“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Monroe
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Laquinta Inn and Suites in Lafayette is such a great place to stay! Superb service, nice rooms, and great rates are things i look for in a great hotel and this one has them all. I will definitely be staying there again for all of my return trips to Lafayette!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank kylie b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The stay at this hotel was extremely worthwhile. The staff was more than accommodating, and extremely friendly. The rooms were nice, breakfast was good, and the pool was great. Had a good time overall and would definitely recommend this excellent location to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for Cara...she is THE best!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank SNLabat
Katy, TX
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I am a LaQuinta Rewards Elite member and this hotel chain happens to be one of our preferred hotels so I have stayed at A LOT of LQs everywhere. I'm pretty good at figuring out which are the good ones and which ones are not before I stay there. This one was a no brainer for me because I am from Lafayette and saw this hotel built just a few years ago. I've recommended a lot of people to stay there...and now I am so embarrased that I did. This hotel may have been nice once but it looks like a run down hourly truck stop now. Don't let the "Inns & Suites" tag fool you. This is the worst I&S I've ever stayed in.
The smell...everywhere, was horrible. It was the smell of mildew. When I asked the front desk they said the whole building is leaking. When I got to my room, the A/C didn't work and the room just seemed dirty, so they moved me to another room and the A/C worked but the room still seemed dirty and just overall in poor repair. When I woke up, there was a huge puddle of water in the room from where the A/C leaked all night and when I went to iron my shirt...no iron or board. Throughout the hotel it just seems dirty...floors, walls, stains of who-knows-what on the furniture in the room.
Honestly, this is a horrible representation of the LQ brand. I've stayed in hotels a hundred years older in New Orleans and they are in better shape than this hotel just a few years old. And yes, this is the location in the Lafayette Oil Center...not the one on I49. If yoou want to stay at a nice LQ, stay at the one in Broussard, LA just down the road. That's where I stayed the second night after leaving the Oil Center location and it is BEAUTIFUL.
The staff was nice enough at the Oil Center location...not their fault at all. They tried to help me but that hotel just needs to be completely renovated.

Room Tip: Don't stay there until it is renovated.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelWithMe2011
Dallas
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Stayed the night of February 13, 2011. The front desk service, and especially the hotel manager herself, provided the best service any guest could ever ask for. They both went above and beyond in trying to help me find taxi and transportation service to a court-ordered mediation at the federal courthouse that morning. I was surprised and ever grateful for the help and service they provided to me. It shows that really care for their guests. On top of it all, the room was exquisitely clean, very comfortable, beautifully decorated, spacious and with the necessary desk space and amenities for the business traveler. The hotel's location is also ideally situated for those having business in Lafayette's downtown and central business district, and is a short drive from the airport. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the beautiful town of Lafayette.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Nice hotel, especially for the price. The young lady that helped us check in on 02/12/2011 at 8:30 pm was very nice. La Quinta shuld not let her go. She also was the desk clerk the next morning on 02/13/2011 at 9:30 that helped us. She worked 3-11 on Saturday and 7 - 3 on Sunday morning. Even though she probably had litle sleep.. she was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank dwlshreveport
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I have stayed in La Quinta's before and most are just so-so. This one is fabulous. Immaculate, beautifully decorated with ceiling mouldings, corniced draperies, pleasing color schemes and worth the short drive from the interstate to the hotel. And, there is no chemical room spray odor in the building. It just smells clean and that is important to me since I have asthma and one lung. The staff were pleasant, knowledgeabe, well groomed. To top it off, the room rates are a surprisingly nice value. Stay here if you are in the area. You won't be dissapointed!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is a most well managed inn, and I've truly enjoyed all my continuing visits over the past three years! It is perfectly clean, with very friendly staff. Breakfast is delicious, and its location is convenient. They are very kind to pets. I wholeheartedly recommend this fine hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business