“So homely”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lafayette
Blue Moon Guest House
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed here with a Trek America group as part of a coast to coast tour. The atmosphere was lovely and the outside of the building is exactly what I expected of Louisiana with the rocking chairs on the porch. The dorms were basic which was fine by us, a bed is a bed. It was comfy but the only thing that let it down was the fact our bunk creaked every time we moved. Still that's hardly an issue.

I think of the whole tour this was my favourite place to stay, it had so much character, the people were friendly it was just a home away from home which is massively important when you're on the other side of the world. The kitchen was big although we didn't get chance to use it and the bathroom was clean. It was so much nicer than the usual boring chain hotels.

If you like all the comforts of a hotel you probably won't be happy here, there aren't fancy soaps or widescreen tv's but if all you want is somewhere you feel safe, can maybe make a few friends and get a good nights sleep then this place is great. I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charly_murg

Reviewed 14 June 2014

6 of us stayed in the detached house which we were told would be big enough.However the third bed was a small futon and not big enough so 1 couple had to cobble the settee together.however the house was nice and roomy with a washer and dryer which was useful in the middle of a 2 week holiday.
Lafayette however had shut down,we found 2 bars only one of which was doing food.We had a nice night in Marleys.
There is actually very little going on in Lafayette any night til weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackie s
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Well, where to start... Excellent location, very VERY friendly staff (Julia rules!), and a wonderful relaxed atmosphere. It has a great bar next door (the day before our stay some members of Los Lobos jammed there) and the kitchen has everything you need.
Clean rooms (we had the Bird's Nest), I don't know anything about the dorms since we had a private room. Our room had a private bathroom with bath but no shower, so we used the showers downstairs.
All in all, this place is a must when visiting the South. A highlight in our three week trip. Very highly recommended for the adventurous traveller.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Bart M
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at the Blue Moon for two nights and was impressed. It's a very cool older house with nice furniture, large bathrooms, a full guest kitchen, and a super sweet bar out back. I had a bit of trouble locating it, but I'm glad I spent the extra time driving around to find it. The beds in the dorm rooms are sort of flimsy, but I was comfortable. They provide plenty of reading material about the local attractions and a nice, comfy sitting area to read.

The live bands at night might bother some, but I really enjoyed hanging out with the local crowd that comes to drink and see the bands. The bartender was very friendly and the hostel service overall was good.

I was lucky to get a free parking spot on the street right outside, but there's limited parking available. Be sure to ask the staff where to park, since some of the surrounding businesses will tow you for being in their lot.

I had an enjoyable time at the Blue Moon and would definitely recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brandon8080
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed in a 4 person dorm for a night, it was fine though there was not much room to put our bags, since it was just 1 night we just left them in the car. There's free parking outside. There's a quirky bar where you can watch bands, when that finishes there's a bar across the road if you want to kick on. Had a good stay, would come back again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I was there and I didn't enjoy the staying because the crew they was very unfriendly and the bathrooms dirty. I couldn't sleep because the ac not worked. So I don't recommend to nobody the BM.and I couldn't use the parking they told me 10$ per day. What ? Damn

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Bird's Nest which is the private room upstairs. This is a very private, quiet and large room with a private bathroom (bath tub no shower) on the landing. Very clean and comfortable and good value. The guest house had a relaxed and friendly feel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the property was really clean and cosy and free laundry facilities are a bonus!

• Stayed: September 2013