“Very interesting museum”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very interesting museum”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We found the museum to be very interesting and well worth a visit. The movie that they show, however, is dated and rather cheesy. I hope that they will redo the movie.

Visited June 2014

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Must see before Vermilionville”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Wow... perfect stop to learn about the history of the Acadian culture. We (all 5 of my family) walked out of there more educated on the life of Acadia so making connections at Vermilionville was great to see from my kids!!

1 Thank Camille C
Bug Tussle
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 525 helpful votes
“I think my 1/16 Cajun jumped a foot out of my chest”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

when I visite here. I knew the basic story, but I learned more, like why my Cajun ancestor's marriage and death dates made the computer "loop" and crash. Two brothers in one family married two sisters in another family. When one brother and one sister died, the survivors married each other--tripped my computer off line. I recommend this place to anyone from out of Louisiana who has Cajun ancestors.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank HappyCamper409
Cat Spring, Texas
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Cajun country”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A short visit and did not allow enough time. Old time village with outstanding old homes. Worth the trip and plan ahead as different events may be taking place. Good time.

Visited March 2014
st.louis MO
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Interesting Acadian History”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stopped here after reading about in AAA book and Trip Advisor. They have a great movie which tells the story of the Acadian people which is very well done. The People who work there are really nice and informative. Nice little museum also. Glad we went - we learned a lot.

Visited May 2014