“Just another motel 6”

Ranked #40 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Horn Lake, Mississippi
“Just another motel 6”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Let's just start of my same really ashtrays in a non-smoking room what is up with that. stains on the walls ,dead bugs on the walls, the shower curtain only has half the hooks the bed is basically falling apart the wire in the box spring is sticking out the side crazy people in the parking lot just like any other motel 6 but on the plus side the lady at the front desk was real nice and very fast at her job got me checked in with the quickness

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Guardamar del segura
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The weather was terrible and we just wanted an easy hotel for the night.. And the first sign we saw when we came off the highway was for motel 6. Wouldn't have been our first choice.. Certainly not if we'd read the reviews! As it is, the room is clean, bed comfortable, nice restaurant around the corner, and we can park outside our room, which is a plus... We even managed to do our washing. We're pretty tired, on our way to New Orleans and didn't want to do it in the rain, so we're spending another night here. I read the review about the roaches, and was a bit afraid to turn off the lights, but all was ok.. On the whole, this motel is very good for the price.

Room Tip: Get there early if you want to park outside your room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 4 February 2014

TWICE we were awakened in the middle of the night with roaches CRAWLING ON US!!!!!!

When the light was turned on, more roaches were on the walls!

Needless to say this was a disgusting horrible hotel experience that was the worst I have ever had.

There were other numerous issues with the hotel (like visible rats traps), but why bother with details. Just do yourself a favor, and don't stay here.

Additionally, when the problem was reported to the front desk, I basically was told "we're sorry." When the problem was reported to corporate, I received an email that basically said "we're sorry," though they did say they looked forward to serving me in the future. Fat chance of that happening!

As far as I can tell, that will be the extent of the Motel 6 response.

I wish I could rate the overall company also. Not only is the hotel ridiculously poor, so is the company's customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RDS2014
Milwaukee
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We needed a place to stay for the night on a roadtrip, and this was the most inexpensive place that would take dogs. We checked out the room before agreeing to rent because we had previously had a terrible experience in a Motel 6 -- I highly suggest doing this first! The first room had a loud air conditioner so we got a different room. The room was pretty clean and quiet. The TV worked well, and the fan / air conditioner worked quite well. The bed was not uncomfortable but still a little too hard. There were cute quilts, but they still had a few holes in them from cigarette burns. It worked for our needs for the night.

The employee told us the rooms will be renovated in a few months, so I'm sure it will be even better then.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 December 2013

It was cheap and I was tired. Some Motel 6es are good. This one was a dump. The room was clean. Air con and heating were only somewhat operable. Too cold and I couldn't turn it off. When I tried hot, it was too hot.

Bed looked like it might be OK but I didn't stay long enough to sleep. Musty smell.

Some other guests in the parking lot seem disreputable. My paranoia grew. When I heard, The bixxh isn't here." I bailed.

I drove to Abbeville and for $10 more I got the SunBelt Lodge. Excellent (see my review).

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Danwershow
York, UK
Reviewed 12 November 2013

There was quite a lot of building work going on when we arrived, but all for the better. In a few months it will be great as well as the rooms getting a renovation.
The computer system had gone down and it was reservations only as it was so full.
A slight hiccup when my mother was allocated a room that was "condemned" due to the quality of the bed. She was given a room close to mine and we got free wifi as an apology.
Rooms were good and quiet, with little traffic noise.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back and North are away from the road and the pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Gross. I give it one star because the building is actually there and I don't think the roof leaks.

I was lied to on arrival saying there were no down stairs rooms available. My no-smoking room was a nasty obvious smoking room, My replacement room was, surprisingly, downstairs.

The new room smelled musty, the carpet was worn, faded, and very dirty. Hours later, when I turned back the covers I found dirt and hairs on the bed sheets. The extremely small mattress pad under the sheets also had nasty, short, black, curly hairs all over it.

I grabbed a towel out of the bathroom to lay over the bed, but it was already damp! (The A/C was running when I entered the room, so it wasn't from humidity.)

To late to get a refund, and, unfortunately, I was traveling by motorcycle; I could not just go out & sleep in my car.

Move along, there is nowhere to sleep here.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Lafayette, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Billie L,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and odor conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.