“"Non smoking" really means "less smoking"”

Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed 6 October 2012

After driving 12 hours, I checked into my non smoking room on a non smoking only to wake up with my throat swollen up due to the air quality of the room.
Please note that breakfast is served at 7am on the weekends.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests and are very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with your room not being as fresh smelling as we would like it to be. Your comments are being reviewed by our management team so we will make sure future guest do not have similar experiences. Our mission is for all of our guest to enjoy a clean and comfortable stay and it is feedback like yours that will help us meet these goals. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Joseph Baros
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I love this hotel. Have stopped here when traveling from FL to TX multiple times. The staff is friendly and the free food and beverages are great. My room is always clean; once it was smokyt smelling but the staff immediately transferred our family to a smell free room. I usually book the suites because they are amazing compared to other Drury Inns- they have a large fridge with freezer attached and kitchenette area. The suites tend to be quieter. I love it because I bring a cooler of food on my travels. I always bring my dogs as there are no extra charges for them and there is plenty of green space outside for the dogs. I have stayed at Drury Inns in Texas, Kentucky, North Carolina, Illinois, and Louisanna and this is my favorite.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atrium because this side of the hotel faces the highway which can get l...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We love the Drury Inns. We always get a great room & people that care - at a fair price. We have a pup & they are 100% dog friendly - at no add'l charge. Sheri, the manager, and Jackie, the breakfast & 'kickback' cocktail hour manager, are always wonderful! It's like going home. The breakfast is complete & 'kickback' cocktail food is enough for us for dinner. This is our second time at this Drury Inn & we will return. They will do whatever is needed to make sure that we are happy & comfortable. We are very picky -- and we were happy. I do agree that they need to continue to maintain this property - like the bed skirts - but it would not keep us from coming back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2012

My husband requires a roll-in shower. When we arrived our accessible suite for 2 adults and two children had a tub with grab bars. Stephanie made it possible for my husband to use a shower in another room with a roll-in, so that we didn't have to move to another hotel. Jeff and the rest of the staff made sure that we had help and everything we needed to make this a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We have been staying here for years. This year not so good. Hotel needs updating. Bedspreads are old and not cleaned after each guest. Room needed a good cleaning. The pool and spa were FILTHY. Food is always good here, but with the condition of the hotel, I would not stay in this Drury again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for your inconvenience at the pool. We had a part that needed to be replaced on the pump and have taken corrective action. Proper maintenance of our properties is important and we appreciate your comments so we can improve.

Shari Weber

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Fantastic place to stay no matter your travel plans. This hotel has it all, great staff like Stephanie and Herb, smiles every where we turned. The place was beautiful and well kept. Plenty of eminities like the three free drinks at the kickback hour and the wonderful popcorn machine full of freshly popped popcorn right across from the front desk when we checked in. We were in our room within minutes and it was immaculate and well prepared. The bed was luxurious and we slept like babies. Our room was on the side facing the interstate and we didn't hear any road noise. Cracker Barrel was right next door and Race Trac gas/convienience store was on the corner. This was our first time here but it will not be our last, and the price was unbelievably reasonable. We have found our hotel home, it will be Drury from now on.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moon O
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed one night, SUPER clean and friendly. Hot breakfast buffet. When can I go back?
Convenient right off I-10