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I are OBSESSED with Mexican cuisine! We are constantly trying new restaurants hoping to hit the culinary jackpot. La Pagua is it! This place is the real deal. The menu has something for everyone, from (what I would call) basic Mexican staples like nachos, fajitas, burritos, to authentic tacos (al pastor, barbacoa, lengua, etc.), huevos rancheros, and pupusas. Their tortilla soup is a great starter, as well as their queso dip. Whenever we are dining out with friends, we love to meet at La Pagua!

The flavors, like the portions are huge, you've got to try this place!

• Visited May 2014
Houma
“Fresh Mex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

If you want a family owned/run/head chef type of mexican cuisine restaurant stop here. I feel as though it should be featured on the diners, drive ins and dives. I could see Guy Fieri back on the kitchen taping a show. I always get the enchiladas on my first visit to a mexican place. I rate them on that for the first visit. I was not let down the tortilla tasted homemade and fresh and the meat and sauce were spot on. I added a tamale on the side for good measure. The waiter
Even made a joke about do I want it on the left side or the right. Kinda corny but at least he had a personality which is more then what you can say for most severs these days.

Cat Spring, Texas
“Pretty close to Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Tried one of the few Good Mexican eateries in Lafayette & was surprised at the quality & authentic Mexican dishes at this establishment Worth the stop should you be in the area. Not cheap but they make up in the portions & taste as this would be the final outcome when parting with $10+ for the average meal. This is the first place on my travels in South La which has Menudo and was one of the best tasting I have had as the other Mex places do not have on the menu.
Might just be the go too Tex Mex place now. Try it.

• Visited May 2014