Rodeway Inn Lafayette
Plantation Inn(Lafayette)
  • Fitness centre
  • Spa
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I was on a 3 day journey from Orlando, FL to Texas. After driving 12 hours my friend and I pulled into this Motel for some much needed sleep. Let me preface this by saying, I've stayed in some terrible hotels/motel throughout the world. This place took the cake. Cockroaches, mold, foul smells, cigarette burns in the linens, scary people hanging around. This place should be shut down or renamed the Notell Motel. Needless to say it was late, we slept with a .45 on the nightstand and got out of there by 3:30am.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Shellstexas
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We arrived late, and when I to let them know that, was told there was not a room with two beds available. I had a reservation and confirmation number so was not happy to hear that. I was put on hold and then told that there was ONE more room, with two beds. When we arrived, the check in was quick and easy. The room was by the pool which did not look as to have been cleaned recently. The room smelled of some sort of chemical, maybe bug spray. The mattresses both sank to the middle. The carpet had not been vacuumed, and was old and disgusting. There was no way I would walk barefoot on that. There were dirty towels hanging in the bathroom behind the door. There were hairs on bathroom floor and around toilet. The room had obviously NOT been cleaned after the last guest had departed. That was not the worst though. There were live and dead roaches in the a/c unit. It had not been cleaned in a very long time. We also saw 2 roaches crawling along the end of the bed on the floor and another crawling along the counter the tv sits on.
The clerk was very nice and apologetic when I told her we would NOT be staying. We were given a full refund (we had only been there 15 minutes) She said she would report all to the manager.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank guest556655
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Traveling across country can be tiring and better yet with a car full of kids and pets. Fortunately, this motel accepts pets. And beggars can't be choosers.
The on site attendant was very courteous and gave good directions. That was a plus considering the remote location; a frontage road of I-49/I-10.
The motel itself was dated but toward the later part of the evening the motel was to capacity with interstate travelers and maybe a few long term residents.
I felt safe enough to walk my two dogs around the buildings and everyone for the most part kept to themselves. There was a police officier on site late morning and a state police building down the road.
The room itself was efficient for just sleep. The carpeted floor was very sticky but then again I had pets...
So if in a bind; it will do.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is one of those motels that needed to close years ago, but somebody is holding out. There is an abandoned motel next door in just about the same shape, and it's been empty for over 5 years. This is truly a building left behind after the road closed to reroute an Interstate. The only other occupied building is a motorcycle gang clubhouse next door. It's unsafe for any number of other reasons though. The door on my room had obviously been jimmied open with a crowbar, and probably never was very secure. Over all, the place is worn out and has been repaired poorly so many times that it is probably costing more to keep it open than it's worth. BUT, it's a place to stay when people have little money because it is cheap. It is cheap because they supply you with nothing but soap, a TV, and towels, and that is seriously it. There isn't even a microwave that a guest can use anywhere in the place. One night the clerk would heat a heating pad I need for a medical condition, while the next night the clerk would say it was against safety policy or against food handling laws, when what they really meant was, "I'm not getting up off of my lazy butt to heat that thing for you." To say that I am totally fed up with Motel 6 is beyond fact. I'm tired of less than the standard at even the cheapest motel, and would gladly pay the extra $10 to have a microwave and a mini-fridge, something that pretty much every other motel provides. N\Motel 6 even charges $3.00 a night to use WiFi! This is another thing that even hamburger joints provide these days but Motel 6 won't. The air coming from the air conditioners smells of mildew and urine, and you can look into the grates and see they haven't been cleaned in years. It's beyond what you would think any health department would allow. I generally get upset when people pick motels apart as if they are looking for the simplest things that are wrong, but I have to say that at the Motel 6 places I have stayed on this trip you don't have to look for anything. The offenses are so obvious it is embarrassing to a national chain. This in one joint that needs to be on that Undercover Boss program. I'll bet they wouldn't spend a single night in one of these dirthole rooms and just let it slide by. I had a spilled oil stain three feet across in the middle of the carpet and it smelled so bad that it was making me heave. They said maybe after I left the room they could clean it up a little, but the cleaning agent might be too strong for me. Screw me in the meantime. Understand that this is simply my opinion based upon my own bad luck (I hope), because if all Motel 6 rooms are like this, then someone should shut them down. I'm about to vomit right now because of the stink coming from the AC in another Motel 6 I am in as I spray another blast of Lysol. I've cancelled the rest of my reservations after this third place. I just couldn't believe they'd all be so bad. It's wrong that I'd have to do this, but tomorrow I am going to clean the damn AC myself so I don't have to breathe this putrid air. I'm sure that is against safety policies too, but nobody around here is going to do anything, and I'll bet on that.

Room Tip: Run in any direction. Spend a few dollars more and avoid this place. Nice staff sometimes, but the place is a health and safety disaster.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Staff is very pleasant, helpful. Room and bathroom clean. Fitness room is a plus. Nobody bothered me. They did appear to have some long-term residents, might be unsettling to some. Everything was in working order. Quiet despite construction on the thruway. Maid service was the only disappointment. I am very neat and I didn't expect her to clean up after me but she didn't make the bed or wash the few dishes I left in the sink. I think she only removed the garbage. Great price for what you get.

Room Tip: Worth staying at if you are looking for an inexpensive room that is clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business