“They Bring It”

Fat Pat's Bar & Grill
Ranked #85 of 586 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Visiting Lafayette this is one place I had to go! Friends made the Friday evening recommendation that did not disappoint! The service is incredibly attentive. Attentive to the point of learning your name and ready to be quizzed! If your glass sweats too much for you to hold, they have styrofoam to help. The shrimp tasted great with sweet potatoes fries! The burgers are the best in this area also! Tell'em I said hello!

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Alway enjoy the various hamburgers and sandwiches offered on the menu. Service always good. Willl return again

Reviewed 28 July 2013

There are two locations for Fat Pat's Bar & Grill in Lafayette. The old location is on Verot and the new location is on Westmark. The food is the same, but there is a wide variation in the service and atmosphere. Let's put it this way, we have actually passed the new location and driven many miles to go to the old one where you'll find much better service and atmosphere.

The food at both locations is excellent, but it better be as it is very much on the pricey side. If you are going to charge $7.64-$9.64 you better produce a great product. Lucky for all of us the burgers here are excellent every time. They also include fries with the burgers so that does make it a better bargain.

Fat Pat's also has other specialty sandwiches. I suggest the PORK AND BEAN sandwich. Yes, it's a little messy but it is FABULOUS. They also have a PEANUT BUTTER BACON BURGER which knocks it out of the park every time.

There are appetizers available but I suggest you stay with the basic chips and queso which is the best in town. They also have hot dogs on the menu but at $7-$10 for a hot dog I just can't bring myself to order one.

The old location on Verot has a great wait staff, and there is something about that location that just feels like a neighborhood bar & grill. The new location always feels over crowded to me, especially if it is a day when they have specials. I also have a hard time believing that the wait staff at the new location works for the same people as the people at the old location. Refills on tea & soft drinks only come when you ask for them. You have to flag down a server to get another beer. It's just not the same as the outstanding servers at the Verot location.

Service is important to me, and this is difficult since Fat Pat's Bar & Grills really have two different service experiences on a consistent basis. Verot service rates 5 out of 5. Westmark service rates 2.5 out of 5. Atmosphere at Verot is a strong 5, but Westmark is maybe a 3, sometimes a 2.

Overall we go to Fat Pat's Bar & Grill at both locations because the food is always good and the beer is always cold. At this point in our lives I refuse to not get what I want because the price is a little higher than I think it should be. It's not smart to say "the best" when it comes to any restaurant of any kind in Lafayette, so I won't say that Fat Pat's Bar & Grill is the best BAR & GRILL in town, but I will say that there are none that serve better food!

1  Thank bandman
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I always recommend Fat Pat's when asked about burgers. There are only two places I will eat a meat burger and they are one of them.
What got me excited last year was that they added new menu items and one of them was the peanut butter burger. Yeah... no typo...peanut butter. Now, I've seen peanut burger on beef before so I was not too bewildered. My parents are from Nigeria and over there we marinate our beef in peanut butter before we cook it, and can I say that taste is amazing? It doesn't taste like peanut butter any more. Think peanut satay without the sugar.

Unfortunately at Pats the peanut butter is topping the meat after cooking so you do get the full nutty flavor. Fortunately it still taste like heaven! I order this burger (make it a double) every time I eat here.
And if peanut butter is not your thing, try the mile high burger, topped with all their topping! Yummy!
Now I'm craving a burger!

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I was in Lafayette recently and found this place using "near destination restaurant" on my GPS. What a good find. I decided to eat outside in sun - okay... a table outside looking at the parking lot. Had a fun server who recommended a great sandwich. It really was deliscious. Nice seasoned fries and 2 for 1 drafts. I sat for a long time working as I ate and never felt any pressure to leave. The inside was busy - mostly men, ladies! So glad I happened upon this place. I'll go back when in Lafayette again.

1  Thank dawnlangl