“Nice property” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Nice property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Clean, reasonable rates, nice free breakfast, spacious room, friendly staff. There were some minor issues - sink very slow to drain as stopper barely open and wouldn't adjust, shower head about 8' high and low water pressure, and bathroom door determined to remain open (which blocked sink area). Lots of noise from room above me - could hear every footfall it seemed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank N0rmalee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
bATON rOUGE, la, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

Enjoyed the stay. Was for a family wedding, close to the reception, made it easy to get to bed after a long night of partying. Good breakfast, clean hotel. Will come again if in the area. I don't know what else to say - THIS THING WON'T LET ME SUBMIT MY REVIEW UNTIL I TYPE 200 CHARACTERS

Kansas City, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Am a regular business travel (going on 20 years) and had stayed at this hotel in the past, no problems. This time, was given smoking room -- in direct opposition of reservation. When issue was brought to attention of front desk (room very smelly, I have asthma, etc.) was treated terribly. Multiple front desk personnel were rude, told colleague (who had same issue) and I that we had requested smoking rooms, that they could do nothing to rectify the situation, etc. We ultimately kept the rooms because we were flying out next morning and surrounding hotels were booked. Nevertheless, hotel staff continued to treat us rudely upon returning from dinner, lied about us blowing the room type/request out of proportion, etc. In my nearly two decades of traveling, I have never observed such unprofessionalism. Colleague was told she would not be charged for room and she still was. My complaint was ignored all together, even when issues were brought to manager's attention. 100% guarantee? Ha! Never even mentioned. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this hotel while under current management and/or with current front desk staff. They are a complete disservice to what is typically a solid brand.

4 Thank Stephanie C
Collierville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I am been traveling weekly since the beginning of the year, this was by far the least desirable Hampton that I have stayed at. Front staff was not very friendly, was not welcomed as a Hilton's Member, was placed on the 1st floor, back parking lot, went to close my door, flip the security arm and it was broken/lose-female traveling alone, wasn't staying there! Requested to move, when they told me they were full, I was able to move up to the 3rd floor. Just didn't get the warm and fuzzy's from here, will never stay here again.

2 Thank Elizabeth G
Bethlehem, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

The room smelled of stale smoke and the extra linens smelled as well. The bathroom smelled of urine. We asked to be moved to another room but none was available. We were leaving very early in the morning and we used points to stay here so we had no options of going else where. Stay elsewhere....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Nanette W
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Absolutely shocking.

Long post involving a toenail clipping, urine, and blood stains; please read and consider before booking.

I normally love Hampton Inn. I'm a Hilton Honors member, and have stayed with the chain for years, over many different hotels in many different cities. I've come to expect a level of comfort and cleanliness that Hampton Inn prides itself on, and heavily advertises, such as the "OMG - TBISC" (Oh My Gosh - This Bed Is So Clean) giant ads in the elevators.

2 week road trip with the family. Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Fort Stockton, no problem. 6 nights at the Austin / Oak Hills Hampton Inn. Beautiful. So we packed up the kids, and drove to this property, arriving a little after 9pm on Monday, April 8, 2013. Sonia was working the desk. Asked her for a room on the 4th (top) floor. She worked the computer and after a bit of time, I was rewarded with room 424. Lobby area seemed clean. I had been awake since 5:21 am, and was ready to jump into my clean bed and get some well deserved sleep. The wife and kids (ages 12, 10, and 5) went to the room while I began to unpack the family truckster.

I proceeded to my room on the 4th floor. I noticed the property seemed to be showing some age, and seemed a bit shabby and tired looking. As soon as I got to the room, one look at my wife's face and I knew there was trouble. Crystallized urine on the toilet seat hinge. One duvet was ink stained, the other had some mystery substance smeared on it. Room seemed in need of an update - badly. So, my wife goes to put her purse down between the bed and nightstand. There, on the carpet in the open, was a huge toenail clipping... gross! My wife wanted another room.

I went down and asked for another room and told Sonia what we had found. She was apologetic, and soon gave me the "keys" to room 325. I told my wife to go take a look before I started moving everything. She came back and said room 325 was even worse, with cracked and moldy caulking in the bathroom, torn shower curtain, and dirty carpet. So it was decision time: do we stay, or go? My wife ultimately decided to stay. Another employee (young female African-American, never got her name) had come up to room 424 with an antiquated vacuum and some cleaning supplies to clean the room. I was told they had no one in housekeeping. The vacuum cleaner didn't work, so she got an older looking one and fired it up. A distinct cloud of dust poofed out of the collection bag, suspending particles of other people's detritus in the air for us to inhale or settle upon the room's surfaces.

My wife looked resigned. She asked about the smeared substance on the duvet. She was told it was super glue. Evidently, the cover had been cut / abraded and suoer glue was used to prevent more fraying. My wife pulled the duvet back, and immediately said in a loud voice "We're not staying!" and walked out of the room. I went over to take a look. Blood stains on the lower mattress cover and bed skirt.

For the first time in over 25 years of travelling, I walked out of a confirmed reservation, to take my chances somewhere else. With 3 grumpy, tired kids, and a grossed out wife.

How is this possible at a Hampton Inn...? What happened to standards of cleanliness? Can't blame a property's age... I've stayed at a few properties over 100 years old that were clean and elegant, and inviting. If the room looks like this, I can imagine what breakfast and the prep area must be like. Someone should be fired, and someone who actually cares needs to step in and make changes. Hilton should sell this property - fast. I've seen better and cleaner rooms at a cheap motel. Don't ask how I know.

I kinda laughed on the way out, as the elevator door closed and I was confronted with the giant advertisement about the clean beds.

Note to any film students in the Lafayette area: If your movie needs a seedy, depressing, dingy hotel scene, get your cameras to the 4th floor of this Hampton Inn, and rent room 424. Roll sound, roll film.... ACTION !

Ended up around the corner at the Homewood Suites - excellent, clean, non-blood-stained room, without toenail clippings or urine stains.

Room Tip: Shockingly dirty room with blood stained bed skirt and free, large toenail clipping on carpet... R...
4 Thank beeks919
Hope L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
We apologize for the quality of services you experienced while you attempted to stay with us. We appreciate the details and will address each area with the correct department. We will be moving into our guest rooms next to update them as well. Thank you for the compliment about Sonia- our sincere goal is to serve you in the most professional manner yet still delivering Hamptonality. Feedback like yours will help us to improve our guest experience.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Spent a night here in Lafayette. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. Property is not new, but has been maintained. Breakfast was busy, but staff kept everything very well stocked. Some of the bench seating in the dining area is a little low. Room was typical Hampton Inn, and the bed was very comfortable. Would stay here again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hope L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank You So much for your review, we appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you again soon!