“Best place in town!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lafayette
Blue Moon Guest House
Antwerp, Belgium
“Best place in town!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Well, where to start... Excellent location, very VERY friendly staff (Julia rules!), and a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. It has a great bar next door (the day before our stay some members of Los Lobos jammed there) and the kitchen has everything you need.
Clean rooms (we had the Bird's Nest), I don't know anything about the dorms since we had a private room. Our room had a private bathroom with bath but no shower, so we used the showers downstairs.
All in all, this place is a must when visiting the South. A highlight in our three week trip. Very highly recommended for the adventurous traveller.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bart M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mississippi
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Blue Moon for two nights and was impressed. It's a very cool older house with nice furniture, large bathrooms, a full guest kitchen, and a super sweet bar out back. I had a bit of trouble locating it, but I'm glad I spent the extra time driving around to find it. The beds in the dorm rooms are sort of flimsy, but I was comfortable. They provide plenty of reading material about the local attractions and a nice, comfy sitting area to read.

The live bands at night might bother some, but I really enjoyed hanging out with the local crowd that comes to drink and see the bands. The bartender was very friendly and the hostel service overall was good.

I was lucky to get a free parking spot on the street right outside, but there's limited parking available. Be sure to ask the staff where to park, since some of the surrounding businesses will tow you for being in their lot.

I had an enjoyable time at the Blue Moon and would definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brandon8080
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed in a 4 person dorm for a night, it was fine though there was not much room to put our bags, since it was just 1 night we just left them in the car. There's free parking outside. There's a quirky bar where you can watch bands, when that finishes there's a bar across the road if you want to kick on. Had a good stay, would come back again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was there and I didn't enjoy the staying because the crew they was very unfriendly and the bathrooms dirty. I couldn't sleep because the ac not worked. So I don't recommend to nobody the BM.and I couldn't use the parking they told me 10$ per day. What ? Damn

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Jeff D

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Bird's Nest which is the private room upstairs. This is a very private, quiet and large room with a private bathroom (bath tub no shower) on the landing. Very clean and comfortable and good value. The guest house had a relaxed and friendly feel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the property was really clean and cosy and free laundry facilities are a bonus!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Charlotte F
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This place is not for everyone! We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. We had to change rooms as they didn't have one for 2 consecutive nights. That was no trouble. Both rooms were fine. We preferred the one upstairs. This place is part hostel, part private rooms connected to a Saloon with live music most days. Do not expect fancy accomodations and bring ear plugs if you are an early sleeper. They actually had some ear plugs at the front desk but I wouldn't count on it. There are no TVs in the rooms. WIFI is there but not very dependable. There is a common kitchen available. Arrive in the morning, or after 5 pm as the office is not open all day. Highly recommend for adventurous souls who love music.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We didn't actually stay here. We will consider it next time we are in Lafayette. We went to the back porch and listened to two bands on a Saturday night. Service at the bar was friendly and efficient. This is a good thing considering we are older and in many places in college towns, older people are ignored. For such a small place, the acoustics are fantastic. I guess a lot has to do with the sound engineer. Our nephew recommended this place and we are glad he did. We'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple