“No sleep that night!!”

Ranked #38 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Houston, Texas
“No sleep that night!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Rooms open to parking area. The outside area was very loud with residents talking outside after midnight. At 3:00 am woman next door yelled for someone to call the police when she was pushed outside along with her suitcase onto the sidewalk. Fire extinguisher was missing on wall outside the room as well as outside lighting was out by room. This hotel is not in a good area. Beware!! I guess it is difficult to screen your guests. I also wonder if the rooms were rented by the hour.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The rooms are musky and damp feeling, but clean. Beds and pillows are good. When you first go, it feels like it may be scary but is actually perfectly safe.

Staff is great. Zero complaints and I've stayed there 3 times.

Breakfast is better than any other budget hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I really enjoy this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the rooms where clean. They have a nice select for breakfast in the morning and the breakfast area was very neat. The prices are reasonable. The front desk clerk was very quick and efficient. I would stay to this hotel again and we will recommend to our friends and family's. thanks a bunch to the staff at quality inn for making our stay a awesome stay...

Room Tip: Bottom floor has better Internet connection
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Brad H, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lafayette North/I-10, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We here at the Quality Inn of Lafayette try to make the guest's stay as great as posible.
Lee-On-The-Solent, Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Spent two nights here. Our room was standard with lots of storage but there was a smell from the carpet which was stained and looked as though it had not been changed for years.The basin tap only dribbled hot or cold water and the tiles in the shower had some black mould. The tiles were the 4" white square ones popular in the 1970's and had beenpatched several times.
Having said that the breakfast was good and the manager helpful and friendly, he said he would get maintenance onto the tap. I would probably stay somewhere else next time or check the room before accepting it, that carpet definately was not for walking on with bare feet! The poor rating for cleanliness is based on the carpet and mould, the rest of the room was good.

Room Tip: Check the room before you make the booking.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I appologize for your stay not being as great as it should be. We here at the Quality Inn of Lafayette strive to make sure a stay is comfortable, safe and meets a guest expectaions. I would like to make sure we take care of our guest that are unsatisified. If you would call me at 337-234-0383 I would like to personaly take care of your concerns and make amends. Thanks for your comments, it helps us grow, and see the areas we need to improve.

Best regards,

Brad Hodges
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

I really enjoy this hotel. I had my 3 year old daughter with me this time and I must say their rooms ARE kid friendly! She could reach everything she needed to get or do! She was impressed and so was I. I mean to say, I also see alot of bad review but you get what you pay for..rooms are only $60. If y'all wanted 5 star treatment shoulda went to the Hilton. I'm just saying "Don't Rain on Everyone's Parade" because I had a great stay with a toddler!

Room Tip: Just ask for a suite(bout $10 higher) or a handicapped room (same price) they are alot more spacious...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
kirby,tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

We stayed at this property while in transit from Houston to New Orleans.We were moving and got separated from my husband so of course we were tired and short on patience and just wanted to shower and sleep. Unfortunately, I booked this hotel using my husbands points, I picked this hotel because it was one of the few that had the room type I wanted at the point value I could afford, only to find out I would have done much better to have just spent a few more points and gotten a better hotel.Now I must say, I have stayed at several other Quality Inn and Suites in San Antonio and others, and I never had such a horrible experience and didn't expect to have a bad experience based on what I knew of the others I had stayed at before.
This hotel was run down, the outside could fool you, but the rooms were poorly put together, and the staff was basically unable to help as there was only one man available late at night and he was disabled. We requested a roll-away for a disabled child, we did not receive one and were told it was not possible to get one. There were numerous hairs on the sheets on both beds,that is, the sheets that were SUPPOSED to be clean.Our phone in the room was broken meaning that the only way to reach the office was to either go to the office personally (it was very cold and very late when we arrived), or to use our cell phone and I have pre-paid. One of my biggest pet peeves of any hotel, no matter how old, or poorly cared for they are is NOISE. At 3am in the morning there were people outside my door, just by the stairwell, talking and laughing loudly for about two hours.Because I was undressed I could not go to the office to complain,because the phone was broken I could not call, and because there were several large men in the group I was worried about sticking my head out of the door to fuss at them. By the time 4am came around I was exhausted and ready to strangle someone, and as the group got louder and louder, they finally woke my baby up, at which point I pulled on my pants and stuck my head out the door and yelled "DO YOU MIND? YOU JUST WOKE UP MY BABY!" At that time they apologized but continued to talk outside for about 30 more minutes. I had to get up the next morning to continue on my journey, I was late because of the lack of sleep and felt jet-lagged for two days afterwards.I did insist on talking to the manager the next morning, who was, of course, unavailable, but the acting supervisor did say she was make sure my points were returned to me. They didn't seem too concerned that I had had such a terrible experience or that their representation of the Choice Hotels brand was very poorly made. I have not yet reported this to Choice Hotels, which we are rewards members at a Diamond Level, but plan to do so as soon as possible. If a hotel tries honestly to make amends for their short-comings I certainly will hold no ill will towards them, but when they blatantly ignore the anguish of a valued guest it becomes evident that they are unconcerned with the woes of the very people they are put there to serve.I would not return to this hotel for any reason nor would I ever suggest that anyone else do so.

Room Tip: If you had to choose, best to stay closer to the office I suppose.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank bluebonnetintx
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We chose this hotel because the price was cheap and it was right on the way where we were going on our roadtrip. Some pros of the hotel was that the staff was friendly, the price was amazing, the beds were comfy, and the lobby area was very updated. The breakfast was ok and it filled us up. The pool was nice but it needed to be cleaned (the staff should scoop it out every morning). Some cons were that in the room the decor was ok but the room was dark and dank. We were in room 134. Also, the carpet looked awefully dirty and the room reeked of old mildew. It was aweful! The shower curtain was also mildewed. As we were packing up the car our hotel door was open and the housekeeping crew parked there cart there and just waited for us to leave. I felt as though we were being rushed out. I did not like this. If the hotel can redecorate the carpet, room, and remove the mildew smell, it would be a great little deal for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family