“Not up to the standards of other Quality Inns”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lafayette North/I-10
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Calgary, Canada
“Not up to the standards of other Quality Inns”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall, this unfortunately wasn't a great experience. When we checked in, the first thing we noticed going into the room was that it smelled of fresh paint (one would hope that a freshly painted room wouldn't be used for a couple of days to let the smell out). The fixtures (taps, shower, lights) were rather rusty (to the point where it actually caught your eye and stood out), and the TV was a small cathode-ray tube device with very poor reception on most channels.

The coffee maker had no carafe, and I went to the front desk to ask for one. The person at the front desk initially told me there were no coffee makers! After I reiterated that we had not only found a coffee maker in the room but also packets of coffee and tea, he told me he would call maintenance to get me a carafe. This carafe unfortunately never arrived.

The breakfast was also subpar. Even though the selection was fairly typical of a Quality Inn, the waffle mix was very sour and had likely gone bad, and a number of other items looked stale as well. The coffee did not taste good, and the hot water for the tea was essentially lukewarm (and since the microwave in the lobby wasn't plugged in, you could not actually make tea). I'm hoping this was just a bad day for the hotel, rather than a consistent trend.

Overall, I don't think I would stay here again, unfortunately.

Pros: Good location, just off of the I-10, and near other restaurants in Lafayette (if you go along the Evangeline Thruway you'll see lots of restaurants). The beds were decent and comfortable, and they appeared clean. Wi-Fi worked reasonably well. The room does have a fridge/freezer, which is always nice.

Cons: As above (fixtures/carpets need replacing, breakfast not good, service from hotel staff wasn't great, and the TV didn't work properly)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We spent 3 nights here on our road trip. We had a room with a King bed, microwave, fridge and free Wi-Fi. The room was nicely furnished, clean and everything worked well. The staff was terrific. When we had a problem with the TV, it was corrected within 15 minutes. The included breakfast was average for this type of hotel but well organized. We were very happy with this stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Harry P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Lafayette North/I-10, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with Quality Inn, Lafayette LA We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal has always been to provide the best possible value in the few amenities we do have, while working to add to them. From you comments it sounds like we are succeeding and we really appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much for being our valued guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

The reviews prior to this we're pretty positive, so we booked here. Very inexpensive bit not at all up to previous reviews. First - our room was damp and musty, the ceilings were a mess, the carpet old and stained and the room incredibly small. The bed was okay. It did have a fridge which was good. Breakfast was not great. All the usual stuff but there were no more eggs left and he filled the yogurt fridge just after I had grabbed one of my own. Pool dirty - not that I came here to swim. I'd pay extra for a nicer spot.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lesley S
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel is old and in dire need of renovation. Everything in the hotel and our room was worn, drab, or dingy. The light over the sink near the microwave/refrigerator/clothes rack would go off for no apparent reason. The shower would give you either too hot water or cold--no in-between temperature and if you tried to get warm water, the shower head would shut off! The bed was uncomfortable. The elevator was creaky and gave a bumpy ride. My husband and I were scheduled to stay in this hotel for two nights but after one night, checked out and went to a very nice Holiday Inn Express in a town nearby.

Maple Falls, Washington
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Dirty is the first word that comes to mind. To begin, the walkways outside the rooms were dirty and unkept. Once inside the room, the beds were uncomfortable and the bedspreads just had a dirty feel to them, although I will say that the linen seemed fresh. The carpet was just plain grimy. The heat vent in the bathroom was covered with dirt, and the towels were dirty, I'm guessing, as a result of air blowing out of the dirty vents. Breakfast food was slow to be replenished, and the coffee cups were awfully small. Need to get flat screen TVs in the rooms, too, please. The hotel simply seemed old and dated. It's in need of refurbishment. I do have to say that the hotel staff was very friendly and courteous, and the lobby was neat and clean. I wish that would carry over to the rooms. Not a great experience, and sadly, it seems that Choice Hotels in general have a serious consistency problem within its brands.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This old, 3-story hotel was drab. The bed was old and uncomfortable. The light over the sink in the room outside of the bathroom area had a bad transformer and took at least 2 minutes to go on. Breakfast food was gone by 8:15 am and we had to ask the clerk to put out more food for us. Coffee cups were extremely small. Juice cups were larger than coffee cups. Outside garbage cans were grimy and unsightly as they were in in plain view. TV was the old style. Our room had a new carpet though. Lobby is neat and clean. Staff friendly.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is my second stay at the Quality Inn. The rooms were good with lot of space and it also provides nice pool and spacious parking lot facilities. The front desk staff was very cooperative.
The break fast was the best for an affordable price. Over all, I recommend it for a nice experience of stay at an affordable price. Looking forward to stay in the future !!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends